Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Joanna - I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. I know the next while will  be tough but I know that you have the love of your Dh, your cutie Jess and the support of all of us to help you through. Take care. xxx

Love Missy xx

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dear Joanna

Im so sorry about your results you must feel like its never going to happen - i hope Jess can help to console you and that you and DH can find the strength to keep trying. a low positive is better than a BFN (even though it doesn't seem that way now). I hope Mr t can give you both some hope.

Alli - your scan sounds great - and wonderful that there may be a chance of keeping them both - as you say enjoy the moment theres no point in worrying about a descision you may not even have to make.

Love

Marly

·
Registered
375 Posts
Joanna- i am sorry you and Dh have to go thru this awful time
take care and hope to see you back on the thread when you feel stronger or when Jess's fur is so wet you need an alternative place to cry
XXX

·
Registered
693 Posts
Joanna,

I'm truly sorry to hear your news  :( . You and DH have been through so much, it's got to be your turn next time round. Mr T will help that to happen. Jess sounds adorable - our fur babies always seem to make us feel a little better when nothing else works, I feel, so let her give you lots of hugs and licks. You'll always find support here from us gals, too, when you're ready.

Love and 'hi' to all everyone

Martha
x

·
Registered
331 Posts
Joanna - I'm so, so sorry that you've had to go through such a traumatic experience.
I wish you lots of love and luck for the future and hope things start to turn around for the better for you very soon.

Abbey - good luck with the scan today.

Alli - great news that you felt so reassured after your last scan. You're right to just enjoy the moment and take it one step at a time.

Layla - any af yet?

Well, it's getting close now, only two more days and I'll be sniffing. I'm excited but scared.
And although the ARGC said it was ok to start sniffing even though we've tried this month, I am a little concerned about it. But Mark says I should listen to the experts and relax about it.

Hi to everyone and love to all.

Lisa.x

·
Registered
890 Posts
Joanna - i am so so sorry to read your news, life can be so incredibly cruel sometimes.
I hope you, DH and Jess can find comfort in eachother, to get through these next few very hard weeks. Take care ^hugme^

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi girls,

Joanna - we've all been thinking and worrying about you so much - sending you big hugs and tons of strength to get through the next few weeks, Mr T has proved to you that you can get pregnant after your first ICSI at ARGC, the only way is up up up! I never felt I would get pg after a great cycle in Jan at ARGC, but here i am pg for first time ever.  Keep believing girlie however tough it seems - Jess sounds absolutely beautiful - was it hard to find her?  My one year retriever has brought me immense therapy in the last year we've had him!

Beachbabe - I hope you are starting to look towards the future with some renewed hope... I think the other girls have given you all you need to know about FET, it really is so much simpler, the only problem both myself and Tiggy had was our prog levels were never high enough so we had to go straight to sniffing for a medicated cycle.  There's been a lot of success stories with FET's and I really thought it just happens to others, but I am living proof and i was highly pessimistic!  I really hope you can focus on this, wishing you tons of luck xxx

Alli - great news on your scan, I really hope that you are in a position to consider keeping both your bubbas, that would be so wonderful - I hope you are feeling less anxious about your prospects now and Mr T wouldn't say anything unless he felt it was a genuine possibility.

Nikki - sorry about your bad head after ivig, I totally sympathise, I am now dreading the thought of another ivig just because my headaches are getting unbearable with it!

Lisa - good luck you are nearly on that rollercoaster! I am sure it will bring you much happiness at the end of it xx

Not much to report on me, levels were fine on Monday and just got another repeat blood on Thursday.  I wish the scan would hurry up but not had a date yet.

Julie  - no news from you these days? what's happening? hope your levels are doubling nicely

Hope everyone else is ok, love to you all

Claire xxxxx

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Girls

Joanna - so terribly sorry to see your news - this whole IF thing is a dreadful journey and one that does get harder - I hope you get your dream soon.

Beachbabe - hugs to you too, sounds like you have been through a terrible ordeal, but hope that you can look forward to a FET with lots of hope in your heart.

Ali - great that the scan was good and Mr T more reassuring about being able to keep both babies.

Nikki - yes i had my blood test yesterday at the Nuffield and ARGC have my results but have not come back to me yet.

Claire - great to hear your levels are rising nicely.  Hope you get a scan date soon.

Abbey - good luck with your scan todayx

Lol - good news on your follie scan - sounds like you are having a much better response this time - great news!

Hello to Marly, Carmella, Lisa, Crystal, Martha and everyone I have missed!

Well, I am on day 19 and still no surge so am accepting that I have had no ovulation this month - and so no treatment!  This natural cycle has made me realise that although I have been TTC for 6 years, we really went into treatment as soon as we were really seriously trying for a baby - and so I have never monitored my cycle.  I have no idea if it runs properly - and part from a monitored cycle at the ARGC where I ovulated on day 15, I have no idea if this is my normal cycle or not.

I am really down about it all - I have little faith in the DIUI, but at least I was doing something.  Now again, we go for another month without moving forward.  After 3 years of treatment, 5 ICSIs and 2 missed miscarriages I just want some LUCK!  And it is not coming. WHY ME?????

Sorry, I am very depressed as I dont think me and DH can keep going and at this rate we will give up and after 3 years and £25k, we will be back where we started - childless but now older and penniless too.

Love Tinaxx

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi Tina- i know exactly where you are...all this money, stress and emotional turmoil and zip!!!
It is so hard to keep the faith and keeep going when all you think you are doing is throwing good money after bad! Just wish i would wake up 1 day as one of those people who dont want babies and can be happy!!!
I am sure you will ovulate next month and all will be fine...maybe the stress of monitoring has made dem follies shy!?!
take care F xx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Joanna
I'm so sorry to hear your news :'( :'(. I honestly know how you feel ('cos it happened to me too), the elation and disappointment are quite overwhelming.
I know you will be a Mum soon, and in the meantime, look after yourself, DH and Jess
Sending loads of hugs to you all
^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^
Jane
xx

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tina - what a bu**er that you haven't ovulated - its so typical. But its not uncommon not to ovulate some cycles so however down you feel try to stay positive. its just not fair that you now have to wait another month. Are they sure you haven't ovulated or have you just missed the surge (ie have you had a scan or a progesterone levels done?) also if you have any left its worth just testing for another day or 2 cos it may just be late. After everything you deserve some luck - i really hope this is just a glitch and you get your dream next month.

Nikki and Claire - those headaches sound bad - is there anything you can take to prevent them?

lots of love

Marly

·
Registered
791 Posts
dear beachbabe
i am so sorry about what happened to you.  i think you are v brave indeed.  good for you for thinking of trying again soon. take v good care of yourself and recover your body strength etc so you feel 100% again soon.

^Cuddle^

·
Registered
791 Posts
dear joanna
so sorry about your +ve that didn't continue.  hey though - you did get pregnant and it will happen again and am feeling extremely positive for you.  pls don't give up - even though right now you don't feel like having any more to do with ivf, doctors, medication etcetcetc.  so glad you have a new doggy addition to your family.  hope taj is well too.  we saw so many homeless dogs in sri lanka, i thought about what you did with taj - which is pretty amazing.  you will be a super duper mummy soon!!!  xx

·
Registered
100 Posts
Joanna- so sorry you have to go through this.  Hope you find comfort with you new wee fluffy and DH and you are strong together.  Hang in there. ^rainbow^

Beachbabe- how horrendous.  thinking of you too. HOpe you get thorugh this next few weeks. ^Heart^

Lisa-good luck with the sniffing!  Mark is right - trust the experts.  You will be fine.  All the best. ^DizzyLove^

Alli- good news on you scan there!  Phew.  Glad Mr T put your mind at rest. :)

Tina- keep you chin up- hard to do when it all seems beset with difficulties, but you will get there in the end- it is your turn for luck by the law of averages soon.  Dont give up.  ^reiki^

Hi and love to Crystal- not long now you holiday babe you!  8)

Our scan went well today! phewwhee........ we didnt see Mr T but craftily managed to avoid the last doctor we saw and got a very good doctor called Achmed- who was v patient and reassuring.  Saw it move...wow and heartbeat.  repeat NK next week.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to whether to go with local hospital for nuchal scan or the Foetal Medical Centre- FMC is where the ARGC recommend- a nurse said they are to foetal monitoring what the ARGC are to IVF, but just wanted you girlies opinions that have been through this.

Bye for now.

love
Abbey
xxxxxx

Love and thoughts to everyone else going through TX

·
Registered
791 Posts
hi girls

flick so nice to hear that you are around.  when do you start another round?

lol - glad to hear you have some nice follies developing.  it will be ec soon!  wishing you the best result (a big fat +ve) for this cycle :)

marly - hope you are feeling well and enjoying your pregnancy.

carmela - have you made a shopping list yet?  

claire and nikki - i think drinking lots (and i mean lots) of water before ivig is supposed to reduce the incidence of headache.

tina - sorry you didn't ovulate. maybe a progesterone test will indicate whether you did or not if that is not too late??  take care and stay  ^reiki^

jane - always like to hear how well you and your twins are doing.  you are such a support to everyone here.

lisa - good luck with sniffing

laylar - have you started stims yet?

i haven't been posting v much - as feel v little to report and also feeling slightly low about my chances of reproduction (as statistics are rather stacked against us).  i asked daniel the acupuncturist whether i was one of his difficult cases and he did not answer being far too diplomatic (in my opinion).  dh and i have gone on a diet - am almost afraid to say 'atkins' - but really must get rid of my steroid tummy.  girls tell me if this is a total no-no for babymaking.  i only want to do it for 2 weeks.

love to you all :-*

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi girls

Sabina, I think Zita West says Atkins is a no-no as the weird thing that Atkins does to your body is not good for fertility.  Also, it puts pressure on your liver etc which then gets battered by IVF drugs.  Protein and veg/salad for a couple of weeks would be fine though just don't do the extreme one where veg are banned.  You could do her 10 day detox plan as you have two days of practically starving yourself on that so will definitely lose weight (appealing huh)! I am very impressed by your diligence.  I couldn't be bothered between the two cycles as figured I would get all bloaty again anyway.  Statistics are a generalisation - the fact that you can get pregnant is a major plus point + you respond well to the drugs so get enough eggs for them to be picky.  So don't get downhearted, you can do it!!!!

Abbey, really glad your scan went well.  What does Achmed look like? There is one long haired and one short haired scan guy apart from Mr T that I have seen so far.

Flick, are you still planning on starting again soon?

Claire, hope you get a scan date soon.

Lisa, don't worry, the sniffing apparently doesn't do any harm.  If you are worried do a first response 3 days before your period is due as that will only be 5 days or so into it.

Alli, glad that things are looking positive for your twins.  Fingers crossed you can find someone to help you.

I am in for IVIG on Friday.  Not sure how long I will be stimming, probably for ever as my levels are only going up 500 a day so am only at 3,500!  I am driving DH up the wall with my analysing!  How long does IVIG last?  Do you need to take water, books, food etc?

Hope you are all doing well.  xx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Evening girls

Joanna thinking of you hun :-* so glad you have a little doggie to cuddle up to.Am dead jealous but Brian will not let me have a goldfish so I don't think I could sneak in a poopy puppy :p Love to the two of you :)

Tina :-* to you babe

Have just spoken to Emmi who is over the moon with her little bundle of joy,she asked after a few of you Joanna, Marly and Tiggy and Carmela and a few others.Will hopefully be seeing her real soon.

^goodluck^ Victoria for tomorrow

Well I am starting to get a tad nervous,(already bitten Brians head of this morning) ^witch^ is due Sunday so hopefully it will be on time ::)

Love to you all

Georgia
xx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Lol ivig takes between 3 - 4 hours take sarnies,book and loads of drink with you as they like you to keep up your water intake whilst your there. I really enjoyed it as I meet some lovely girls there.
Won't be long now babe
xxxxx

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.