Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seen by so many different doctors and had so many different opinions that I am confused and have so amny unanswered questions.

I have endo have had 2 laps and ablation so I have a lot of adhesions, apparently after the last lap my endo had disappeared!?

I think that from 21 day blood test that I ovulate but I know that there are natural signs of ovulation such as mucus. Do you have to see this to have ovulated? If I don't see it one month during my cycle does this mean I havent ovulated?

I have also been told that my egg quality will be affected as I am 36 now, Im past my sell by date?

Am I living in false hope? Should I give up ttc?

I have had 1 attempt at IVF and can't believe the emotional strain it has put on me and DH.None of my embies went to blast and despite reassurances from the clinic I believe that my egg quality is to blame.

Any comments anyone?

F
xx

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It is so difficult when you get lots of differnt advice and I´ll just be adding to it but here goes!
You don´t always have to see the mucos to have ovulated. 36 is not past your sell by date as plenty of women conceive at that age, it´s just known that the younger you are the more chance there is, but your chances are not 0.
Just because you embies didn´t get to blastocyst on that one cycle doesn´t mean you can´t conceive. Potentially every cycle there may be an embryo but sometimes they implant and sometimes they don´t. Also bear in mind that sometimes, embryos just don´t like being outside the body but natural conception can happen.
I would suggest that you monitor your cycle yourself using LH kits to confirm ovulation is happening and go for it! Never give up! If there is one thing I have learnt from everyone here, is that there is always hope.

Ruth

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruth

Thank you so much, it's good to hear something positive.

I worry so much that i give myself false hope.

There has to come a time when I have to face the reality I
will not have children. I suspose it all depends on how far myself and DH are prepared to go.

Many thanks again,

F
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts