Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

ASK A NURSE - Clots and Aspirin ??? - PLEASE HELP ME

431 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ruth 
#1 ·
Hi Girls

I hope someone can help me.

I currently down-regging and I'm due to have a donor egg cycle in Barcelona.

When I was there the Dr was very keen for me to take folic acid.  He said not only does it help prevent spina bifida but also helps with implantation.  I have been taking pregnacare for over two years.  I also asked him about baby aspirin.  I have always took it and when I got pregnant with my little boy I took it until I was 12 weeks.  The Dr dismissed baby aspirin and said it was only good for women who have had miscarriages.

My question is I'm taking my pregnacare but for the last month I have also been taking an extra supplement of folic acid.  But this month my period has been very "cloty".  Is this because of the extra folic acid or is it the drugs or is it someting else ?  Do you think I should take the baby aspirin because my period is cloty or is it ok to have periods like this and get pregnant ? Or should I not take the extra folic acid supplement ?

OMG I have asked so many questions !!!!.  I don't know what to do for the best.  I have read that in Australia they recommend 700mg of folic acid.  Also because I took baby aspirin with my little boy how do I know that I don't suffer with miscarriages  - If you know what I mean ??

I hope someone can help me.  I think I'm going mad  ^confused^ .

Thanks girls, Natalie xxx

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Ruth

Thank you very very much for your reply  :-*

I don't know what we would do without you.

Natalie xxx

ps, thanks for your im i think if IM doesn't work out I might be giving you a ring.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.