Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zita West (Gawd love 'er) suggests taking arnica 6c potency four times a day starting the day before EC until after ET.  I was thinking about doing this as both my previous ECs have been a bit 'nasty' (ie lots of jabbing about after follicles that float around).  Having said that I never seem to bleed after EC and it's just a bit sore. 

I had a biochemical pg last time so would like to do everything I can to get my womb all healed and ready before ET this time so there's every chance of implantation working. 

Does anyone know if this really makes a difference and whether there's any issues with it?  I know Zita is a clever and multi-talented woman but she's not a  qualified  homeopath as well is she?  Does she know enough about this to recommend it safely?

All views would be appreciated, especially if you're a homeopath!   I'm probably having EC on 4th Feb if I stim according to plan.

thanks
Claire xxx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way I didn't get any replies but I did have quite a sore tum after EC so I used some arnica.  It did seem to clear up the soreness and had the added advantage of completely getting rid of my injection bruises, especially the HCG one!

I only took it for one day after EC and not on day of ET, didn't dare!

Claire x

G

·
Claire,

Have sent you an IM, but for anyone else reading the thread...

My homeopath gave me Arnica 200 for day before EC, day of EC and 2 days post EC.

Both times I have been fine after EC - a few achey twinges, but no real pain.  So either I have been lucky or the arnica has really worked!

Worth talking to a homeopath about it.

Ali

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Ladies

I wonder if you can help me I'm currently stimming for my 3rd ICSI cycle along with Hypno, Acu and reflex ;D I've also been taking lots of vitamins recommended by Zita West,

I have read in the Zita West book about taking Arnica for 4 days around EC/ET and have also been chatting  about arnica with a girl on another board and was really keen until she had her 2nd Biochem while using arnica. I know its probably nothing to do with the arnica but it has worried me a little!

Does anyone have any positive stories they can share with me?

Many Thanks
Rach

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi

I was told yest by my consultant that im having a planned c~section this Friday ......could you tell me if arnica tablets will help the healing ? if so when do i start taking them ??......

Thank you

Love HopeXXXXX

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I've taken arnica pills when I've had lap/dyes and they do seem to help the healing process...my consultant said they were good too !!  I don't start taking them until after the operation so I'd assume would be the same with you....

You can buy them in Boots very cheaply...

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey
I was given Arnica 200 - 1 dose at beginning of 2nd stage then 1 immediately after birth.
Think I then took one or two lower 'dose' for the next few days.
Obviously this was not a c-section - but - if you take before, some will go to the baby, and acts against haemorrhage - which means they don't need vitamin K.
In summary, I would take one just before and then start a course after.

HTH

Hope all goes well

jenjen

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
i would advise you speak to your midwife before you start taking them. A lot of surgeons advise NOT to take prior to surgery. She should know what the protocol of the hospital is as they are pretty potent. probably after the section should be fine though.
good luck on Friday!
pobby x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
pobby said:
i would advise you speak to your midwife before you start taking them. A lot of surgeons advise NOT to take prior to surgery. She should know what the protocol of the hospital is as they are pretty potent. probably after the section should be fine though.
good luck on Friday!
pobby x
I have to say I agree with pobby....as I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't start taking the arnica until after the op...as per the instructions....and as pobby says, if you do plan on taking them before your c-section you should really speak with your midwife...

Good luck
Natasha

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
I took them before and after my C Sect - I am convinced they help with healing

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi

I am going for egg collection for IVF on Wednesday.  Zita West recommends that you take 6c of Arnica the day before to assist with healing.  I have bought some Arnica but have just realised that it is 30c.

...does anyone know whether or not I will be ok to take it at this strength or will need to buy a different one???

Thanking you in advance for your feedback
Anna x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Anna

I am sure the 30c will be fine to take ;)  Being homeopathic it will do no harm :)

All the very best of luck with EC :)

Jennifer xx

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks Jennifer x

·
Registered
569 Posts
I know that this is not strictly speaking a question re fertility, but I am reading conflicting information elsewhere on the net and felt that I wanted to ask the question on a site that I trust!

I have been told that Arnica is benificial to take in labour, but I don't know what strength.

Is anyone able to give me some advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi

I had a c-section last Friday and have some bad bruising/bleeding and have heard that taking arnica can help the healing process. I cannot find out what the correct dosage is - does anybody know this?

Thanks
Tara

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hey hon, congratulations! Hope all's well with you (apart from the bruising of course!) and bubs! ^hugme^

Sorry not a clue about dosage but it might be worth asking the other girls on baby dust as there may be others there who've taken arnica for the same reason? Failing that try the preg board on the ARGC thread as I know some of the girls there use arnica to help with the bruising from the clexane jabs???

xxx

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Good evening,
Just a quick one! Does anyone know if it's ok to take arnica whilst DR?? I spoke to a phamisist and she seemed to think it was ok but I just want to double check!!

Thanks

Jess x

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hi

I think lots of people use arnica during tx to avoid bruising from all the jabbing. And I think as a general rule, you can trust your pharmacist, they tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to what you can take during tx/pregnancy :) I remember I couldn't even buy throat sweets when I was preg ;D

Good luck with your cycle hon ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts