Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peter

1.What are your thoughts on this? I. am 39 and have had 3 failed IVFs with good embies(one low chemical) no other factor involved (bar my age). the two blasts in question came from a batch of 6 which all made it to blast and the fresh cycle where we got the chemical so I am hopeful they will be the ones. My clinic (in the USA - SIRM LV) is happy to do AH on the basis it cant do any harm but other clinics do it as routine for frozen cycles (admittedly 3 day not 5/6) or older patients

2.My clinic says embies that grow too fast are abnormal - by that I understand they mean greater than 10 cell day 3 - is that your experience?

3. I have been ttc for some time and have heard may stories where day 3 txs fail repeatedly and the first blast tx works - our first chemical was a blast tx . Do some womens embies just do better when tx as blasts? We are using a fertile and experienced surrogate so uterine factors are unlikely. Statistcally our clinic says they get comparible results with 3 day tx as blast tx where the embies look good on day 3 (poorer day 3 embies making it to blast far better over all).

4.Mine tend to be 8-10 cell day 3 verring towards an av of 9 cell (is an odd number bad?) but grade 1 and 2 (1 being the best)

sorry to ask so many questions!!
Pandora

·
Registered
856 Posts
pandora said:
Peter

1.What are your thoughts on this? I. am 39 and have had 3 failed IVFs with good embies(one low chemical) no other factor involved (bar my age). the two blasts in question came from a batch of 6 which all made it to blast and the fresh cycle where we got the chemical so I am hopeful they will be the ones. My clinic (in the USA - SIRM LV) is happy to do AH on the basis it cant do any harm but other clinics do it as routine for frozen cycles (admittedly 3 day not 5/6) or older patients

AH may help you but make sure that the embryologists are experienced in the technique

2.My clinic says embies that grow too fast are abnormal - by that I understand they mean greater than 10 cell day 3 - is that your experience?

Day 3 should be about 8-10 cells, more than that may indicate and abnormaility

3. I have been ttc for some time and have heard may stories where day 3 txs fail repeatedly and the first blast tx works - our first chemical was a blast tx . Do some womens embies just do better when tx as blasts?

Yes, my clinic (Markham Fertility Centre) trtansfers balstos only and the success rates are excellent.

We are using a fertile and experienced surrogate so uterine factors are unlikely. Statistcally our clinic says they get comparible results with 3 day tx as blast tx where the embies look good on day 3 (poorer day 3 embies making it to blast far better over all).

4.Mine tend to be 8-10 cell day 3 verring towards an av of 9 cell (is an odd number bad?)

No, this is OK

but grade 1 and 2 (1 being the best)

They sound like very good embryos, aneuploidy screening might be useful to assess the true qualoty of the embryos.

Good luck!

Peter

sorry to ask so many questions!!
Pandora

1 - 2 of 2 Posts