Lotta - EDD 05/01/2006 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Kitty -EDD ? ^babycrawl^
Countrygirl EDD 10/01/06 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
EH - EDD ? ^babycrawl^
Tiggy - EDD - ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Munnsy- ^reiki^
Olwen ^reiki^

2WW girls

My embryos are growing and are safe and happy in my warm, safe, well nourished womb ... Banana Guru chant (Flick)

Audrey Testing- 11th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^
GM - Testing 14th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^
Aless - Testing 18th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^
Beachbabe- Testing 18th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^

EC

ET

Stimmers and sniffers

Lou - Stimms 1/6
Alli Stimms
Nikki Stimms
Crystal - Stimms

Immune tests/hormone profiles

Cycle Monitoring

Eva -
Croc

Waiting impatiently and going crazy

CLAUDINE -STILL WAITING FOR FSH TO DROP
Callie-waiting for fsh to drop
Fiffi - Summer
Paranoid
analise
jparks(jen)
Joanna
Missylondon
Flopsy
Laylar - FET May/June
Martha- Summer
Lipgloss
Lauren - WELCOME
^rainbow^ ^goodluck^ Follow-ups ^rainbow^ ^goodluck^

Lila
Dockers
Dee-
Sophia-
Eileen
Debbie-
Moni-
Flick
Sabina2
Lol
Shade
Holly
Juliet
Euston
Tina -
Trying

Initial Consultations

Bunless - June 15th

Argc angels gone but never forgotten

Kate -Baby lost 12 weeks RIP
Teresa baby boy lost 22 weeks RIP
Carmela- Twin boys lost at 12 weeks RIP

Honorary Members

Georgia - No 1 girl (originator)
Van - 0n the road to adoption ^goodluck^

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ON THE ARGC LIST PLEASE IM YOUR NAME AND WHERE YOU ARE ON THIS CRAZY ROLLERCOASTER

PLEASE GIRLS COULD YOU TELL ME WHEN YOUR EDD ARE

·
Registered
112 Posts
Morning girls,
                Thankyou all so much for the well wishes......unfortunately my HCG levels had dropped so much they said  there was no point doing an IVIG.So i now just have to wait for a bleed...........it`s an awful feeling knowing it`s still in there!!!!!!Want it be over and done with. :'(
What i don`t understand is why i wasn`t given an IVIG before bearing in mind my immune issues, it seems quite common to have them at the time of ET and from what i have read that is the important time to have it?????????
Anyway I will ask Mr T when I see him.
            Lots of love Munnsy. XXX

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh Munnsy - I am soo soo sorry to hear your news :'( . You and DH really really need to look after yourselves. I hope you get a follow up soon and Mr T answers all your questions. Thinking of you both. ^Cuddle^ x

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Munnsy - so sorry to hear your news. Make sure you keep well rested. Hope Mr T can come up with some answers.  ^Cuddle^

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oh Munnsy, I'm so sorry about what has happened - the same happened to me just at a slightly earlier stage (within a week of my positive).  It's important to take time out and just focus on yourself.  Totally know what you mean about wanting it all over: are you on gestone?  Unfortunately I had a 5 day wait before I bled after stopping gestone, hopefully it's not too long.
Look after yourself sweetie.  ^hugme^

Moni
xxx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hi - i can't get through to argc and my gp wants a fax telling them what is needed by 1030 am today. am panicking as they are engaged...
any ideas? eva

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Eva Argc doesn't open till 9am sweetie try around 9.15 good luck

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Munnsy
I'm soo sorry sweetie to hear your news.The same thing happened to me as well and I just wanted it over and done with.
I hope Mr.T will be able to answer your questions and after some time out be able to  try again.
Please hang around though ;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Munsy so so sorry to see your post I can't imagine what it must be like..I really hope this all 'ends' soon so you can both start to grieve and move on....

it never goes away....don't know if I mentioned this on this thread before but a year or two after losing our baby I started to dream of a little baby girl and as time went on this little baby girl got a bit older and looked like my younger sister did when she was little...but then I kept getting told by mediums that I lost a little girl and then one said I meet her in my dreams and I realised that it wasn't my sister when she was little it was our baby......

Take care

Maureen 

·
Registered
537 Posts
GM - thanks for your post, I am fine now I did feel a bit down but I do bounce back....

now for you..sorry to see its your turn now and you feel down, hope you feel better today....you are on the hardest bit of this journey remember that and don't be too hard on yourself

and now I am making my way up the mountain in big strong strides I grab you and drag you up with me if you want ^idiot^ ^idiot^

me and my analogies eh!! sorry teacher is that how you spell it?? :-\

Lady Tango - (love the name ;) .....) can you change me on the list from monitoring to waiting impatiently please :mad:

Marly glad to see everything settled down and you enjoyed your hols...typical of a little boy to cause that sort of worry, you have years of this so maybe he is trying to ensure you get a bit of practise in before he really causes havoc when he launches himself on the world

Tonga - good luck on your nuchal scan

Tina - good to have you back and glad you had a good holiday too

Crystal - sorry to see that you still haven triggered but its better to keep them eggs cooking hope you get the call soon and have a bumper crop and the same for your new friend 'A'

Ruth/Tina - believe me 35 is nothing, wish I was 35 :(

Audrey - hope you are ok, not long to go now, sending positive vibes out to you and everyone else on the dreaded 2ww

^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^ ^afro^ ^reiki^

Hello to Carmella, Nikki, Tiggy, eva, moni, bunless, van, alli, paranoid and everyone else...

Well I went to see Daniel last night and he got my AF going good and proper...he told me some very interesting things to read on the internet regarding HFEA and ARGC so might take a peak later

Have a lovely day everyone and if I don't pop back a lovely relaxing weekend
we are dog sitting again, this time Tony's mum's dog which is an old ****su sorry no good at spelling that either!!!
He is not much trouble but does have a habit of sleeping next to your bed and continously either snores or licks his 'bits' all night....which is very hard to sleep through.....what joy ;)

maureen

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Hello ARGC Girls,

Just looking for a little advice, I posted here recently but can't seem to find it, so am posting again.

I recently had a negative cycle at the Center for Life in Newcastle, the staff were lovely and I have no complaints, however I do notice that the ARGC, has very good success rates, and from what I gather, the tx is more tailored to each client.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice ( a PM would be really helpful) on the following:

* the success rates are near aprox 50% does this mean that women undergoing treatment have a 1 in 2 chance of getting pg?

*I have an FSH of 12.5 will I be eligible for tx?

*Do you think the stress of going to London for tx would out weigh the +ve benefits offered through ARGC, as I live in Newcastle and would have to travel.? 

*I had and ICSI cycle in Newcastle, (£3600 including drugs) and I know that the ARGC costs more, and am wondering if the extra £2000 -£3000 in travel and tx cost would be beneficial. Maybe there is someone at the ARGC who is not local and and give some advice.

Thank you all so much for reading my post.  Wishing you the best with your treatments.  ^rainbow^

Much appreciated,

Gen

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi Gen

I live pretty locally to london so can't comment on the travel but can on some of the other bits (though there are girls on here who do travel from all different parts of the country to the ARGC so they will be able to help you with this)

I have just moved to the ARGC...

It is right the tx is tailored to your individual needs and the cost of tx is higher because of the constant monitoring blood tests scans etc you have during tx.  Also you can't really buy drugs in bulk as you don't know what you are going to be asked to take every day as from what I understand you have a blood test in the morning and then dependent on your levels your meds can vary....

They will only start tx when they think you have the best chance and that means that they wait until all your results are at their best and FSH is under 10....this is not to say they wont treat you its just they wait for it to reduce.  I have just completed a monitored cycle and my FSH came bak at 13.4.  You may also need a hysterscopy ( i had one last month) this shows them the size and shape of your uterus, if you have any scar tissue, polyps or fibriods which may hinder implantation and basically gives them the information to know where the best place is to put the embies back...in my case I had a longer than normal uterus which means they need to use a longer cathetar thingy at transfer.
Not everyeone has to have one of these but if you do it costs about £1300 though a lot of girls have managed to get it paid under private health care as their GP has referred them for Gynea reasons (my GP wouldn't!!)

I know some of the girls who have travelled have arranged for their bloods to be done locally and faxed to the ARGC but I think when you go to stimms you may have to consider living in London for a couple of weeks, but I am sure the others will give you advice

The stats cannot be interpreted as a 1 in 2 chance of getting pregnant as it very much depends on your individual circumstances but after an initial consultation they will be able to tell you what your personal chances are

Good luck

Maureen

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Croc

Your dream was lovely  :-* but  :'(
Sometimes hon our dreams take longer then others to become real but I do hope yours is just around the corner.
I often dream about children chasing each other and laughing really loud,Brian often asks me what I dream as I always have a smile on my face.If you see my profile signature then hopefully it is my babies all growing up now

Love to you
Georgia
xx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Just popping in to see how Lou is doing - so "how are the stims going Lou?  Hope Adam's head is still on!! LOL"
Saw too a number of old cycle buddies etc are on here - so heaps of luck too to Laylar and Flopsy too.
AND had not seen that Olwen has a BFP WHEY HEY!! Way to go !!!

Fee xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ARGC GIRLS

ARGC Mummies

Van - 06/02 ^blueted^
Dada - 10/12/04 ^blueted^
Wendy - 10/03/05 Eleanor ^pinkted^
Kerry (KT) - 22/03/05 Matthew and James ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Nicj - 22/03/05 Abbie and Megan ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Kate (Mrs.P) 23/03/05 Gabriele ^blueted^
* Julia*- 04/04/05 Daniel ^blueted^
Amber- 13/4/05 William ^blueted^
Jane- 21/04/05 Katie and Anna ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Lara- 05/05/05 Harris Edward and Alexander Hugo ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Kim -06/05/05 Rebecca ^pinkted^
6 Girls
9 Boys

ARGC Mummies To Be

JenF - EDD 4/07/05 ^babycrawl^
Emma - EDD 31/07/05 ^babycrawl^
Victoria - EDD 4/08/05 ^babycrawl^
DBZ - EDD 6/8/05 ^babycrawl^
Emmi - EDD 7/8/05 ^babycrawl^
Renata - EDD 18/8/05 ^babycrawl^
Tash - EDD 23/08/05 ^babycrawl^
Megan - EDD 9/9/05 ^babycrawl^
Marly - EDD 14/10/05 ^babycrawl^
Carmela - EDD 16/10/05 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Emma lou- EDD ? ^babycrawl^
Wisbabe(Ruth) EDD 13/12/05 ^babycrawl^
Tonga EDD 28/12/05 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Hel1000 EDD ? ^babycrawl^
Lotta - EDD 05/01/2006 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Kitty -EDD ? ^babycrawl^
Countrygirl EDD 10/01/06 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
EH - EDD ? ^babycrawl^
Tiggy - EDD - ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Olwen ^reiki^

2WW girls

My embryos are growing and are safe and happy in my warm, safe, well nourished womb ... Banana Guru chant (Flick)

Audrey Testing- 11th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^
GM - Testing 14th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^
Aless - Testing 18th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^
Beachbabe- Testing 18th June ^noAF2^ ^goodluck^

EC

ET

Stimmers and sniffers

Lou - Stimms 1/6
Alli Stimms
Nikki Stimms
Crystal - Stimms

Immune tests/hormone profiles

Cycle Monitoring

Eva -

Waiting impatiently and going crazy

CLAUDINE -STILL WAITING FOR FSH TO DROP
Callie-waiting for fsh to drop
Fiffi - Summer
Paranoid
analise
jparks(jen)
Joanna
Missylondon
Flopsy
Laylar - FET May/June
Martha- Summer
Lipgloss
Lauren -
Croc

^rainbow^ ^goodluck^ Follow-ups ^rainbow^ ^goodluck^

Lila
Dockers
Dee-
Sophia-
Eileen
Debbie-
Moni-
Flick
Sabina2
Lol
Shade
Holly
Juliet
Euston
Tina -
Trying
Munnsy

Initial Consultations

Bunless - June 15th

Argc angels gone but never forgotten

Kate -Baby lost 12 weeks RIP
Teresa baby boy lost 22 weeks RIP
Carmela- Twin boys lost at 12 weeks RIP

Honorary Members

Georgia - No 1 girl (originator)
Van - 0n the road to adoption ^goodluck^

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ON THE ARGC LIST PLEASE IM YOUR NAME AND WHERE YOU ARE ON THIS CRAZY ROLLERCOASTER

PLEASE GIRLS COULD YOU TELL ME WHEN YOUR EDD ARE

·
Registered
586 Posts
Munnsy - I am so sorry to hear your news. Take it easy and look after each other. Sending you a big  ^hugme^
Love GM xx

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Girls

Munnsy ~ Oh honey - I'm so sorry that your levels haven't risen.  Thinking of you sweetie ^hugme^

Audrey ~ Tons of luck for testing tomorrow  ^reiki^

Beachbabe ~ Hope you're OK - how are you keeping on the 2ww?

Aless ~ Sending you tons of  ^reiki^ thoughts sweetie.

GM ~ It is so hard to stay positive all of the time when you're on 2ww - in fact, I'd say it's impossible.  Just try your best to be positive for those embies of yours - I expect they've already embedded and are snuggling in nicely.  ^reiki^

Georgia ~ Shoes!  Have you found any orange ones?  You've got enough orange vests, so you'll have to find some accessories to go with them  ;D

Maureen ~ Sorry you've been so down lately, it is so important to share your feelings when you're going through a tough time - it really does help.  Say hi to Daniel when you see him next - unfortunately, as I'm having to get back for work, I can't spare any time to see him this time round.  Let us know what you find out about HFEA and ARGC  ;)

Marly ~ what a terrible scare you had on holiday.  So glad that everything is OK and that your little man is growing nicely.

Lol ~ How are you doing honey?

Jen ~ I travel from Poole every time I need to visit ARGC.  On my first cycle, I stayed up in London but absolutely hated it.  I was lucky I met up with so many girls from ARGC, as they made my time in London enjoyable - I just hated it once I had to go back to my SIL/BIL's, when all I wanted was to be at home.  It's a 5 hour round trip, but it's not that bad really, once you get in the swing of things.  I get a 7 day travel card (with tube) which costs £118 per week.  Plus I can go back to work in the afternoons (at the moment!).  Good luck!

Tonga ~ 12 weeks already!  Good luck with your nuchal sweetie  :-*

Crystal ~ Couldn't believe it when I saw you in the waiting room again, thought you'd have triggered.  Good luck and hope today is your day!

Lou ~ Crystal mentioned you were in for IVIG today - hope it went OK  :-*

Tina ~ Great you had a good holiday - not so great to be back at work though eh! 

Hi to Van, Carmela, Moni, Wis, Shade, Tiggy, Joanna, Jane, Alli and any other ARGC girls I haven't mentioned personally - hope you're all OK.

Got my phone call yesterday to say Mr T wanted me to stay on the Synarel but to go up for a scan today.  So off I trotted up to London and he still wants me to wait.  My levels are nice and low, but still looks like there could be some ovary activity going on.  I did bloods again and should hear again today, but he did mention he might leave it another couple of days just to be sure.  I'm happy with that 'cos it gives me the weekend off! 

Just waiting for our solicitor to call today to see if we're going to exchange today.  We're looking at next Thurs / Fri as a move date.  Got a quote from removals and we're going to get them to pack the house up, so no big deal if we do move next week - I'll be up in London, so DH will be the one tearing his hear out  ;D

Catch up later girls
Bye for now
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
248 Posts
Munnsy
I'm so sorry your levels have dropped and hope that you and DH are OK. It will happen for you you have to believe that. Hopefully once you can both bear to Mr T can persuade you to try again
big hugs to you both

Maureen - your dream made me want to cry I really hope it comes true in the next couple of months

love Marly

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi girls,
        I am feeling better already thanks to all your support and my wonderful DH.........will let you know what Mr T has to say when i see him.
 Love Munnsy,
p.s. a friend said that she would have one for me......that really made me weep........how lovely is that!!!!!!!      

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.