Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Morning everyone

Lou and Adam - lots of luck for a BFP to you both. Adam as long as you are doing your duty and waiting on Lou hand and foot then its probably OK to enjoy the injections a tiny bit.

Beachbabe - I had to increase my progesterone from 2 to 3 pessaries a day - which completely bunged me up (sorry tmi) but it did the trick and I managed to avoid the injections.

Our ARGC list looks so good with all the BFPs on it - I'm sure there are many more to come this summer. They say that iVF is more successful in the Summer - not sure why.

Claire - how are you have you started your cycle yet??

To the lady whos just had 14 eggs collected (my brains the size of a pea today and I've forgotten your name - please forgive me) thats an excellent number - the bloated feeling lasts a few days so don't worry. Good luck for fertilisation.

Had a crappy night my on call room was like a sauna and some b****d was slamming his door all night. But i'm more than half way through now so I'll stop being so miserable soon.

have lovely day

love

Marly

·
Registered
712 Posts
congratulations Beachbabe and DH - fantastic news - don't worry, you will be tested every 2 days, then every 3 then maybe every 4 and then you will get a scan date - repeat HCG testing lasts for about 2 weeks. I think most people are told to up their cyclogest - i was told to start on Gestone (injectable) as my progesterone was low - i'm pleased i did as that's one less worry  ;D

Mr T REALLY IS ON A ROLL!!!

Have a great day x

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hi girls

Well you can tell its a scorcher out there cos not too much posting going on!  :) It is sooooo hot that I feel really tired and lethargic and Rosie feels the same way, she keeps moving around the house to find the coolest spot, fave one at the moment is inside the fireplace!

Beachbabe - congrats!!!  ^BFP^ Mr T is definitely on a roll!

Lou and Adam - great news about your embies, really chuffed for you and good luck for the  ^2ww^!!

Crystal  - well done too and best of luck for your 2WW.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lynn - well done on your eggies. Hope you get lots of embies!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Aless - sorry to hear about your BFN. I'm very impressed at your determination though and I'm sure you will get there.  ^hugme^

Georgia - your story of your mishap definitely makes me reminisce! I once fell flat on my face right in front of a pub when I tripped. Was very painful but most of all embarrassing! Also a few months ago walked straight into the door of Dorothy Perkins and got a nose bleed!! Was a very cheap shopping trip though!  ;D

Nikki - it was lovely meeting you, hope you had a nice day with your DH in London and that you get to trigger!!!

Hope everyone else has had a brill weekend in the lovely but scorching  ^sunny^

I'm feeling ok just very tired but I think its the heat, what I would give for a dip in a pool somewhere! Had my scan yesterday and could see quite a lot of follies developing so that was good. Got my call today and was told only bloods tomorrow but to go and pick up my trigger injection?? I guess you pick it up quite a few days before right?

My MIL is coming over tomorrow to keep me company for a few days, she's really nice and supportive so will be good, she even wants to come with me to London in the mornings.

By the way Daniel Elliott was fab, thanks for recommending him. Definitely better than ZW I thought, seemed to know more what he was doing and much cheaper too!!

Take care!

Love Alli xx

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi girls

Just a quick post to say congrats to Beachbabe and DH, you must be over the moon!!!

Also, well done Lou!!!

Crystal, hope you are feeling positive.

I am knackered as had a wedding last night and danced my poor feet off (I don't normally do much exercise ;D  ) Have been barbequeing for lots of family today so am going to flop in front of the TV now.  Only a few hours to go for Jack Bauer (24) so I am very stressed.....

Hi to you all. Hope you are all OK.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi girls

boy - what a scorcher!!   ^sunny^  and we've had such a chaotic day ...with ds' birthday party  ^festival^ and then his cousins coming round to extend it a lot - I'm absolutely exhausted.

Beachbabe - brilliant news!!  I'm thrilled for you.   ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Joanna - I hope Honey is doing well and this heat isn't making her worse.

alli - great news on the follicles .... I think Mr T likes you to have the trigger so you are ready and waiting and it then makes one less thing for you to stress about!  

Lynn - great number of eggs  there!!!  I hope you get good fertilisation and division news!

Lou - rest rest rest and start chanting!!!  I hope you have somewhere nice and cool too for you.

Marly - you poor thing, what a nightmare to be on call during this wonderful weather.  I hope you get a decent night's sleep tonight, with no interruptions at all.

my mind is frazzled by the heat and screeching so I daren't do more personals for fear of mudlding everything up.

Love and hugs to all
Van
XX

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
hello

jsut a quick one as Adam has banished me to the sofa/bed. Howlong do I have to do this for?

Please help re the gestone inejctions, I was physically shaking tonight, they are barbaric. Does anyone have any tips?

Loev Lou xxx

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lou

I've read other posts from girls who've had gestone saying that if you freeze the area with frozen peas or something similar  before you inject it helps - hang in there honey.

Marly

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Lou I found that spraying the area with PR spray (blue can in Boots or any chemist) works a bloody treat you can not feel diddly squat babe.Now you've had that info now back to the sofa  ;D
Hope everything is going ok hon

Love Georgia
xxx

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi Girls!

WOW! What a scorcher! (Thought that I would do a tabloid style headline, 'cos haven't seen one yet... :) )

Haven't been online this weekend - the weather has just been too good to sit indoors!

So I have been trying to catch up with you all!!

Aless - I am so sorry that you got a  ^BFN^ but it will happen for you! Sending you  ^Cuddle^. I have heard that you are more fertile after an IVF cycle, so maybe there will be a positive spin-off effect for you. Here's hoping!

Beachbabe - Huge congratulations!   ^congrats^ Please don't worry about your levels, when I conceived my DD it was only a measly 48!!  I was also on 2 x 400mg of "botty bombs" - not nice!

Georgia - I am so accident prone, you would not believe it! We had a BBQ a few weeks ago and after a couple of glasses of wine,  I felt a bit "tipsy" and walked straight into our patio doors in front of all our friends! Ouch! How embarrassing!

Well, I telephoned the ARGC on Friday to book my hysteroscopy and left a message for Jenny to call me back, but she didn't call! ^furios^ so  I will have to try her again tomorrow, although I am working so I will have to try to sneak off somewhere with my mobly and make the call..

Love and luck to all who I haven't mentioned.

Anyway, enjoy the weather while it lasts ;D

Love
Jules

·
Registered
586 Posts
Lou - yes the injections are not nice. I use peas and freeze my butt well. Good luck with them.

GM xx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi I am thinking of going to ARGC and was wondering if anyone had any advice or comments good and bad about treament there. Also are any of you travelling a large distance to get there? Are there any sattelite clinics?
Hope i will be able to join you soon
Thanks x

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Morning Girls,

Aless - Hope your weekend was ok  ^hugme^

Ms Minerva - ARGC are just so busy at the moment so hopefully Jenny will call you back soon

Lou - Hope you are resting and relaxing  ^2ww^ ^reiki^

Van - Hope your son had a lovely birthday party, sounds like a great day

Joanna - How is Honey ?

Lol - Hope you have recovered from the wedding and “24”  ;D

Missy - Hope AF hasn’t started at wrong time . Good Luck with your presentation(?) at work this morning

Alli - Great news on the follies. We got our trigger injection 4 days before triggering - they just like to make sure you are prepared. Enjoy your day with your MIL  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tiggy - Hope you are resting and feeling better

Marly - Sorry you had to work on call over the weekend, hope you get time off to recover ane enjoy the weather

Lynn Jane - Congratulations on your 14 eggies - that’s great ! Hope you are relaxing now  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Crystal - hope you are feeling better. Our embryos were very slow in developing and I got a BFP so don’t worry - just make sure you relax and stay as positive as possible

Nikki - you must be triggering soon. Don’t worry I am sure it will all go fine this time  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Georgia - Not long till hols now - I bet you are in holiday spirit already  ^holiday^

Croc - Hope you had a great weekend with DH

beach babe -  Bet you are still smiling  :)

Camilla - how things going?

Rowing beau - welcome to the thread ! I live quite close to ARGC so I am not the best person to advise on the travelling but what I can say is that Mr T is really the best - he is a perfectionist ( I just got a BFP ). During stimms you have to travel up to the clinic every day and sometimes twice a day ( towards the end ) for scans and bloods. I know there are other girls travelling in from long distances so I am sure they will be in a better place to advise. Good Luck

Well girls, another day another HCG test !!  Can’t wait to get the scan … I don't think you ever stop worrying ..

Catch Up later
Take Care
Audrey

·
Registered
791 Posts
good morning girls

phew - did anyone sleep last night?

beachbabe - huge congratulations on your bfp - really fab news.  wishing you lots of good doubling hcg levels!!!!

hi & welcome rowingbeau- to answer your queries v briefly:  upside: treatment is tailored to the individual.  one of the few clinics that does immune testing. v nice staff.  amazing success rates with under 35 year olds.  downside: it involves quite a bit of time investment with daily and twice daily blood tests during stim phase esp difficult for someone who lives far away.   it is expensive.  unfortunately there are no argc satellite clinics. it can seem rather too busy (victim of its own success)

good luck lou and crystal for 2ww.  hope you are being fanned by attentive husbands.  stay  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

lol - dh is addicted to 24.  we have to wait until the 4th series dvd is out, because we have to watch 4 episodes in a sitting as watching it by weekly programme would be like slow torture!!!! however  i decided i couldn't view 24 during 2ww because it made my heart beat so much, thought it might frighten the embies too much for implantation!!!!

this weekend i went to the country and stayed with a friend whose labrador had 9 gorgeous little 1 week old puppies (all golden). they hadn't opened their eyes yet but were so robust and sturdy with perfectly formed whiskers and ears and paws.  new life is so beautiful in whatever form it comes!!!

have a fab day!

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Always miss out someone !

Paranoid - sorry missed you out of my message. Good Luck with your immune blood tests. I will also be at the clinic at the same time so I will look out for you!

Ruth - hope you are ok !

Sabina - Neither DH, Me or our dogs slept very much at all. Far too hot - I prefer the temperature when it is about 10 degrees cooler. Aren't puppies just gorgeous - I bet they are just so small and perfect !

Audrey

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hello everyone

Wow what a lovely weekend.. :)

Beachbabe great to see your news congrats to you and you DH ^congrats^

And Crystal and Lou well done for ET, Crystal I am sure your embies start
Dividing at great speed now they are back where they below so try not
To worry sending you both some positive vibes

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Georgia – sorry to hear about your fall, I did the same thing about 15 years ago and smashed my ankle against the curb, manage to limp all the way home from London and when I got home my lodgers face lit up cos she was doing a first aid course and I was her first real casualty!!!  :mad:

I remember phoning my mum and crying on the phone to her and she sent
My dad round to pick me up so she could wait on me and give me the sympathy she knew I needed…

I am always falling over and I’m sure a lot of people have had a laugh at my painful expense  :-\
Hope you’re feeling better ^afro^

Joanna hope Honey is on the mend ^afro^

Nikki you must be triggering soon, have everything crossed for you this time ^afro^

Hi to everyone else…………….. ^wave^

Last night was a bit sticky wasn’t it? We have a ceiling fan in our bedroom DH fitted about two years ago and it is an absolute god send……anyway

DH picked me up from the station on Friday and told me he had changed his mind and was gonna open the stall, I felt really miserable when he dropped me at the hairdressers, as I said to him, I felt as if he had opened this little window and let me peak in and then closed it on me…(yes I know that was dramatic  ;D but I can be a drama queen when the mood takes me) ….anyway turns out he was only winding me up…cos when he picked me up from the hairdressers and took me home found he had gone to sainsburys and bought loads of bbq stuff, so we had a whole weekend of sleeping in and bbq’s and lazing about sunbathing and it was absolutely lovely….. 8)

Also my boss told me Friday that he has approved my request to work 4 days a week, so as long as HR go along with it (I will find out Wednesday but you never know with our HR…) I will be able to have Monday’s off so it means me and DH will be able to spend more time together ^pompom^  ^Exercise!2^

So I am a very happy bunny today
^bunny^

have a good one everyone

maureen ^sunny^

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sabina

I didn't post my photos just the link to look at them, here it is if you fancy a laugh or want to recognise me in the waiting room at the ARGC, where are yours??

http://asrphoto.silkstream.net/view.php#
the id number is 1017 and password is mat

Maureen

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi girls,
        Sorry not posted for a few days......just couldn`t get myself together after losing the baby..........but back to form now and can`t wait to try again!
Apparently my NK cells had really shot up again to 17.2 (does anyone know just how bad that is?)and of course the pegnancy didn`t progress.
I want to inform any girls who have the same problems as we have that they should make sure they ask Mr t about IVIG before ET,if I had had it then we would have been ok,unfortunately we didn`t know about it.
Good luck to everyone and heres to a great summer with lots of BFPs!!!!!!!!
Lots of love Munnsy XXX

·
Registered
61 Posts
Phew, at least the rain has cooled it down a bit so I can face my office again.

Layla, from memory the immune tests were about £350 and it takes about 2 weeks to get the results as they send the blood to Chicago. Worth doing, though, as so many of us seem to have raised counts.

Alli - I picked up my trigger injection last Wednesday morning. I then had repeat bloods on the Wednesday and Thursday and triggered Thursday night (if I remember correctly). EC was on Saturday morning. I felt really tired towards the end of stimms too and had a bloated, swollen tummy (which still hasn't gone down!)

Rowingbeau - everyone on here thinks ARGC is the place to go, and the statistics say it for themselves. It is quite stressful as everything is last minute as they monitor you step by step. Even things like collecting drugs can be a hassle as they only give you enough for about 2 days, but you've got to wait for half an house just to pick them up each time as they're so busy. Saying that, the treatment is tailored to the individual and you feel in the best hands. Mr T is lovely and fills you with confidence. Good luck.

The embryologist called this morning. 11 eggs have fertilised, 4 at 2 cell stage and the rest at 4 cells so fingers crossed for thursday ET. She mentioned that Mr T is on his own this week so anyone going for scans etc may have a bit longer wait than usual so take lots of £1s for those parking meters.

Have a great day.

Lynn

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.