Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I started sniffing to d/r on 14 September. Since the 11 September I have had quite bad dizzy spells. I know its not the drugs as it started before I took them and it hasn't happened on any other cycle.

My mom and sister suffer from vertigo so I am almost sure this is what it is.

My question is this. My dh wants me to see our gp. If I go to her will she stop my IVF cycle? I really don't want to have to stop if possible. Do you know if I can take anything such as travel sickness tabs as thats what my mom takes?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Love, Rachel xx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Rachel,

Im sorry im not a nurse, but can completely sympathise with your situation as I had a similar one.

Im under the impression that anything that you say to your GP can only be between the two of you, otherwise wouldnt this be breaking patient, doctor confidentiality ?

I know you really dont want your cycle to be abandoned but its so important you are in peak health especially as there is an operation at the end for EC.  When I went to my doctor she did not contact the clinic, although she strongly recomended I spoke to them myself.

Good luck in whatever you decide hun, I know its a difficult one, but no treatment is worth putting yourself in any danger health wise, unfortunately when we are on treatment we dont tend to think very logically or realistically do we, I know I dont, thats why taking DH's advice might be a good idea as he will have more perspective on the situation.

Love and Hugs
Andrea

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Rachel Lucy

please speak to the clinic about this they will be able to advice what to take that wont interfer with IVF drugs and andrear is right they is no point in putting your health at risk for the treatments sake

it really depends on how bad the dizziness is too can you mange it differently ? IE dont get up too quicky dont rush around etc

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
HIya

I'm with the others I am afraid on this and I think you should see your GP.  It may be that it is nothing at all to worry about.

I personally have had dizzy spells when I had a unpainful ear infection and more recently when I have been stressed about something.

Take care

Clare

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi girls

Thank you all so much for your replies.  :-* Sorry it has taken me so long to thank you, I have been feeling really off for the last few days and had hectic few days too!

I made an appointment with my gp this morning (was amazed as I cant usually get in for a few days!) She checked my ears, vision, blood pressure etc etc and I have no infections. It would appear that I probably follow my mom with the vertigo thing. She has prescribed some tablets that I can take whilst tx'ing so hopefully they will help.

Thank you all again so much for your replies

Lots of love, Rachel xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts