1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Me, me, me! No gossip I'm afraid apart for saying that I hope our lovely Flamingaura will soon be on with her news :).
Zeka x
Ps - so wish I could sleeeeep properly!

·
Registered
959 Posts
zeka: you were like me a few weeks ago, i couldnt sleep either, so frustrating!

Those with twins: when did you have your nuchal scan , i was going to have it 11w 3d but was told yesterday that for twins it needs to be around the 12 weeks mark for accurate results and did you all have the bloods as well?

Went for 10 week scan last night and wow it was weird, we saw the arms and one of them wriggled...surreal :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
NJO - yes it's really cool as they grow more like babies, isn't it!  I felt the same about the same stage.

I had my nuchal at 12 weeks but that may have just been a fluke as when I did my booking-in appointment they didn't know it was twins (GP hadn't got message through) so appointment had been booked before that for nuchal.  Maybe give hospital a call?

I had the bloods done too but some hospitals believe that it doesn't work with twins.  The FMC if you're going there does so you will have them done.

Hope this helps.

Katharine x

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
NJO - my profile scan pic was at 10wks. It blew us away for days!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi NJO

I booked my Nuchal at the FMC for end of March. They told me with twinnies you have to be over 12 weeks for the scan.

Hope you are all ok.

Jane xx

·
Registered
959 Posts
thanks guys , i have booked it for 17th March and illl be 12w 1day at the FMC. The brith company did say they would do it earlier but everyone else sadi 12 weeks so i ahev gone with the majority.
Zeka: i didn tknow we could have had  a3d/4d at 10 weeks..it looks so real! when are you due? it must be soonish?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No we didn't either. The FMC just flipped the switch over at the end of the 'normal' scan and added it to the dvd. I'm due in 8wks, so getting pretty near. Trying to enjoy every second of being pg but can't help getting a tiny bit impatient to meet our little boy! :) :)
Zeka x

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi all,

So this is our new home eh?

Just bookmarking for now and will post proper update later.

FYI - Kamran doing much better today and now just wish he would sleep.

Hope our other ARGC FF's find this thread so we can continue to stay in touch and more importantly support one another!

^Cuddle^

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Dimmie

Glad little K is on the road to recovery ... hope you get some well earned rest soon :)
I'm still confused about what and where we should be posting .... Caz (hello if you are reading) has said that if we want to talk in detail about parenting and our babies then we should move over to the babydust area... so really not sure why this thread has been set up?

Anyway ... I have created a thread here: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=257981.new#new
hopefully this was the right thing to do?

Ladies .. why not move over to this section and say hello ..

Loads of love
MM xxx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ok, slightly confused, have now read the stuff on posting and stuff and the ensuing debate (now locked!). Am slightly nervous about posting.

I do get the feeling that being pregnant after struggling to get there (and after going through the madness of the ARGC) is quite different to falling pregnant naturally - the paranoia surely can't be equalled? And I know that I have not had to go through half as much as some of the ladies on here. Anyway, I have found keeping in touch with lots of you on the preg thread very supportive and encouraging so hopefully we can keep this going whilst not going into every detail..... Getting pregnant after fertility treatment is inextricably linked to the infertility that we went through before it - although of course I realise how very lucky we have been.

I actually found looking at the preg board pre-BFP very encouraging too - particularly when I saw ladies with a similar history - it was just so encouraging as I felt like it was impossible for me to conceive. I understand that not everyone feels the same way, and it may be harder if you have been through several unsuccessful cycles.

Anyway, I guess I am just trying to say that I would really like to keep some sort of thread going - hopefully within the rules that have been set although worried with every post that I may have broken them - arrrgh!!

Big hello to all you lovely ladies anyway

Tabith xxxx

·
Registered
467 Posts
As recommended in a previous post by the mods - I have set up a chat facility elsewhere in cyber space.
PM me if you'd like to join us ... I can give you the details

Thanks
Millie x

·
Registered
959 Posts
i just read the rules and hmmm dont know what to thin really. I have joined the twins FF but everyone is so far along that i kinda get missed. Edie has replied to me a few times and maybe one or two others - but it def does not feel like home

Home is here..with you guys..tabith i am confused as well about what we can do

Millie, KA , Zani, i have been following you guys for ages and your experience is so valuable . Hope you settle into the new home that millie has set up

well betetr not write too much about me apart from NHS have lost my notes hence i hadnt recieved my 12 week scan appt. Not too concerned anyway as am def going to the FMC but want to see a cons asap so i get my clex FREE...

hope everyone else is ok. I am soooooooooooooolookign forward to the weekend :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
come and join us in our new home ..... you and anyone else reading are more than welcome xxx
PM me and I'll give you the details xxx

·
Registered
959 Posts
millie sent you a PM .
couldnt post on that thread - is it locked?

·
Registered
467 Posts
yup  :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
call me thick..but  i havent got a clue what is going on. why have they locked it? have you been a naughty girl Millie..??

i just had a nose bleed and dh said its because the babies are wriggling and i believed him!!  so yes i am offically thick with pregnancy and flamin FF ....

·
Registered
467 Posts
hahahaha you're sooo sweet  ;D  naughty DH telling you that, it's soooooooooooo not true!
I often had nosebleeds during my pregnancy with E .. so don't worry.

No not been a naughty girl, just that FF doesn't want to have a thread that is specific to just us and would prefer us to join generic threads .. a few of us have had a chat today and that doesn't really work for us for a number of reasons .. so as recommended by the mod, I've set up a group elsewhere in cyberspace.
I've PM'd you the details ..

Love Mills xx

·
Registered
195 Posts
NJO - thanks hun  :)  I've been following your journey too and will continue to do so until your twinnies arrive and beyond! Hope to see u in the other group that's being set up.

Can't believe your NHS notes have been lost  ^bigbad^  Fingers crossed they find them asap and you get that consultant appointment and your free clexane very soon.

Hi to everyone else,

Zani x

1 - 20 of 341 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.