Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi everyone

Its taken me ages to catch up..since Friday when I left work you lot posted 12 pages!!!
So forgive me if I don’t do personals to everyone..
My broadband connection has gone down at home and this is the first chance I have had to get on here, it’s a bit like withdrawl symptoms if I can’t get on for a few days so actually didn’t mind coming to work (too much) this morning cos at least I knew I would be able to get on here and catch up!!!

DH’s mum’s old mut has come to stay and in an effort to get a good nights sleep we tried having him sleep on the landing instead of in our room (don’t know if you remember a previous post but all he does all night is lick his bits and snore!! Not DH, the dog!!), anyway that didn’t work cos all he did was bark every half an hour really loudly just once or twice just as we were going off to sleep again…URGGGGHHH so I have had hardly any sleep…..I am dog lover honest but just like other peoples kids, there are some you tolerate, some you can grow to love and some you adore….

So after a very broken nights sleep I gets on the train, this morning, fed up cos its Monday morning and I am coming to work and leaving DH in bed (but at least he has the dog for company..tee hee!!) and then this bloke plonks himself next to me on the tube and promptly starts to pick his nose and then flick his finds all around the carriage…why do blokes do that? Filthy ba**ard…anyway enough of all this
I am having such a good start to the week, can you tell????

Right, enough of this….and although its belated..

A huge congratulations to Audrey and DH I am so very pleased for you..

And Crystal well done on your bumper crop, I hope they are dividing like
Mad..don’t let some stupid hormonal nurse upset you…you did make me laugh
About the biscuits, never really thought about it, but I had manky rich tea ones
After my hysterscopy..

Van good news about your course and yes you’re right it was those papers Daniel
Was telling me about and how obvious it is  that HFEA really come down  on the ARGC

Nikki so glad you are stimming now and I wish you all the luck in the world for this
cycle

Alessi hope the 2ww is not driving you too mad…

Soulcyster – good luck for your appointment tomorrow

Tiggy hope work is ok, it must be brilliant knowing you are only back there for a
While and then off on maternity leave, that’s what you have to keep thinking about

Lou good luck today

Missy London – inspite of trying not to, I am a bit hooked on the celebrity love island thing, cannot believe Paul and how he has managed to bag that Barbie doll and Lady Isabella, even though he is young he reminds me of an old letch…Yukkkkkk!!!
I wouldn’t if he was the only bloke in the world….!!

I’ll pop back later so sorry to everyone else I may have missed….

Hope you’re having  better day than me

Maureen 

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Hi girls,

Just a quick update...all 10 were suitable for ICSI! and we have 8 on the go, so transfer is Wednesday or Friday.

Maureen - Yukk!!! what a horrid experience.....hope your week improves.

Love to all,
Crystal
xxx

·
Registered
890 Posts
Crystal - well done on EC, 10 eggs + 8 for ICSI is great.
I think i know the nurse you are talking about, sorry you were treated so horribly by her.
I had a conversation with her because she looked very down and i asked if she was ok.
She told me that she recently was on a train going to visit relatives in Birmingham, with cannot remember if it was her Husband or Brother, anyway he suffered a big heartattack in front of her eyes and all her efforts and others to revive him did not work and he died.
She said the only reason she kept working was to help her get through things, apparently she has worked there for years.
I am in no way excusing what she done to you because she was out of order to talk to you like that, but it may explain why she always is miserable.

Lou - good luck for EC today

Kate - your hubby on his mobile phone in the hallway  ^roflmao^

Van - glad you are enjoying your course

Nikki - congrats on starting to stimm

Croc - eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  how disgusting of the filthy  ^pig^

GM - wishing you so much luck for your results tomorrow, really hope Mr T has worked his magic for you

^rainbow^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^

Love Carmela x

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Audrey - CONGRATULATIONS what fab news.  ^congrats^ BTW I SWEAR by those Zita West vits - I'm sure they helped me have such an 'easy' and healthy pregnancy.

Tiggy - congrats on the twins - wonderful!  ^congrats^ ^bundle^ ^bundle^

GM - LOADS & LOADS OF LUCK for tomorrow  ^goodluck^ ^reiki^

Van - hope your head is feeling better after the 'Chinese hangover' - I ask them not to add MSG (they usually add it at the end, like salt) and get a much better result!

Nikki - great news on the stimms - good luck  ^reiki^

Crystal - good luck for fertilisation, and congrats on 10 lovely eggies. 8 on the go is FAB!  ^afro^

Lou - Good luck!  ^reiki^

Aless & Beachbabe - thinking of you.  :-*

Maureen - hope your day improves. Yuck to that bloke on the train - eergh!  :mad:

I just had some FAB news, my best friend called and told me she is pregnant (after just 6 months or so of trying), I am sooo pleased for her, and they are soo excited (and grateful after what we went through). She only found out this morning, so I am crossing everything for her.  ^reiki^

I noticed a few of you mentioning about DH's coming out of the 'sample' room - on the day of our 1st scan, DH & I were sitting outside there and a fella came out, DH told all the girls there they should cheer and that he had got a cheer when he did it (he was lying), I dare one of you to do it! Also, at our previous clinic, I bumped into our highly embarrassed next door neighbour coming out of the room for the same thing! He was mortified! (we didn't know they were going through tx, so it was a shock for us both!) We laughed later though!  ^roflmao^

All OK here, we got the girls christened on Saturday (just a small ceremony) and we had to take them back yesterday for communion, so we spent the weekend back and forth from Chiswick! Am now busy getting ready to move, I've even packed 5 boxes of baby stuff (one of them full of stuff that's already too small!) We have packers coming, but I wanted to do a few bits myself so I know where things are.

Well, must be going, as it's almost time for them to suck me dry again! I'd better prepare my breastfeeding 'station'!! It's lovely, 'cos I can spend 45 minutes staring at their gorgeous faces.  ;D

Love to everyone

Jane
XX ^congrats^

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Girls

What a lovely ^sunny^ day - shame I'm at work!

Van ~ I did see a few follicles on both ovaries yesterday, but Mr T said they're all really small, so not a problem. I think he was more concerned with my lining as it wasn't as thin as it could be.  He said he just wants to be doubly sure that everything is OK this cycle - he doesn't want to take any risks - so I have to trust him now.  Glad the first course session went well.

GM ~ I'll be at the blood clinic for about 8.30am tomorrow - hopefully I'll see you there, but if I don't tons of luck for test day  ^reiki^

Soulcyster ~ Good luck for your appointment tomorrow ^goodluck^

Crystal ~ Brilliant news on the fertilisation front.  I'm so glad all of your eggs were mature ones - see, all that waiting was so worthwhile.

Laylar ~ Don't worry about it if you don't get a surge - I've never been able to detect one.  Mr T has always confirmed I've ovulated from scans and progesterone level checks.

Audrey ~ Good Luck for your blood results today ^goodluck^

Maureen ~ I can't sleep when our dog sleeps in our bedroom.  DH always lets him into our room and then I get woken up by either DH snoring, or Jasper having bad dreams.  Nothing worse than broken sleep - don't know about you but I turn so moody when I'm tired  ^bigbad^

Carmela ~ How are you doing honey?

Georgia ~ Your holiday will be here in no time - I'm so jealous!  Any more good buys over the weekend?

Alli ~ Hope your hysteroscopy went well today and that you had some reassuring news today.

Aless & Beachbabe ~  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ to you!

Jane ~ You'll have to post some piccies of the girls Christening Day.  We're hoping to move this Friday, but we still haven't exchanged yet.  You're doing so well with keeping up the breastfeeding.

I really don't want to be at work today.  I just can't get into the swing of things.  I think it's 'cos I was kind of getting used to going up to London each day and I've got a day off from it today - am I weird?!  In my normal worrying nature, I'm getting paranoid about this treatment cycle - I know it's the same for everyone and I know I've got to stay focussed.  My boss at work bought me in an orange toy flower to look at when any negative thoughts come into my head - it's draped over my PC at work, so hopefully will bring me lots of luck.

Hi to anyone I haven't mentioned - catch up soon.

Take Care
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Just a quickie...

Excellent news Crystal, what an excellent lot of eggs you had, and 8 on the go! BRILLIANT! Come on eggies, divide up!  ^afro^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^

Lou - Hoping you do brilliantly too...will be looking out for your news later.

Janis - That is SOOOO cruel! My poor hubby would die of embarrassment if the girls outside cheered! I would quite possibly die of laughter though!  ^roflmao^

GM - Hope you're not pulling your hair out, not long to go now  ^reiki^

Right, back to work...
Speak soon
Kate

·
Registered
828 Posts
Audrey & DH congratulations.  I am so pleased for you.  You seemed to do everything right this cycle so you will have to give us all tips for our next go! 

Nikki – great news you are finally stimming.  Hope you get a move date soon.  Your boss sounds really sweet!   

Crystal – 8 going forward is fab, I am sure that will mean you can wait until Friday. Your nurse experience sounds awful.  I went to the loo just before they called and I don’t see why it is a problem, there is no specification on having a full bladder.  Especially as when you are nervous and waiting to be sedated the last thing you want to be thinking about is the fact you want to go to the loo + it is hours until you wake up and want to get out of bed.  Looking forward to having a luxury biscuit courtesy of you and your BFP when I am in next time!

Lou – good luck today.  Hope you got lots of lovely eggies.

Tiggy, hope your first day back is not as bad as you hoped.

Soulcyster, hope your appointment went well.

GM, no wonder you are going mad if you haven’t been able to go out.  Hopefully the weather will be nice and you can send DH to the garden centre for a sun lounger to pass the final few days of the dreaded 2WW.  Although I just read Moni’s point about no sunbathing.  Why is that?  Is it because you look like you have gone to sleep on newspaper like I did (hormones) or is there a more serious reason?

Beachbabe, hang in there.  Don’t think any of it means anything.  If it did it would make things easier!

Moni, your topless story made me laugh.  My sister is a teacher too and it is funny to hear things from the other side.  I remember thinking all my teachers were ancient when I was at school yet now I think that teachers seem really young! 

Sabina, I really feel for you, your nightmare has gone on for ever.  Hope you get the go ahead to go back to normal soon and can have a great holiday.  Have you thought anymore about selling your flat with 100 stairs!?

Missy London – I have to confess I have been watching bits of Celebrity Love Island.  I don’t understand why Rebecca or Paul are still on the island.  I agree that he is so sleazy!  He was at a friends wedding I went to a few years back and he made a complete cxxk of himself there too!  I assumed it was cos he was young and fame had gone to his head but he is now not famous and older so he can’t really use that excuse! 

Trying, glad you are feeling a bit better, I am sure you are the only one that can tell you have been crying.  Treat yourself to a facial and a St Tropez so that you feel more like yourself. 

Croc, Monday is always a bad day but yours sounds particularly bad.  I am in the same boat, did not manage to make it on over the weekend so have probably missed some people!

Carmela, hope you are well.

Kate, I was told it was fine to Downreg on holiday but you need to be back for your scan on day 5 of your cycle.

On the subject of the sample, I know performing under pressure is a chore for men but I’m sorry, lying there with various instruments up you for ½ hour for ET is significantly more embarrassing!!! 

Jane, good to hear from you.  Glad you are loving feeding time.  Hope your move goes well.

Joanna, hope you enjoyed the day with DH.

Unfortunately the ovaries have not produced yet.  So I now need ovulation to be at least a week late so that I will get back from my hols in time for day 1/2/3.  Alternatively I will see if I can find out if there is a way to get the tests done in France.  Anyone have any idea how I would find out how to go about it?  I don’t want to wait another whole month to start if I can help it.

Hi to everyone else.xxx

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Lol - I am in exactly the same position as you! Why does it all have to be so difficult!

