Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone tell me which oil are best used for helping with fertility. I am doing a course at the college and we have not got to the oil stage yet, but when we do i would like to make sure i am using the ones which will help my fertility

Thanks for any help
Sahara

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi there,

First of all I'm not a practising aromatherapist, I have not undertaken any courses in aromatherapy but I take an interest in aromatherapy and have been using it uptil the the time I found out I was pregnant. 

I have been using the book "Practical Aromatherapy" by Penny Rich for aromatherapy at home.  There is nothing specific regarding fertility however the following areas are covered with suggestions on which oils you could use (obviously you would just select one or two oils out of the selection rather than using the whole lot!):

PMT
geranium, lavender, rose, chamomile, sandalwood (calming, balancing hormones); bergamot, jasmine, juniper, clary sage (emotionally uplifting); cypress, fennel, tarragon, laurel (fluid retention cramps); peppermint (energising).  For cramps the book suggests eucalyptus, lemon, marjoram, ambrette seeds, ylang-ylang, neroli.

For Sexual Problems
Ylang-ylang, clary sage, ginger, jasmine, neroli, patchouli, rose, rosewood, sandalwood, geranium.

As you probably know some oils can be burnt in a burner, inhaled from a tissue (you would need to check which ones are safe to be inhaled).  Some oils can be massaged in using a carrier oil - again you would need to check which ones are safe to be massaged in.  Usually you would add a few drops of oil to a carrier oil (eg olive oil)  You would need 30 to 60ml of carrier oil.  Some oils can be dropped in the bath - again you would need to check that the oils are safe to be used in this method.

If you can get hold of the book I have it is very useful and easily understood.  It's ISBN number is 0-75257-748-4

Good luck with your treatment

Gina

1 - 2 of 2 Posts