Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

Just prior to egg collection this morning, the consultant doing this procedure asked if we had considered assisted hatching should things go well further down the line. We were a bit thrown by this as it's not been raised as an option before, but when he talked it through it would appear we meet some of the criteria! ie. 2 failed cycles (in fact last time round we'd have met this), plus raised fsh level. The egg shells have not been analysed for thickness/hardness so we don't know whether or not there might be an issue there. We had a BFP on our last cycle, but one embryo came away during implantation (a clear indentation in my lining could be seen on the review scan), the other didn't appear to implant at all.

Has anyone had any success with ICSI plus assisted hatching? I think we've pretty much made up our mind to go with this if we are fortunate to have embryos to transfer in a couple of days' time, as this will be our last go and we're desperate to do everything we can - it feels like this might just be the added extra that might make a difference. It would just be good to hear some positive stories all the same to reassure us we're headed in the right direction!

Many thanks
Em.xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Em

We had assisted hatching on our 3rd cycle of ICSI, the result of which is singing to himself in bed right now. Our clinic advised AH when transferring the 2 embryos, as the shell on 1 was 'looking a bit thick'.  In the end they did AH on both and we got our BFP.  Since then we moved house, so had a cycle with a different clinic which was a disaster, and not just because of the outcome, so we returned back to our clinic. 
The very best of luck with your transfer  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
DJ xx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this, DJ - good to hear your very positive story! The embryologist did reassure us that we can talk this through in the morning when we get the phonecall prior to transfer (fingers crossed!) - they'll take a good look at shell thickness anyway.

Amazing how much difference there can be between experiences in one clinic and another (we changed clinics for this final cycle) - hope you have a much better time back with your old one.

xx

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
i had assissted hatching- still early days for me but so far so good- never got this far before! A girl on my thread had it and her little girl is nearly 1 now!

good luck xxx

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Everyone,
We have had assisted hatching on our current ICSI cycle - Am currently on dreaded 2ww!! This is our second cycle - First cycle was IVF which resulted in a BFP but then turned out to be a chemical pregnancy.
I am really hoping that the assisted hatching gets us further this time but will update once test date arrives.
Good luck to everyone.
OJ72LJ xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Best of luck for your 2WW OJ72LJ  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all very much for your replies!

x

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi all, just stumbled on this thread and read with interest.  I have been considering AH for my up-coming ICSI which I start stimming for around 25th March.  My first two IVF/ICSI on the NHS were a disaster and I didn't even get to ET but one thing that did come out of it was that my eggs have a hard shell.  My most recent ICSI abroad was much more successful as I got to ET for the first time but no implantation, so I figured AH could help me when I go again  :-\  Juls and DJ, your great stories have helped confirm my feelings  :)  and Em and OJ I'll be watching with interest to see how you both get on.  Wishing you both all the luck in the world  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love to all  :-*

Izzi xXx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Izzi
Best of luck with your cycle  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

DJ x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Em,

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your lickle embie to hang aroun.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I have the most gorgeous 7 year old sat playing away lovely on the Computer in front of me right now, who is the result of me having Assisted Hatching on my 6th ICSI cycle back in 2003.... so it get's a thumbs up from me as it was the only cycle we had it done with.

Sue xx

·
Registered
784 Posts
DJ, thanks very much for the good wishes  ;)

Sue, great to hear another success story and Iestyn looks lovely  :)

Izzi xXx

·
Registered
784 Posts
Morning ladies,

OJ, just wanted to say thinking of you this morning and hoping that the AH has got you your BFP and it's a stayer  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Izzi xXx

·
Registered
145 Posts
Morning - Good news = Got my  ^BFP^ this morning. ICSI with assisted hatching has done the trick. Just hope it sticks this time.
Good luck to everyone else xx

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ah that's fantastic news OJ, so sooooooo pleased for you  ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^clapping^  Well that's my mind made up, I'm off to my clinic later today or tomorrow and I'm definitely asking for AH  :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations, OJ! Excellent news!  :) Good luck with forthcoming scans etc. etc.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Two more days to go til OTD for us....positivity is so up and down at the moment (and knicker-checking in full swing....aaargh!), but just about staying sane....

xx

·
Registered
784 Posts
Em, will be watching out for your result on Sunday and  ^pray^ ^pray^  for another BFP to add to OJs good news, hope the next couple of days don't drive you too nuts  ^2ww^

·
Registered
647 Posts
Many congratulations OJ - fabulous news  ^hugme^
Em - best of luck for OTD ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and staying sane until then ;)  :)

Izzi - best of luck for E/T later  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the lovely messages everyone! I am on cloud 9.
Good luck to you all for OTD's and Izzi on your ET later x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts