Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Woops, not sure if you saw this, Paranoid...

Hi Paranoid,
Harry's a Norfolk terrier and he is such fun. They are into absolutely EVERYTHING - the nosiest dogs I've ever, ever come across - but they have the loveliest nature, are brilliant with kids, love other dogs, are highly intelligent (sometimes TOO intelligent...) and a real laugh.
The best way to get hold of one is to go the Norfolk Terrier Club of Great Britain website http://www.norfolkterrierclub.co.uk/ and they have lists of breeders who you can contact. There's often a bit of a wait for them because they only have small litters (three is considered big) but they're definitely worth the wait. Sometimes the breeders have females that have finished breeding that need rehoming, so that's another possibility. I highly recommend them!
Martha
x

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Girls,
I'm new and trying to get to know you all by reading the threads.
Joanna,i wish you and dh lots of luck on Friday and really hope you get good news.
I have hydrosalpinx so have mainly been looking at that forum.I was meant to start treatment this cycle but Mr T said my oestrogen levels were too high so will maybe start next cycle.Does anyone know what this means when your oestrogen level is too high?I'm kind of worried that it might be the same next cycle.Is there anyway i can do something to get it down by diet etc?
Thanks for listening girls,you have all been through so much and you all offer each other great support.Good luck to all of you.Josie.xx ^wave^
                              ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi Girls,

I have been following all your posts but haven't posted myself for a while.

Well, my news is that I won't be starting IVF this month as my FSH came back at 10.4. Not the worse it has ever been (12.4) but not good enough.

The ARGC seemed quite keen that I had IVF immediately after my hysteroscopy, I don't know if it is because the womb is cleaned out during the hysteroscopy and therefore maybe that it is better.....?

Ironically, when I had my baseline bloods taken for my FET in April, it was 6.2! So I am, as you can imagine, disappointed. I had mentally psyched myself up for it too.....

Oh well, it gives me one more month to take Marilyn Glenvilles vitamins and yummy (not!) Chinese herbs!

Good luck to everyone on this board. Feel really bad that I haven't done any personals, but it has been a very long day for me. Up at 5:30am and 1 hour 20 min drive into London, then back into work this afternoon!

Love
Jules
PS Martha - I would love to have a Norfolk Terrier, but I don't think that my 19 year old cat would appreciate it ;D

·
Registered
791 Posts
hi josie
i have high e2 levels as well.  they can sometimes mask high fsh - which is why they won't let you cycle - however i don't know how the levels calibrate with fsh.  i treat myself as though for high fsh.  i take a supplement which contains lots of wheatgrass (wheatgrass is supposed to help lower fsh), relax as much as possible, do visualisation, eat a high roughage diet, try not to eat sugar.  apparently there are lots of phyto oestrogens which can cause a problem too - soya products are one example and should be avoided.  i think drinking water out of plastic bottles is bad too, but what can we do???!!!  my e2 levels have gone up and down (just as others fsh does). 
take care  :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
hi jules aka mrs minerva
hysteroscopy v easy and am sure does the trick for a lot of people.  i almost feel like having another one before next cycle!!!!
well done with your 19 year old cat - you must be a v good mummy!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
hi joanna - wishing you vvvv  ^reiki^ outcome in the next couple of days.  i am so glad you have such wonderful support on the home front.  the great thing is - is that you can get pregnant!!!  really spoil yourself and think  ^reiki^ thoughts.  we are all behind you xx

·
Registered
890 Posts
Joanna - i am so sorry you are going through so much heartache. I fully understand how you are feeling but at the same time Mr T is not the type of person who will build up someones hope if there is nothing to build.
So i will continue to pray for you and hope the IVIG works its miracle.

Love Carmela x ^reiki^

·
Registered
890 Posts
Alli - i had my reduction at 12w +4 days. iI hope you get your referral ASAP

Marly - know what you mean about people, they think i am a kill joy because i refuse to discuss things like Names, Christenings and what i am going to buy.
How are you feeling?

Kim - thank you for the reassurance, you really have been a great help to me through this pregnancy. Would love to see more pictures of Rebecca if you ever get a minute :)

Paranoid - hope you are doing well.
I have had 7 IVIGS and i still have follow ups so may have to have even more if my levels go up again.
My 50:1 has always been in the normal range, last result it was 14.3
It is my CD56% which is high, last time it was 23.1%  (normal range is 2-12%)

Josie - welcome, sorry don't know the answer to your question but wish you luck

Jules - sorry your levels were high, hope you have better news next month

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Morning girls

Sorry I haven't posted much but have been really busy.We have builders in at the moment and they don't finish until Friday so it's hard to get to the puter as it is in the room they are doing.I really wanted to come on here to continue the  ^reiki^ vibes for Joanna.