Part of me fancies cancelling my holiday, but I know DH really needs the break. I think my AF is going to show up in a couple of days, and I am praying that I have a really late ovulation so that I am back from hols in time for a mid-cycle scan. If not, going to have to wait a whole month - or longer, as I can go 8 weeks in between periods.  :(

I too was thinking about having a scan in Spain but really not sure if this is possible, doubt it - maybe ARGC could advise you?

Kate x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Really quick as very uncomfortable and very bloated.

Got 15 eggs which I am pleased with we are doing 10 IVF and 5 ICSI. Off to lie on sofa now to watch Finding Nemo....again...... :) Sedation was lush.

Back later, just quickly well done Crystal I gave your embies a little wave when I was downstairs  :-*

xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Girls

Lou ~ Fantastic news - 15 eggs - well done honey  ;) 

Lol ~ I had the same dilemma about AF arriving / not arriving, decided in the end that whatever happened was meant to be.  In the end it arrived far later than my break away, so it all worked out in the end.  I hope it does for you too sweetie.  How long now til your holiday?

Kate ~ Hope, like with Lol, your AF stays away while you're on holiday.

Catch up later
Bye for now
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Great news Lou, now sending your 15 eggs strong fertilisation vibes! ^reiki^

Nikki, good luck with stimming! ^goodluck^

·
Registered
586 Posts
Lou - great news well done. Am sending lots of  ^reiki^ for fertilisation.

Crystal - well done on the 8, a great amount. Good luck for the call tomorrow.

Nikki - I have to get there for 8am as my sister is going into work late and I don't want to make her later. Good luck if I miss you.

Jane - glad you are ok. You made me smile when you said you could look at their faces for 45 mins, how lovely.

Lol - ZW says no sun, nothing warm at all eg, saunas, baths. Don't know the reason, I just do as she says. Yes I am going mad. Feel like blowing caution to the wind and running round with the hoover as I am just sat here and normally I never sit still. I am sending you a little dance for ovarian activity  ^dancing spot^ ^clapping^ ^Exercise!2^ ^Exercise!2^ hope that works.

Kate - thanks but I am pulling my hair out.

Carmela - thank you.

Croc - what a yuk start to the week, how disgusting.

Well I can't bring myslef to phone the clinic to say I am coming tomorrow, I don't know why we have to mind you, we have the form and have paid for it. I feel as if af will arrive any minute and save me the journey. To add even more annoyance to my day I got in the post this morning a summons to do Jury Service in my summer hols. I am well ****** off I can tell you. Am going to try to get out of it on the grounds of IVF very stressful need a hol.

Love to you all
GM xx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
GM- AF is NOT coming! The times I have heard girls say that ::) ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ I managed to get out of Jury Service last year, after I lost the plot. My GP wrote and said I was not capable of making serious decisions ;D ;D crikey was I really that bad!!! Tell them you are emotionally unstable and they should let you off.
Now postive thoughts please........ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good luck for tomorrow GM ^goodluck^

Lou, I was in Worthing Hospital last week for my booking in and I said there'd be some more ARGC girls along soon as there are a few of us locally...fingers crossed I'm right!

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
^reiki^ ^reiki^ GM Good Luck for PT Tomorrow ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Will be thinking of you tomorrow
Audrey
xx

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi girls

Just a quickie to say well done to Lou!  

GM, AF will not come it just feels like it cos of the progesterone.  I think the reason you need to ring is that they may chase it up quicker to save some minutes of the agony.  Good luck tomorrow.... ^reiki^

Nikki, I think leaving it to fate is a good plan.  I wish I could just  ^bigbad^ myself over the head and stop trying to be in control of the uncontrollable!  

Kate, I don't think you would be able to get a scan done overseas as the ARGC need to look at it.  Hopefully you will be fine.  Chances are if you have long cycles you can have the mid-cycle scan when you come back as I think the dates on that are a bit flexible.

Hi to everyone else.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hiya

Lou - fantastic, I was in the bed next to you and overheard the nurse tell you so was very chuffed for you! Hope you get lots of embiesl!!  ^reiki^

Nikki - glad you have started stimms. Good luck!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

My hysteroscopy was fine and as Lou said sedation was great, but not great news out of it. Still a bit shaken up and at the moment feeling very numb. I definitely have a bi-corniate uterus (I basically have two cavities) and so things are a little more complicated. I can start stimming today and I will but am actually really confused cos Mr T did not really give me answers to my questions and i get the impression he has not come across this condition much.  :'( He said he could try and get me pregnant, I don't think that is the problem (well in the cheme of things anyway!), but when I asked him what the risks were and whether they are worth taking his answer was that we'll have to deal with that later. So feeling a little down and really don't know what I'm going to do. We are going to give it a go and just take it step by step, and just try and get as much info as possible. If there's anyone you know with the condition I'd really appreciate the feedback.

Aside from that my stupid rash still hasn't fully gone and I woke up really itchy last night and had to get up and put lotion on! I told my DH that maybe that was a sign of things going wrong.  :'(

Sorry girls for the me post, still feeling a little groggy and extremely confused.

Love Alli xx

·
Registered
791 Posts
evening girls

alli - hope you are feeling a bit better now.  i have heard of this condition and women do get pregnant with it. thinking of you.

gm - wishing you masses of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your test tomorrow.  pls don't be convinced that it hasn't worked yet.  as someone else mentioned the progesterone gives af symptoms.

cyrstal - what a great fertilzation rate!!!  well done

lou - super for you too with your 15 eggs - wishing both of you lots of dividing vibes

lol - are you going through a monitored cycle now???  thank you for thinking of me.  i feel ok emotionally, just don't understand the tiredness.

2ww girls - sending you plent of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ thoughts.

audrey - hope your hcg levels are doubling nicely!!!

have any of you girls been following the referendum in italy (re art issues)???  the turn out for the referendum was around 30% which makes the referendum invalid as a quorum of 50% was required - v sad for all the families in italy requiring icsi/donor.  i wonder why there is such a difference in attitude between italy and spain (which seems v liberal regarding donor eggs etc)?? love to hear your views.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi Girls,

GM - I've sent you an IM but i will be sleeping all night with my fingers and toes crossed for you and DH x

Audrey - hope everything going well - it's sooo exciting!  I find the new vits better - less yellow! Great news that Jane said they made her feel great - i have honestly felt great since taking the other ones and my hair and nails grow really quickly!!! 

Nikki - i know what you mean - i find it reassuring going to the clinic at any stage! Good luck with the exchange/completion - what a lot you've got going on - IVF and worrying about your move. thinking of you

Crystal - great news on fertilisation  :)

Lou - 15 eggs - fab - rest up now ready for ET - glad you enjoyed the sedation  ;D

Maureen - poor you - what a Monday - i hope your day got better - i like dogs too but can't stand it when they clean their bits!!  Glad you're enjoying CLI - they keep saying noone is watching it - rubbbish!!

Carmela - that nurse does always look really sad - poor thing. I hope you are doing well and your bump is growing - i can't fit in my clothes already - it has to be the fact that i am eating more than my DP! Have to buy some clothes tomorrow one size up!

Jane - thank you!!! I will be asking both you and Carmela lots of questions!!!  Your feeding sounds like bliss! They sound like angels! Are they in a moses basket each?

Lol - i really hope your timing is all right - it's such a nightmare having to wait but a holiday will be lovely. Thank you - work was fine! I would have rather been at home, but it was ok!

Ruth - hello - hope you are well

Alli - poor you - i hope you feel less groggy and more yourself. sorry, i don't know anything about it - but great that sabina knows and said women do get pregnant. sending you a big hug ^hugme^ and doing this to your rash to make it go away ^NahNah^ x

Sabina - any more holiday news - when are you off? sooo exciting!

Munnsy - hope you are ok hon - you are sounding so strong

Work was ok - i did lie low but managed to mutter 'i was just away' when anyone asked where i was.. ! I am in bed now - tired and feeling a bit sick for the first time really!

Love and luck to you all x

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.