Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got the info pack from the ARGC.  Does anyone know what the Immune blood screening for £780 includes please?  Thanks girls.  Jo x :)

G

·
Full chicago immunes - NK activity, IVIG assays etc, clotting tests (I think), Thyroid tests....put it this way there is unlikely to be anywhere in the UK that does more tests!! It is 2 sides of A4

xxx

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And do they carry out that test as a basic test on everybody?  I would like to be tested for everything and just wondered if they would start off doing it on me? :)

G

·
Not routinely - depends on past history and txs etc - but if you say you really want it then I am sure they will oblige :). See what they say....

xxx

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hello - I was interested in the price too - George Ndukwe at CARE Nottingham charges approx £3,000 for Chicago tests. Does anyone know if they are therefore different/ or additional tests to justify 3k? It seems a little steep to be sending 6 vials of blood off to Chicago for testing when ARGC only charge £780!

Also, I've heard that the immunes are done at the mid-cycle scan - is there a reason for this at this time or can they be done at the initial appointment instead?

Thanks,

loui

G

·
Ideally they like to do them as close to Tx as poss I think....3K at CARE - WOW that is ridiculous!!! - it's 17 vials at ARGC BTW :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
ARGC will usually do them during your monitoring cycle, usually close to the start as it can take 3 weeks for the results to come back and be reviewed by Mr T.  They will only draw the blood in the morning Monday to Thursday as they have to allow time for the courier to pick them up and for them to be shipped overnight to Chicago. 

£3k  :eek:  I'd expect gold plated vials for that!  Are you sure that's an accurate number, I understood that CARE's cost was ~£1500?  Even so, still a big mark up on ARGC's costs. 

·
Registered
814 Posts
Lily - I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is what some girls were quoting. Sorry to be useless! Thanks for the info on when the immunes are done.

Loui

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi girls, thanks for the responses.  In response to the query re CARE's prices, I have the price list in front of me.

Package 1: NK Assay, TH1:TH2, HLA DA Alpha (female, HLA DQ Alpha (male), MTHFR, LAD and review consultation is £1130
Package 2: NK Assay, TH1:TH2, HLA DA Alpha (female, HLA DQ Alpha (male), and review consultation is £945
Package 3: NK Assay Panel is £400
Package 4: NK Assay Panel and TH1:TH2 is £600
Package 5: NK Assay follow up Panel and TH1:TH2 is £520
Package 6: NK Assay follow up Panel or TH1:TH2 is £370
Package 7: Leukocyte Antibody Detection Panel is £250
Package 8: Endometrial Biopsy is £350

IVIg: £257.23 (if patient supplies own drug)
IVIg: £1282.87 (if drug supplied by Healthcare at Home)

Humira: £400 each dose

Jo
:)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
So you would only need package 1 + maybe the endo biopsy?  The rest of the packages are just various cominations of package 1 or follow ups.  I can see how you would spend 3k in tests + follow ups but not at the outset.

Does any of this include Thyroid function, T3/T4, Thyroid antibody tests?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts