Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya !

I am just starting out on my 7th ICSI !
1st go - no response, 2nd Neg, 3rd Neg, 4th POS mc 9 wks, 5th no embies to transfer, 6th Neg - phew!

The only time i got a BFP was the time i took 75mg Aspirin (prescribed by myself). I stopped taking it at 7 wks pregnant after a pharmacist freaked me out when I went to buy some more, Not sure whether this contributed to the mc or just a coincidence? I asked my clinic (CARE) whether I should take it this time - and they said it is up to me !!!!! I am 70-30 for taking it at the moment - any positive stories out there.

Good luck to everyone going thru this.
Karenx
Me 35, dh 41

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Karen

I've moved to your post to here  ;)

The ladies on here have lots of knowledge of 'going through treatment' and I hope you get some help and support.

Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emma x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello again Karen

I just wanted to also point our Introductions thread to you ;)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=10.0

Fell free to pop over and introduce yourself. The moderators there, and members, will also give you the links to some helpful threads, and they have an evening in the chat room for new members too.

Love

Emma

·
Registered
849 Posts
i don't have any real answers however when i went for my last lot of test (no results yet) they did mention that its possible that i would have to go on baby asprin - i cant remember why however it was going to be for the first 6 months of the preg if i got to that stage  ^pray^ ^pray^
welcome to ff
hope someone will be able to help you
kate

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hi Karen,

I have never had icsi or ivf but i do have a history of recurrent miscrriages as you can see by my profile. I found out i was pregnant in march and it was a total surprise, my fertility dr had recomennded i commence 75mg of asprin. So i did!!!

I have had 5 scans and all is fine so far but am still taking my asprin and will continue to until told otherwise!! I don't know whether it was the asprin that made a difference but i cant say it wasnt ;D

I hope this tale helps!!!

Luv V xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Karen

Have you tried to talk to your clinic about this ???  I believe that if you have experienced a m/c then they would normally advice you to take asprin.

All the best

x x x x

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi,
My clinic prescribed me aspirin for my second and third DIVF and I got a BFP on the third. I haven't miscarried in the past, it is just something they do as standard. I did, however, have two big bleeds at week five and six and the doctor took me off the aspirin once they saw heartbeats..

don't know if this helps, but thought i'd share  :)

alice xx

G

·
Hi there

Please don't be satisfied with them telling you to make your own mind up!!! They are your doctors and you are paying (I assume?!) - they should be advising you about all meds..... Even though Aspirin is a regularly used thing - it is still a medicine; the use of which you should be advised about  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Good luck with the re-discussion!

xxx

·
Registered
448 Posts
i say take the aspirin. My IVF clinic didn't have a strong opinion either but a private consultant i had clomid and IUI with previously said i should take it if i ever got a BFP.

I took it and this is the first pregnancy i didn't miscarry (after two miscarriages). I also took progesterone suppositories until 14 weeks this time.

I never tested positive for a clotting disorder but who knows, the aspirin could have been what did the trick. I was told it couldn't hurt. In fact I'm still taking it at 30 weeks though i'm going to stop soon.

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
If your clinic can't give you a definate answer then I would take it.  If you didn't then you might think what if  :)  :)

Sometimes they just sit on the fence and don't really offer any real help.

x x x

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi there

just to add to the debate (sorry).  I was prescribed baby aspirin my third tx and would have been on it for 13w...but had a mmc confirmed at 9.5w.  This most recent cycle I was at a new clinic and they said not to bother with it.....and I have a dd....

So not sure really save to say that I dont think you can necessarily link stopping it with your previous loss.

Hope this tx brings you your dream whatever you decide.

as an aside I also would have been on progesterone for 10w the third cycle and was only put on it for 2w this cycle...go figure.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi

Just to add I was advised to take 75mg of asprin on my cycle of IVF (from ET) - tx resulted in a BFP and continued taking asprin until 12 weeks.

Who knows.........

Good luck to anyone having tx.......

Nacknick. xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts