Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Morning Ladies

Thought I'd get on quick before DH packs up the PC. Hopefully he'll keep it all set up until tonight, but just in case it's all packed away when I get back, just wanted to do a few personals....

Joanna ~ Good luck for your levels today honey.

Alli ~ Looking forward to hearing some fab fertilisation news.

Crystal & Lou ~ Wishing you all the luck in the world for your big day tomorrow ^reiki^ I will be thinking of you both.

Audrey ~ Hope you get that scan soon.

GM ~ You're doing fab sweetie - not long until you have your scan too.

Beachbabe ~ Thinking of you sweetie - hope you're taking it easy.

Tiggy ~ Hope the IVIG went well yesterday.

To all the other 2ww girls, Lynnjane, Laylar, Chinup & Sue (hope I haven't missed anyone - apologies if I have) - remember the 2ww chant ladies :-
"My embryos are growing and are safe and happy in my warm, safe, well nourished womb"

Lots of love to all of the other ARGC girls I haven't mentioned by name.

I'm leaving to catch the train to London in a mo, feel a bit more positive today. I think I've just got to go with what Mr T has in store for me - he knows what he's doing.

If I don't get to catch up until after my ET, I'll text Joanna or Ruth so they can let you know how it all went.

Take Care everyone
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
100 Posts
Crystal- honey,  i know it is easy to say but please stay philosophical- anything is possible, as you never can tell.  the waiting is unbearable and nothing anyone can say can make it better for you today - the last day.  having no symptons is no idicator as i now know and as others have said there have been many bf'p's with lesser developed embies.  hang in there. thoughts and prayers are with you!

Niki- having ivig is a good thing, my nk levels were sky high apparently a big stumbling block to getting pregnant.  Mr t kows exactly what he is doing and it wont be too late when you get the results for ivig .  he may put you on steroids after et prior to ivig.  fingers x'd for you.

Good luck alli and gm.

get lots of rest sue- bed rest for 3 days according to zita!

anyway here i am and in total disbeief and shock from yesterday.  spent the whole morning on verge of tears and preparing for the worst having had no real syptonms during 2ww.  then go the news that i had a bfp- 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  still worried still as progeserone levels are low, so today i go back for repeat preg test and prog levels and to see how my nk cells are- maybe another ivig on tues.  dh away so told him over the phone. couldnt sleep at all last night.  must try to stay calm now- long way to go esp since having a  miscarriage at 10 weeks before, but i never ever expected to be writing this today.  am in tears and still very emotional.  thank you all for postive thoghts and kind words along the way. i cant tell you how much knowing about htis message board has helped me cope.

Well, sorry to all those i havent mentioned, got to get a wriggel on in to london so will log on later.

love to you all
Abbey

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Abbey - congratulations on your BFP !! Fantastic News. Make sure you rest up now.

^congrats^ ^pompom^  ^congrats^ ^pompom^  ^congrats^ ^pompom^ ^congrats^

Take Care
Audrey

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi girls,

Abbey - congratulations - you must be over the moon and DP must have been so excited to receive that phone call - good luck today in London

Nikki - don't worry - i was given my steroids and heparin etc on day of transfer and lots of girls have IVIG either on day of transfer or a few days later - yesterday there was a girl who had IVIG on day 7 of transfer so everyone's different - Mr T will look after you x

Alli - sorry, i didn't know which one was you - i was sat on the chair having IVIG - yes, it was really busy! 11 eggs is great - i hope your fertilisation rate is fab

Audrey - how was your scan??? I really hope it went well - please give us some news!

Carmela - how lovely that you've got a ticker - i know how you feel though, i am not getting one for a while - too scared - but 24 weeks is brilliant - i hope you are feeling more relaxed.

Joanna - hello - only 1 week left of filming - perfect - and great that you can get bloods done today - i really hope your FSH levels are behaving. Soo pleased Honey is better - what a relief.  Thinking of you

2ww girls - wishing you all the luck in the world.

I had IVIG yesterday - it went fine and Mr T said i didn't need a scan so i am taking that as a good sign. i have another scan and NK follow up on Wed 6 July.  I had a splitting headache last night - it happened last time and then woke up at 3 and drank 2 litres of water on and off until about 5ish - must have been really dehydrated. i feel a bit better now but still got a bad head - does anyone else ever get like that?

Sorry i haven't said hello to everyone - i will pop back later, i need to go back to sleep!

Lots of love, Tiggy x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Abbey huge congratulations to you, you must be over the moon and what fab levels!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Crystal- Im thinking of you hun, I know you can do it. Senidng huge hugs to you this morning xxxxxxxxx

GM- thanks for last night  :-*

Love to everyone

Lou xxxx

P.S Nikki hope all goes well this morning, pleased you are feeling less worried  :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi everyone

Just a quickie

Just wanted to say congrats to Abbey and DP and wishing you a very happy healthy nine months
^fairydust^ ^congrats^
Nikki great news on embies I am sure you are going to have some lovely blasts and hopefully some to freeze ^reiki^ ^afro^
Good luck for ET you sooooooooooo deserve this one ^goodluck^

Joanna – Really rooting for you and your FSH levels, hoping you are going to lead the way and start a positive
Thread for mine next week.   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Daniel vs Zita West, I really can’t comment on that. As I know very little about Zita West, I do know a lot of people swear by her and I think if you have trust in someone that’s half the battle.  I think Daniel is great and just like Mr T this is a bit of a vocation for him, not just a job.  I love my sessions with him and always feel so calm and relaxed after and because of the little twinges and feelings in my ‘never regions’ during and after each session I know something is going on.  Whether I get a BFP or not I am sure he is making me much more healthier gynea wise.

Lou/Crystal and all the others on 2ww I so sympathise with your up and down moods, this is the worst bit cos you know a potential baby or babies got put back and you analyse every twinge and you totally convince yourself it hasn’t worked and you try to prepare yourself for the worst and then you have days where you are positive and allow yourself the dreams of ‘what if….’ And so on.  I really hope the time goes quickly for all of you and there is a BFP at the end of it. Inbetween time go out and lay in the sunshine and soak up the positive rays from the sun and tell yourselves you are in the very best of hands and you have given yourselves the very best chance….IT WILL WORK ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Georgia – this is too late I know but wanted to wish you the best time on your hols and I loved your last post with all those different smileys you flash c*w
8)
Van – There was a book review in the mail on Friday about a book written by a woman who has adopted two little Chinese girls.  It really tugged at my heart strings and I took it home to show Tony.  The book covers a lot of about adopting from China both the practical things and the emotional side and is spose to be very good.

Carmella, Marly, Emmi, Audrey, GM, Tiggy, Beachbabe and all our other mums to be (god there are so many of you now) hope you are taking it easy ^afro^

And to everyone else hello and have a good week
^hello^ ^sunny^
My last Monday at work yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^festival^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^shake^

I’ll pop back later

Maureen

·
Registered
791 Posts
morning girls

huge congratulations to abbey on your bfp. i must admit i was on tenterhooks waiting for this one.  we all get so involved. it is fab news indeed :)

croc - am so pleased for you.  there is something so dispiriting about slogging away in a job just for the money.  i think what you did was fab, in that you took control of the situation and tailored it to suit your needs (have i been reading too many of those 'self empowerment' books??!!!).

nikki - if you manage to see a pc today and log on - wishing you a smooth ivig and et.  i am so excited for you as think this is definitely the one!!!!!!!!

tiggy - think the headaches may be from ivig.  believe it or not, it can be dehydrating and on the american immunology yahoo support group they advocate drinking a huge amount of water before hand to prevent the headaches.  well done though.  it is so exciting.  bet you can't wait for the next scan.  may i ask something impertinent?  did you have a thin womb lining?  i can't remember whether you were on hrt?  i have 3 frosties and am wondering whether to use them rather than fresh, but dread to, as see them as my last resort.  my ultimate project was to use a surrogate with them.

good luck 2ww girls.  lou & crystal not long until testing tomorrow.  really sending you all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes for great big fat bfps!!!!!!!!!

alli - wishing you embryo dividing vibes  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ - good luck for your call today.

carmela - it is going to be another hot day, so hope you have your feet up.

i am v excited because my 47 year old friend is booked in for her caesarian tomorrow morning.  the baby is apparently around 9lb now (large for first child). 

have a fab day!!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
hi sabina - thanks for the info re drinking water BEFOREHAND - i wish the ARGC had suggested that as obviously drinking afterwards does nothing - still feel awfulll. Yes, really looking forward to next scan as i didn't realise we'd get another one - meant to be  going on holiday the week after (will be 11 wks and 1 day) so hoping that will be possible - i may have to come back early for NK testing or IVIG but that would be no problem.

