Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Argc vs newlife vs dr gorgy

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mylittlepincushion 
#1 ·
Hi All!!

I hope i have not wrote this in the wrong place.
Im 36 years old and require pgd with ivf to avoid my pregnancy being affected by a genetic condition.
The whole process of finding a clinic that has good success rates for 36yo is daunting.
I was therefore hoping for advice on whether some of you are able to recommend either argc, newlife in Epsom or dr gorgy?

Many thanks

#2 ·
Hey hun - im at Newlife and love them there - they are so helpful but i have had 2 failed cycles - not their fault i am difficult with V low AMH and high killer cells etc - literally everything that could be wrong with me is!
I went to see Dr Gorgy and just found him (sorry if im wrong) happy to take my money for very little attn or any sort of in depth response - was asked to take my notes along earlier for him to review (he didnt bother after me getting it all together and posting a week in advance) all the expensive tests id already paid for he wanted repeated as only trusts his clinic???? And gave me a list of £3600 worth of tests following a 5 minutes (tops) appt - on the flip side i do know someone who was successful there but then i know loads successful at Newlife
Ive never been to ARGC so cant comment on them? I know Mr Gafar at Newlife came from there so i think they have some similar practices - i think go with the one your gut tells you to go with and also think about the distance to travel to each one - for me Newlife is 10 mins from my door so as you are there so much it makes a big difference!
Good luck!  ^hugme^

#3 ·
Ali2527 said:
Hey hun - im at Newlife and love them there - they are so helpful but i have had 2 failed cycles - not their fault i am difficult with V low AMH and high killer cells etc - literally everything that could be wrong with me is!
I went to see Dr Gorgy and just found him (sorry if im wrong) happy to take my money for very little attn or any sort of in depth response - was asked to take my notes along earlier for him to review (he didnt bother after me getting it all together and posting a week in advance) all the expensive tests id already paid for he wanted repeated as only trusts his clinic???? And gave me a list of £3600 worth of tests following a 5 minutes (tops) appt - on the flip side i do know someone who was successful there but then i know loads successful at Newlife
Ive never been to ARGC so cant comment on them? I know Mr Gafar at Newlife came from there so i think they have some similar practices - i think go with the one your gut tells you to go with and also think about the distance to travel to each one - for me Newlife is 10 mins from my door so as you are there so much it makes a big difference!
Good luck! ^hugme^
Oh wow that's so strange to hear about dr Gorgy - he accepted all of my tests from private clinics? And I was in there for an hour with him going over literally everything.
Their admin are a bit naff though so I don't think I'd do a full cycle there.

CRGH are meant to be very good - I know a few pgd people there who've had success x

#4 ·
I'm at Care Nottingham who include PGS in their PGD process. Blastocysts are first PGD'd and then those that are free of the genetic condition are PGS tested before normal ones only are then transferred. I think this is a huge advantage, especially for ladies of an older age like me! I would recommend Care Nottingham. Perhaps there's a closer Care to you that you'd consider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.