Joanna grab those orange clothes and put them on babe and even shower/sleep in them.That level has gone up and it shows that something is there.This time your tx went well so much better then the last.You know you can get pregnant hun and Mr.T would not waste your time if he couldn't help.It's hard I know but am sending you both so much love that those levels go up up up. ^goodluck^ for Friday

Just a quickie from me to say I spoke to Daniel Elliot yesterday and am going to see him next Saturday in Windsor.He sounds really nice.So I might start tx in August otherwise I will see what Daniel suggests.
Am of to Devon until Sunday so really hope the weather improves so bye for now and see you all Sunday

^goodluck^ all

Love Georgia
xxx

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Girls

Lauren - lovely to meet you yesterday - hope everything went well?

Joanna - good luck for repeats on Friday, I hope it all works out for you hun - fingers crossedxxx

LadyTango - good luck with Daniel - he is great. 

Hello to everyone else - sorry its a new thread and I am a bit lost!!!

As for me, scan OKish yesterday - I have some unknown fluid in the womb that may stop us going ahead this month - have to wait and see.  I now have to take OPKs until surge then go in day after surge for scan and basting if everything is OK - so should be Sunday/Monday I would think - then 2ww!

Quick question - I read on-line that OPKs should not be done with first monrning pee - but around 2pm as most people get their surge in the morning and it wont show until about 4 hours later?  Anybody know as I have always done it first thing before??? But now the timing is very important - so need to get this bit right (it is after all, all I have to actually do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks girlies

Love Tinaxx

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi everyone

Jenny told me that my immune results are on the high side. Mr T hasn't seen them yet so we will ask him on Sat at the hysteroscopy (if he says hello first) or at the Wed scan. I just wasn't expecting this so was pretty gutted yesterday as it looks like it will double the treatment cost - but thinking orange thoughts today- at least it has been tested before I start another ICSI.

The good news is that if Sat goes fine I will start sniffing on 10 August

Josie - I don't know sorry

Sabina - thanks for saying that the hysteroscopy is easy and a good thing - that helps

Georgia - good news that you might start in August. DH and I go to acupuncture but what I find amassing is that it becomes so totally ordinary boiling up 4 sets of herbs every week - I used to feel like a witchover her cauldrons

Layla - definitely sounds like the switching off is working - well done

take care everyone

love Tyler

PS Martha - Norfolks are lovely and won Cruffs this year  - how old is he - my cocker spaniel is 11 months   

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi girls,

Tyler - I LOVE cocker spaniels. What colour is your one? Does 11 months mean they're going through their 'terrible teens' at the moment? Think I've blotted out when Harry's was. He's three and is, I think, JUST beginning to act like a grown-up dog....kind of....

Georgia - glad you're going to see Daniel Elliott. I see another acupuncturist but I find it really helps me to feel balanced and not climb the walls so much  ;D Have a lovely time in Devon

Tina - good luck with your OPKs, damned things. Like Layla, I use the cheapie ones then you don't feel like you're breaking the bank quite so much when you use them in quantity

Carmela - don't feel pressurised into doing any of those things like talking about names etc. If and when you're ready, that's what counts. And they can all just wait!!

Joanna - thinking of you lots  ^reiki^

Sabina - something else that isn't supposed to be good for you is heating up food in plastic containers in the microwave. Have you heard that?

Josie - good luck with lowering your FSH. Sorry, don't know how you do this but will let you know if I find any info on it.

Kim - Rebecca looks gorgeous! By the way, it's a while back, but did you visit ARGC on May 20 with Rebecca, only that's the day DH and I had our first appointment and there was a very happy lady visiting there with a baby when we arrived. Was it you? I remember the receptionists saying, 'Here's one we made earlier'!!

Layla - really sounds like it's working - that's brilliant news, and a relief. Keep up the good work!  :)

Jules - sounds like you've had an exhausting time recently, with all your early starts and late nights. Sorry to hear about your FSH. I really hope they start behaving for you (PS I'm so impressed your cat is the grand age of 19. She must be very happy and contented. If you ever want to borrow a naughty Norfolk, just say  ;D)

Hi to all you other ARGC girls (sorry if I haven't mentioned you).

Still sniffing, still feeling tired, and still - TMI - got sore boobs. Is this a common side-effect? I'm not grumbling, I'm just curious! I generally have a 29 day cycle (well, 'ish') and I'm hoping it's going to behave itself this month, which would mean AF on Sunday. But, hey, things just don't work out like that, do they?

Take care everyone
Martha
xx

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi girls

Joanna- fngers crossed for Friday - really praying for you- this must be one hell of a week for you.  Keep brave girlie XXXX

alli - difficult decisions lay ahead for you,  - thinking of you and wishing the time flies for you.

tina - the best time to do opks are between 11 - 2pm - but the most important thing is to just remember to do them the same time every day.  I always did mine at 12 and it was fine and the result shows within few minutes.  Don't worry you will definitely know when you get your surge! All the best for this tx!

tiggy - so glad you are back from hols (bet you aren't!) we have all missed you! yes I can hardly believe it happened - I really am!!  good luck for your nuchal - look forward to hearing your news. xxx

My repeat immune tests came back high - so have to be in the clinic tomorrow for repeat hcg really early and if levels have increased I will be having ivig straight after.  I think the nurse said my 50:1 came back as 24 which is pretty high - not sure what that is?  do you think with those levels - I will need to go back regularly?  Carmela - do you understand how all this works?   should I be worried at all?  Really hope my body hasn't started attacking this pregnancy already - it's a full time career trying to stay pregnant - I have only just got back home! I wouldn't have it any other way but just feel bit worried......

Julie - not heard from you, how are things?

Just another quickie - is it ok to have acupuncture?  I have been going regularly up to et but just wanted to check it is safe to go now that i am pg?

Love and luck to everyone else

Claire xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Girls,
Thanks so much Sabina and other girls for your advice on lowering my e2.Going to go shopping today and buy some healthy organic food and wheatgrass and see if that helps.
Martha,it seems like you really love dogs,like me.I look after dogs for a living,when people go on holiday.I have a regular one,a portugese water dog who i look after Monday to Friay,she's gorgeous.At the moment i've 3 dogs sitting by my feet while i'm on the pc lol.Waiting for their walkies so better hurry up.
I feel like everythings against me at the moment.My oestrogen levels,my blocked tube(hydrosalpinx)my age and dp's sperm motility and sometimes i feel like giving up.We want this so much though and it will be our last try,this is why we are at the ARGC,we're hoping and praying Mr T will be able to help us.
How do you girls remember whats been written when you post and remember everyones names as i find it hard to remember who to say good luck to etc and i dont just want to post about myself,i'd like to offer my support too.
Thanks again girls and good luck and best wishes to you all.Josie.xxx ;) ^daisy^ 

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hi girls

Josie - welcome and good luck! Sorry to hear of your complications but you are definitely in the right place. Its always hard to remember everyone's names at first but it gets easier with time!  :)

Claire - hope your immune levels sort themselves out soon, it's true that the worrying never stops! I've carried on acupuncture every fortnight as it helps your liver cope with all your body changes and extra stress and can also help you have a better pregnancy sickness wise.

Martha - I got sore boobs too during d/regging - it can have all sorts of effects so don't worry.

Tyler - good luck with your hysteroscopy. I had one mid cycle and it was fine, only had AF pains for about 20 mins after and that was that. The sedation they give you is lush.  :)

Layla - glad d/regging is working.

Georgia - hope Daniel sorts you out, he is fantastic. have fun in Devon, bet you will be sporting all your lovely orange gear!

Carmela - you take things at your own pace, it's your babies after all. You have come a long way now, hope the next few months go swimmingly!

Tina - I also used the cheapy OPK's and they advise to test around midday which worked for me. I did use one of the other off the shelf ones and I think those were first thing in the morning so just follow their instructions.

Ms Minerva - hope your FSH levels behave next month!

Hi to Nikki, Abbey, Paranoid and everyone else!

Just got back from the GP and he is faxing a referral through to a consultant at St Peters hospital so that's good. I also mentioned the fact that my sis was working in Gynae there till 2 weeks ago and he said he'd mention it cos it might rush things along! Amazing, I thought things like that only happened in Gibraltar! My sis is on hols at the moment but is back next week so I can also get her to give the consultant a call if I don't hear back soon as she knows her. So hopefully will get to see her soon, fingers crossed!

Have a nice day everyone

Alli x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Claire

I had to be at the clinic this morning for a blood test, they then asked me to wait around for the results as they would then decide whether they needed me to have another IVIG.  Fortunately I was told I didn't need one this time, although they said it doesn't necessarily mean I won't need one at a later stage.  I also got my results from Chicago tests this morning and they are all fine now.  Next blood test will be Sunday morning.  I just want to fast forward the next 2 weeks to the scan!!

It is still daunting having continued tests and worrying about levels going up and down but we must have faith in them as they are the best and will do everything to help with our continuing pregnancies.

take good care

Julie

xx

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Had my 20-week scan today and everything is fine. We had the sex confirmed as what they suspected at 12 weeks - do you want to know?!!!

Off on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks - god knows how many pages I'll have to catch up on but here's hoping for a bucket load of good news while I'm away.

Can't even begin to mention all of you - but take care all, you're very special people.

Love Ruth
xx

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Joanna, special good luck wishes on their way to you for tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Ruth - so glad your scan went well! Don't leave us in suspense!!!!  :)

Have a lovely holiday!

Alli x

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.