I didn't have any problems with my lining, but i did have low progesterone so I was unable to go for a natural FET cycle - that's why I was put on a medicated cycle - I sniffed to downregulate and then was on HRT and still am - i'm also still on gestone to keep up progesterone levels - i am sture that it thickens the lining at the same time.  Would you consider trying a frozen cycle and then if ever that doesn't work (I am sure it will work though) do a fresh cycle? My friend also got pregnant on a frozen cycle so I am a fan of frozen! Also, it is a lot less stressful both physically and mentally and you feel so much more relaxed.  We had 3 frosties too and still have one left. Really good luck with your decision - have you had your follow up yet - sorry i am mixed up and have a rubbish memory - is it in september? If so, they will help you make the best decision.

Love Tiggy x

·
Registered
791 Posts
hi tiggy - tx so much for your reply.
our followup is indeed in sept and you don't have a crap memory at all.
what i am really worried about my age and how many times argc will let me do tx (ie they might not let me do fresh after frozen).  however as you say, frozen cycle  is supposed to be less stressful on the immune system - so perhaps that is the answer. however there is still the anxiety about the defrosting process and whether any will survive that etcetc.  they were not argc embies and only 8 cell (not blasts) too. 

you are off to biarritz aren't you?  i have never been there, but hear the surf is terrific.  i really hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time and don't have to come back for any reason whatsoever.  we have spent all our recent holidays in europe so that we would be able to get back or cancel at the drop of a hat. 
i am really looking forward to going further afield.

thank you again tiggy ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sabina - when are you off on honeymoon? I bet you are soo excited, especially as you say you have stuck with Europe - travelling somewhere with a totally different culture always feels like a REAL holiday, total escapism - just what you and DH need. LOVELY.  I am sure that in September at your follow up, you will all come to the right decision together but it is lovely to know that you have got 3 frosties - i know there is always the defrosting worry but if they will let you do a fresh after the frozen, if ever they did not defrost (god forbid) you really have not gone through too much to get there if you see what I mean...  I know that you will make the right decision and i am hoping that this year is going to be YOUR year - a wedding and a BFP.

Yes, off to Biarritz - well Hossegor actually, 30 mins away - i used to live in Biarritz and work in Hossegor - it is fantastic and I MISS IT.  I worked for Billabong in their European headquarters - everyone surfs there - it's a cool lifestyle - a far cry from London - i used to go to the beach in my lunchbreak, now i work in the city - boo hoo!  We think we would like to move back one day...

Take care and I hope your honeymoon is all sorted and you are off soon, love Tiggy x

·
Registered
586 Posts
Abbey - absolutely fantastic news  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ Such good levels. Don't worry about the progesterone, they will sort it. Have you been on gestone? if not welcome to the lumpy butt club!!

Lou- thinking of you lots, it will be your turn tomorrow.

Crystal - hope you are feeling more positive today, again this will be you tomorrow.

Nikki - hope the tests went ok and remember he will look after you, don't worry.

Sabina - hi

Hello to everyone else. Off to write my geography reports now, well cut and paste them, I am losing the will here  :(

Love GM xx

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Fantastic news Abbey, congratulations! ^congrats^

Good luck Crystal & Lou for tomorrow - looking forward to seeing more BFPs!!!  ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

Nikki - go girl, you've got some good 'uns there! ^goodluck^

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hello Girls!

I've been away since Thursday, we went to sunny Norfolk for a long weekend with DH and DD - not really as glamourous as Biarritz  :)  but we had lovely weather and it made such a nice little break.

I have return to find that I have pages and pages to read to catch up with you all!

Abbey - many congratulations on your  ^BFP^

Crystal and Lou - sending you tons of positive vibes (couldn't find a smiley for that!)

Good luck to everyone - I do hope that I can catch up with you all!

Love
Jules

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Girls

PC is still not packed, with more memory as well so it's well whizzy!  My curfew is until about 9pm (ish), so I'm here for a bit longer  ;D

Abbey ~ Congrats on your ^BFP^ what brilliant news to start the week with.

Sabina ~ Glad your friend is having a ceasarian - ouch, 9lb of baby would hurt!

Tiggy ~ Hope your headache clears completely soon.  Last time I had IVIG I didn't have any side-effects really, a bit tired.  Julie mixed my IVIG with lots of fluids last time, so I think that helped.

Croc ~ Yay!  No more Mondays! ^banana^

GM ~ Don't envy you having to do your reports - hope you get them done soon.

Lou & Crystal ~  ^reiki^ still got everything crossed for tomorrow.

Jules ~ Glad you had a good break.

Had some good news again today, the 5 embies that were 5,6,7 & 8 yesterday are now starting to compact and are just blobs (which apparently is good).  The other 7 are still there & have progressed, but are still slow.  Don't know when ET is yet, we'll get a call in the morning as Mr T is mega busy tomorrow.  I can see me hanging around in that waiting room with a very full bladder!

Got home today and DH and the removals have packed up the whole house  ^eyes^  it looks so different.  Got to go out for dinner tonight (I'm not complaining!) then 1 more sleep and we'll have a new house.  My dog Jasper is at his grandads but my little lady cat Treacle (that's where I got the name!) doesn't know what's going on - little does she know that she'll be kept indoors for the next 3 weeks!

Anyway, I've got to go and clean the oven now - oh joy!

Catch up later
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hi girls

Abbey - fantastic news!!  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^congrats^

Nikki - your embies are on a roll hun! Good luck for ET and also with the house move! All very exciting!

Crystal and Lou  - good luck for tomorrow. Look forward to seeing more BFP's!!!

Tiggy  -I remember you sitting on the chair. I was the 4th ec of the day, I'm quite petite and was wearing a black t-shirt and green khaki trousers. Glad IVIG went well, looks like you were having a nice chat with another girl!

Hi to everyone else!

Well got some good news today, out of the 11 eggs 9 were viable for ICSI and 5 are apparently doing really well!!! We are so chuffed! The other 4 are apparently a bit slow but they said they may catch up. So its going to either be a day 3 or a day 5 transfer, either wednesday or friday.

I'm feeling ok but still have a few tummy pains especially on my right side so drinking lots and hopefully it will get better soon.

Anyway will keep you posted!

Love Alli xxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Ali, thats really good news hun, well done. And you Nikki sounds like both of your embies are doing well. Maybe they are keeping each other company and chatting like mine and Crystals were  :)

Well just bitten the bullet and phoned the argc to tell them we will be coming tomorrow, whats the betting af will arrive now. ^bigbad^

Im not good company today ^evil^

Love to everyone

Lou xxxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Abbey

Huge congratulations to you on your pregnancy. Im so pleased for you. Enjoy every moment!

Lots of love

Lou xxxx

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Lou

Just carry on chanting hun!! You will be fine, not long now to go and I'm sure you and DH will be on  ^cloud9^.

Good luck tomorrow, here's a little dance to keep AF well away!  ^NahNah^ ^snarl^ ^smash^ ^bigbad^

Take care!

Love Alli xx

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi

Went to the party looking like I'd been attacked by a wolf  ;D
Had more than my usual 2 glasses of wine, generally enjoyed myself and did very well with all the "so how many children have you got" questions from old school friends that I hadn't seen for years
Had a bit of a scare today though. My parents have just got back from a cruise around the Norwegian Fjords but my Dad collapsed over breakfast on the last morning. He was seen by the doctor on the ship and had to come of in a wheelchair anyway has been to his doctor today and it turns out he has vertigo! So horrid, but not life threatening

^clapping^  ^clapping^    Hooray for Abbey  ^clapping^  ^clapping^

Nikki you've got such a good attitude (and so many fabulous embies!). When you get that BFP you are just going to sleep for weeks what with all the traveling and moving house

Sabina - did the travel agency sort your honeymoon out in the end?

Phew Joanna everything happend just in the nic of time for your bloods then; heres hoping the results are low. Glad you let your hair down at the wedding

Tiggy glad that you got your IVIG and that you can relax a little bit now. So many people seem to get a spike; when Daniel (Elliott) and I were discussing NK cells last week he was of the opinion that many people with natural pregnancys are probably walking around with elevated levels.
I also think the headaches must be from the IVIG - did they give you any fluids at the same time?
I bet you can't wait for your holiday. Were off to our house on the 21st July so not long now

^jumpin^ Maureen this is a little cheer for your last Monday  ^jumpin^

So Alli you've got a great number of embies as well, brilliant

Carmela was delighted to see your ticker and hear all about your nesting  :)

Can't remember who asked about Zita v Daniel. The reason I went with Daniel was because he seems to work on the individual where as Zita's clinic seem to stick to a set protocol no matter what your issues oh and of course hes cheaper and I can visit him in Windsor (near work)

Crystal and Lou fingers very tightly crossed for you tomorrow; my heart is in my mouth for you x

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.