Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

A new place to chat

Can I also remind you that this is for general chitter chatter, which of course can be about your cycle/BFP/BFN/pregnancy/children/whatever is going on in your life in general, however I would like to remind you that to resepct anyone wanting to read and join in, that you keep the above mentioned chatter to the specific threads/boards
Thanks for your understanding

PG at the ARGC http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=251396.0
ARGC Mum's Birthclub http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=192063.720

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Shell

Thanks for this new thread, I'm a bit confused with what you say about chit chat etc .. I notice that you have added the thread for the ARGC birth club which is in another (not so easy) to find location on the site.

Can you arrange for this thread to be moved to the following area?
  • Fertility Friends » Clinic Boards (Approved by Clinics) » Clinic Support Boards » ARGC (Moderators: Shellebell, Nixf01)

• A group of us (Dimmie, Jennie Penguin, Ruby71, Karenanna, Tikki, Lumper, Waspey and many other ladies formed a real bond when we cycled together and we would like a place to chat that is easy to find. We have taken over the ARGC ~ Part 156 thread because its easy for us all the chat there as the other one is too hard to locate all the time.

If you could arrange for it to be moved it would be really great, otherwise I feel we may end up chatting about our babes on this thread and could potentially get a telling off ... and no of us would want that ;D

Thanks everso
    M xxxx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi everyone

Hopefully nobody minds us chatting here about babies? I think Van said that was what the thread started as, but it would be good if we could change the title.

Millie - Hope you enjoyed the cricket  ;D  ;D  ;D  - I have been watching some of it whilst I have been expressing in the night - I saw the incident with Ponting  ^bigbad^  not very sportsman like. I'm trying to track down some mini cricket whites for Sam and Joe for when the weather gets better - if I have no luck I'll have to get my friend's Mum knitting again!

Jennie - Let me know what dates you are free in January and we can fix a time to visit.

Dimee - I will try and put the dress in the post tomorrow for you

Ruby - Hope all your men had a lovely Christmas - I liked the piccies on ********. How's the new hairdo?

Lisa - How is the lovely Edward - I saw the piccie with the present mountain!

Lexi - Did you have a lovely Christmas?

Tikki - How are Nancy and Barney - did they have a good christmas - I guess Barney gets quite excited by it all!

AFM, the boys slept well last night - Joe 6.5 hours and Sam 7 hours - so it is getting a bit longer each time. They have however been rather grouchy today - I think they got used to lots of attention when they were at their grandparents and just want to be cuddled all the time. We are now trying to get them back into a routine.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
277 Posts
Evening all

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas, I cannot believe it has been and gone so quickly!  Dont even know where this year has gone, I had my initial consultation at ARGC on christmas eve last year!

Karen - Sounds like you had busy christmas assume you went up to your Mum and Dad's?

Millie - I am with you, confused as to whether we can post here or not?  glad you have enjoyed cricket, we have been following it here too, DH gutted as we were there four years ago when they lost!  Although he is very happy that he has little Edward this year!

AFM - We had a lovely christmas, Edward had a bit of a cold as was quite snuffly, however he is much better now.  He managed 11.30 till 5 last night which was good!  I have started giving him a bit more formula as well, as I just dont seem to be able to keep up with him and I was spending so long sitting feeding him,  I actually want to enjoy interacting and playing with him.  Keep asking myself if I am doing the right think keep dropping feeds, doing one a week at the moment, but I have come to the conclusion that I need to be happy and I am much happier doing a bit of both.

Enough of me anyway! 

See you all soon

Lisa xxx

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi all,

I do hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas time with your gifts from God and Santa. I am so sorry I have not been on for a while but its been really hectic, we have had lots of people to visit and travelling up and down to my mums, as I lost my father when I was cycling and she is finding Christmas partically hard, Amelia makes it so much easier for her.

Well, we're good here although still pretty knackered, Amelia is still getting up in the middle of the night for a feed and then up by 6.30am, but she is fighting to go to bed at 6.30pm which she does every night with no problems at all, and then we do not hear a peep out of her until about 1am. She is getting so funny now and has found a whole new voice thing, so squeeling is in!! We have just started to ween her last week and its very strange but I am cooking all my own food and freezing it in ice cube trays, much cheaper and healthier as you never know whats in those jars and I don't really want to use them.

We bought her a tiger bouncer for Christmas, one of many things from family and friends, but hey we have all waited a long time to have a child that we can buy for. She is so so funny in it and bounces round in the kitchen while I am cooking her food etc, squeeling away and chuckling to herself.

Hope your all well and having a good time, I have now managed to catch up on everything and also I am really hoping to come and meet up too in Feb, I have a friend who lives in Woking and could go and stay with her and then get the train in to meet you all.

Right I'd best be off, DH is looking at me to get sorted for bed, I do think we're getting old as it seems we are getting earlier and earlier, but if we're not sleeping by 1030pm and up in the night we're shattered to next day!! ( and then having a 5 month old running rings around us) Plus he has just promised to take me to the sales tomorrow with all mine and Amelia's vouchers!!! Woop

Love to all and I promise to log on a lot more now I have a bit more time.

Lexi (and Amelia) xxx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Lisa - definitely don't feel guilty - I have started doing the same thing. I am now doing 3 formula and 5 EBM - next week 4+4 etc...

I think I may have a problem stopping the EBM though as at the moment I am getting between 10-12 fl oz in 6 mins! I have definitely gone into overdrive on the milk production but am getting fed up of huge (.)(.) if I don't express every 3 hours.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi all,

I do hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas time with your gifts from God and Santa. I am so sorry I have not been on for a while but its been really hectic, we have had lots of people to visit and travelling up and down to my mums, as I lost my father when I was cycling and she is finding Christmas partically hard, Amelia makes it so much easier for her.

Well, we're good here although still pretty knackered, Amelia is still getting up in the middle of the night for a feed and then up by 6.30am, but she is fighting to go to bed at 6.30pm which she does every night with no problems at all, and then we do not hear a peep out of her until about 1am. She is getting so funny now and has found a whole new voice thing, so squeeling is in!! We have just started to ween her last week and its very strange but I am cooking all my own food and freezing it in ice cube trays, much cheaper and healthier as you never know whats in those jars and I don't really want to use them.

We bought her a tiger bouncer for Christmas, one of many things from family and friends, but hey we have all waited a long time to have a child that we can buy for. She is so so funny in it and bounces round in the kitchen while I am cooking her food etc, squeeling away and chuckling to herself.

Hope your all well and having a good time, I have now managed to catch up on everything and also I am really hoping to come and meet up too in Feb, I have a friend who lives in Woking and could go and stay with her and then get the train in to meet you all.

Right I'd best be off, DH is looking at me to get sorted for bed, I do think we're getting old as it seems we are getting earlier and earlier, but if we're not sleeping by 1030pm and up in the night we're shattered to next day!! ( and then having a 5 month old running rings around us) Plus he has just promised to take me to the sales tomorrow with all mine and Amelia's vouchers!!! Woop

Love to all and I promise to log on a lot more now I have a bit more time.

Lexi (and Amelia) xxx

·
Registered
180 Posts
p.s now I'm confused to where I'm meant to be!! There's me thinking it was quiet on the other blog but you had all gone to this one, thank goodness I read backwards! So here you all are!!

Very confusing but then thats me!!!

Lexi

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Lexi

Think you were typing as I posted - What is a tiger bouncer? sounds great!

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
231 Posts
http://www.********.com/album.php?aid=301452&id=742512811&l=6a2549a667 Hi everyone I hope that this link will take you to some photos of Esther and William showing their progress over the last 5 months. They both seem to be doing really well and growing bigger and stronger day by day. They are now 10 weeks corrected age and 5 months actual. We have had a lovely Christmas, the babies' best presents being a Jumperoo and a Sit Me Up Cosy, both of which you can see them using in the album. My DF gave me £1000 to spend on a holiday which is very generous as we are also getting married in 2011 and this holiday is on top of our whole family hol and our honeymoon. 2011 is going to be such a good year for us! He also gave me a new digital HD video camera and a beautiful engraved bracelet. I am the luckiest of all the ducks! Looking forward to 2011 and trying to lose some baby weight. I was a size 8 before iVF and pregnancy and I am now a size 12. Gone from under 9 stone to 10 stone 3lbs! Going to make an effort to get out for a walk every day and use my mini trampoline. Can;t really do much else til cold and flu season is over then I would like to do somehtign with other Mums and babies. We have had two milestones over Christmas period, the first being that Esther slept through the night last night a mammoth 8 hours and William can now roll from front to back. He has done it 3 times today! Hope everyone is well. I am still breastfeeding and enjoying it much more now that Esther and William can do more. It is still exhausting but also wonderful! Looking forward to hearing all about how everyone is getting on. Karenanna, I am free any day of the week beginning 17th Jan or week beginning 24th Jan. Really hope that we can meet. I live in Charing in Kent, near Ashford x

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
morning,

still trying to get my email reminder working...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Morning,

Ooops think for some reason I posted the same thing twice!!

Jennie, they are really lovely and come and long way by the looks of things. dont worry about your weight you look fab, I went from a size 12-14 and now a size 16!! And for the life of me cannot get rid of it, so I have started spinning this week, I'm married to a personal trainer so as you can imagine he said he would wait 6 mths and then strap me to the gym!!!

Karen - the tiger bouncer hangs from the door frame (very safe) and you can adjust the height, Amelia just loves it so much, it hangs from the door in the kitchen and she can then see me cooking etc. I'll try to post a photo later on ******** for you.

Right madam wants her breakfast.....taste of banana this morning, which she quite likes, i presume as Bonjela tastes of banana!!

Hi to everyone else

Lexi xx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Jenny - I think you look fab too! Love the photos - my parents bought a jumperoo for Sam and Joe for xmas as lots of Mums on the twins thread recommended them. They are still a bit little for it at the moment, but it looks great. Will PM you in the next couple of days about a date to meet.

Lexi - Looking forward to seeing the photos

Tikki - I switched the e-mail reminders off as I was getting e-mail overload, so really not sure how they work.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hiya Girls

Lovely to read all your replies. Karen - yes I did enjoy the cricket .. absolutely blinking brilliant that we stuffed it up 'em! it's a very happy in the Lewis household ;D ;D ;D

Jennie .. the twins are ADORABLE! and so are you .. I loved looking at the photos .. thanks for sharing .. they look so strong and healthy and happy and what a lovely present your DF gifted you ... :) :) :) :)

Waspey ... sorry that DH got to see them lose when he went on the tour, how rubbish! I would love to do the Ashes tour in Oz. Been on the one in the UK when we won .. blinking awesome!! and been to the Windies :) Loved the photo of Edward under the tree ... cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Hi Lexi .. hope Amelia enjoyed her banana xxxx

Hi to Tikki, Dimmie and Ruby xxx

Right then girls ... HELP! I've been reading about your little ones sleeping so well and my little munchin is NO WHERE NEAR the levels of sleepness as yours. I know you shouldn't compare babies as no 2 babies are the same but I would love to know what you are doing to get them to sleep so much.
Here is our routine:

Wake at 7am - 5oz feed
Play till 9am
9am - 10 am - Sleep
Wake 10am - 4oz feed
Play till midday
Sleep till 2pm (if I'm lucky .. sometimes he only goes down for 40 mins!)
Wake 2pm - 5oz feed
Play till 4pm
Sleep 4pm - 5pm
5pm - 3oz Feed
6pm - Bath
6.15 - 3oz feed
7pm - Sleepy time ... this is where my problem starts .... he falls asleep on the bottle and I can't get his wind up. So I have to wake him to get it out .. I was putting him to bed full of wind but he was waking up 40 mins later screaming in pain. If I wake him to get his wind up, he thinks Hooray! I'm awake .. playtime so it takes nearly 40 mins to get him to sleep! I feed and wind him in the dark, in his room to get him all sleepy but he fights the sleep ... then ................... if I'm lucky he'll go through till 11, but its mostly 10:30 .. but he doesn't wanna sleep then until 1am ... and then he's awake again at 4. How do you get your babies to sleep for such a long time from 11pm - 5am?! E has never done that!

If you could tell me how your day goes I would be really interested to see where I am going wrong ..

thanks girls xxxxx

·
Registered
467 Posts
oh and I should say ... we aren't housebound every day! Most days we got out between 2-4pm for a walk ... or to the shops ... but he doesn't sleep in this time despite being led flat on his back!

I don't think my baby likes sleep?!! eeeeeeeeeeeeek!

xxx

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Millie,

Actually I don't think your doing too bad to be honest, Amelia was exactly the same until she got to 3-4 months when suddenly her wind stopped over night, and she managed to just burp on her own straight after a feed, before that I gave her infacol (x2 squirts) and colief in her bottle (very expensive for a small bottle but worked!) Also I bought the book, advised by Tikki, Healthy Sleep habits, Happy Child, which is turning into my bible!!

Amelia rountine now is:

6.30am - up - Milk
Play time
8.30am - Breakfast (weening)
Play time
10.00am - sleep - half an hour (in her cot) (while I shower and get ready)
Play time
11.30am - Milk
12.30pm - Sleep (in her cot) - (45mins to 1 1/2 hrs)
Play
2.30pm - Milk
Out in Pram walking, sometimes she sleeps.
4.00pm - Sleep - half an hr - anywhere not too strict with having to go into her cot.
4.30pm - Tea and water (Weening)
Play
6.00pm - Bath and Massage
6.15pm - Milk
6.30pm - 6.45pm - Bed

2.30am - Milk

Its takes some perserverance to get them into a rountine but honey you'll get there, it does say in the book to keep their sleep to every 2 hrs, not have moving sleeps, and also if they go over to wake them, looking at your sceduale I can see you are giving him 4 hrs sleep, I make sure Amelia has 3 hrs so sometimes I have to wake her to make sure she only has half an hr when its needed just to recharge the batteries.

It did take us a little while but now she goes to bed at 6.30 and we dont hear a peep until the early hrs, but she still doesnt sleep through.

It will get better once he can clear his own wind, we suffered terribly with Amelia but it did just seem to stop over night.

I hope this helps you so you can see what we do on a daily basis at the moment, remember this is for her age.

Lexi xx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi everyone

Millie - we use infacol also and this really helps with the wind. I am not too rigid in the day with things - I let them nap when they want - they generally do this of their own accord downstairs at the moment (in the morning and the afternoon). In the evening we do 1/2 a bottle, bath and then the other part of the bottle - this seems to work well and settle them for the evening.

I tried to get hold of Tikki's book on Amazon but couldn't get it - will have a look again.

Karenanna xxx

PS Lexi - do you use infacol and colief together or alternate?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Karen,

Yes I used both the infacol and colief together, I asked the Health Visitor, my sister and the pharmasist and they all said it would be okay, as I was breast feeding until 5 mths, I used to use a EBM on a spoon and then before feeding use the infacol. However they say that babies who are breastfed do not suffer as much with wind, but Amelia suffered more it seemed and when I weened her onto combined feeding it was then that she was a whole heap better...but every child is different and I am sure they know whats what!

p.s here is the link to the book that Tikki advised us was a good one and I have to agree, although what works for one may not for another and some may find an alternative book just as good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/009190255X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293722910&sr=8-1

Lexi

/links

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Thanks Lexi  ;D  ;D  - I am giving 5 out of 8 feeds EBM and Sam really suffers with wind at both ends, so may try the colief + infacol.

Millie - should have said - my routine (if you can call it one) roughly follows the Baby Whisperer EASY - eat, activity, sleep and you time. Sam and Joe feed almost on the dot every 3 hours during the day - I am not too rigid, as I've said about where they sleep etc...

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi guys,
I think I will have to check out that book. All these babies are so different. My problem is that Lucy sleeps all night after 1030 feed (which is great) and wakes anytime from 5-7 but then she is awake most of the morning on and off bfeeding then has a really long lunchtime nap then on and off feeding till 1030. Yesterday I didn't even leave the house as the one time I could have (lunchtime) I was so tired so went for a nap. Lucy has had a dreadful cold and cough and although she has slept at night she has been coughing so badly that it sounded like she was choking and I keep jumping up to check on her whilst dh sleeps on! I am currently at my parents in n Wales so am going to tackle it when I get back to London. Deep down I think it is due to poor breastfeeding so she is never really getting full so Lisa I know how you feel but you are doing the right thing as I struggled on with Imogen being the same and like you have no fun time with Lucy as she always wants to be fed. Once I stopped last time things got so much better but it is hard to stop. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. Much as I would love to sit feeding all day it is not at all practical with a toddler.
Can't believe how much u pump Karen. I was reading a book year abt stopping bfeeding and it said if u were expressing to cut the time down by 3 mins, however just remembered it only takes u six mins! Maybe drop it by a minute?
So after my waffle seems like your day time is really good Millie. I used infacol a lot with Imogen but don't seem to need it with Lucy. I read that you have to use it consistently with every feed and it takes a few days to take effect though I'm not sure if that is true. You must be shattered poor thing have you tried controlled crying? It's hard but it does work. I think I will be doing some of that when I get back as desperately want my evening back as eat most of my meals with one hand whilst feeding spilling most down my top!
Karen just seen your post about easy-I have re named it easi the I being for Imogen. I dint get too much time to myself!
Jennie lovely to see your pics of Esther and William-so gorgeous. I like the look of that seat/support thing but not sure we have the space.  You look fab. I have to go on a major diet next year which is another reason why I would like a bit more time during the day. I'm so in awe of you breastfeeding.
Happy new year to everyone. I hope you are having a more exciting night than me with my parents! I will prob be in bed by 10!!!
Lots of love,
Emilyx

1 - 20 of 325 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.