Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that whilst pg or ttc that you shouldn t use these oils in products. I know you shouldnt use them dirrectly. But my shampoo says it has herbal blend of jasmine and ylang ylang(herbal essences) etc. The bath foam stuff says this too.. should i avoid it??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure of answer, although I would say that it wouldn't hurt to avoid them, I know people avoid using almond oil as a carrier if they have a nut allergy, just in case.
The only oils which are safe to use in pregnancy are the citrus oils.
Sorry can't be of more help.
Julie Q

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
My understanding is to avoid the pure concentrated oils that you would buy.  I would imagine that anything in a foam bath, shampoo is very very diluted - and would not harm you.    You can tell by the price that they havnt used to much of the concentrate as pure oils are usually quite expensive for a small bottle.  I am not an expert on this but this was my understanding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
apparently so. I have done aromatherapy with some groups i work with for my job and i actually work with a qualified person who does this. It is true about the oils u are really not supposed to use them whilst ttc or pregnant as it has something in the oils that causes miscarriges and can damage baby.

I would really try to avoild any thing like that.

When i work with people i ask them first about getting pregnant or being pregnant because i dont use anything on these people.

Good luck with ttc and lots of baby dust ur way.

mandyw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.