Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wondering if some one would be able to give me abit of advice.

i am currently under the care of the mental health team and have been since i was 13 yrs old, due to not having a very good childhood, i suffered from all kinds of abuse and many other problems. I have been on mediacation for many years, i have currently been taking:
seroquel/Quetiapine 800mg pr day
Efexor XL/venlafaxine 75mg pr day
Diazepam 6mg pr day
Temazepam 10mg alternate nights

all these tablets were prescribed due to me suffering from paranoid thoughts, anxiety, panick attacks, depression. I now believe I am better and would love to start a family with a very understanding DP, (ttc 3 1/2 yrs). I approached my GP as i was not conceiving, she was quite understanding  she ask for my DP to have SA test 1st, they came back fine so i then had CD21 blood tests to see if iwas oving, they came back fine. so she then referred me to the hosp to see gynae last February ihave app 01/10/04, within this time i gradually stopped taking my meds without my Phsyciartrist knowing as i didn't want them to harm embryo if i did happen to conceive  naturally, i eventually told my CPN that i had stopped taking my meds last week as i felt it was important for her to know, she knows how much i want to start a family. I am very worried now as she told my phsyciartrist that i have stopped the meds and he has brought my app with him forward, he wants to see me tomorrow instead of 15/10/04,
* Can he stopped me receiving any TX i may be offered if i need any?
* Can a mental illness prevent me from receiving any sort of TX to help me conceive even thou i don't feel ill any more?
*  If my phsyciartrist asks me to start taking meds again would the above meds harm a baby?

I understand if you can not answer any of these questions.

Any advice would be very grateful,

Many Thanks
Sarah xxxx       

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Don't worry as yet. I would think the appointment was brought forward to ensure they can monitor you effectively as you come off the drugs. It is possible for him to stop you having treament as all centres have an obligation to consult with other health professionals involved with you before starting any treatment but if you are open to discussing your ongoing care, I am sure they will be supportive of what you want to achieve. I can't advise you on whether meds would harm a baby, I am sure they will go through that with you.
Good luck!!

Ruth

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ruth

i would just like to thank you for your reply, i t was nice to hear someone's opinion other than my CPN's, thank you im off to see him tomorrow so im going to write down some things i need to ask him and talk to him about, i knew deep down that he would be able to have a say in weather or not i could receive TX, my CPN said that he wouldn't be able to but i knew that he would be able to if he thought i wasn't ill enough, but i know i am and i will have allot of support off DP. so i suppose we'll have to do allot of chatting tomorrow.

Many thanks
Sarahxxxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts