Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wondered at what age you can usea cot bumper?

Lewis went into his cot for the first time last night, and DP told me 2nite that last night when giving him his dream feed his leg was hanging out of the cot and it really owrried him that he would hurt himself. Also he has been sleeping through most night but this morning he woke me at 5am (its uaually at 4am if he wants a feed) and i think the only reason he woke was because he had managed to work himself right into the corner of the cot so he had a foot hanging out and his head wedged in the corner  ^idiot^

If i cant use a cot bumper at this age can anyone recommend anything to stop him wiggling like crazy? I didnt realise he could move so much  ;D no wonder he was getting fed up of his moses  ;D

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Cot bumpers aren't recommended until they are 12 months old but then they say to stop using them once the child is mobile as he/she could use them to climb out.

However, I put them on ds's crib when he was a few months old as he would wake us up banging his head against the bars so really it's up to you. I did make sure the bottom was tucked under the mattress so he couldn't get his head underneath and also that the ties were out of the way.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks Chux,

Ill try and leave it and see how we go. We have put him back in his moses in his cot tonight.

Do you know what the actual dangers are of using them under 12 months?

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Potential dangers include getting hold of the ties, getting their head under the bumper, and also overheating as it's like putting a duvet on their head.

Makes you wonder why they bother making them doesn't it??

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
I've got a crib bumper cos C was forever getting his arms stuck in the bars!!

Now that C is in his cotbed, I've tied the crib bumper along one side of the cot IYSWIM as the other side is against the wall. But, I've only put it there for familiarity mainly.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks girls,

Last night i put him in his grobag and he was in the same place i left him  ;D and he slept through so will strip a layer off and use that i think

What i will do in the summer, gawd knows  ;D

Nikki xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.