2 Boys = 8
2 Girls = 7
1 of Each = 16

Twin Bumpers

Shelley121 - EDD 15/08/05 2 Suprises!!

Joana (Jo) - EDD 07/10/05 2 Suprises!!

Auggie - EDD 09/10/05 2 Suprises!!
Jasper (Char) - EDD 14/10/05 - ^blueted^ ^blueted^

KatyA (Katy) - EDD 18/10/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Sal1136 (Sal) - EDD 19/10/05 2 Surprises!!

Squew (Sue) - EDD 26/10/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Dinoswife (Orla)- EDD 28/10/05 - 2 Surprises !!

Buzz - EDD 15/11/05 - ^blueted^ ^pinkted^

AussieMeg (Megan) EDD 18/11/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Lilypie (Helen) EDD 2/12/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Longbaygirl (Joy) - EDD 2/12/05 ^blueted^ ^blueted^

Tintail - EDD 4/12/05 ^blueted^ and 1 Surprise!!

Andy99 - EDD 5/12/05 ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^

Bex - EDD 10/12/05 ^blueted^ ^blueted^

DebbieA (Debbie) - EDD 14/12/05 - ^blueted^ ^pinkted^

Lisa-anne (Lisa) - 17/12/05 - 2 Surprises!!

Debbie C - 25/12/05 -2 Surprises!!

Sheila - EDD 01/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

DizzyIzzy - EDD 01/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Karray (Karen) - EDD 08/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Country Girl - EDD 10/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Karry (Karen) - EDD 10/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Tracey J - EDD 15/01/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Caro70 (Caroline) EDD 17/01/06 - ^pinkted^ & ^pinkted^

Jellyhead (Jayne) - EDD 01/02/06 - 2 Surprises!!

TJ71 (Tiggy) - EDD 01/02/06 - 2 Surprises!!

LittleJen (Jen) - EDD 18/02/06 - 2 Surprises!!

Fitou-EDD 26/02/06 -2 Surprises!!

Ambar - EDD-02/02/06 -2 Surprises!!

KarenC - EDD 07/03/06-2 Surprises!!

EDD??
Zippy - ^blueted^ ^pinkted^
Tulip - - EDD ????-2 Identical Surprises!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi all,
Hope you're all well. We've had our 20 wk detailed scan today and the theory of our heartbeats of 153 & 158 meaning 2 girls has totally been thrown to the wind - we've had it confirmed that it's 2 boys !!!
They're both fine and weighing approx. 1lb each. Although due date is still for 16th December they are measuring about 7 - 10 days bigger at the moment - Paul was 12lb born though !!!
Speak soon, take care
Becky xxx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Everyone

Aussiemeg my EDD is 2-2-06, thank you for adding me to the list.

Caro70 would love to meet up, I will IM my details  :).

I've got my first appointment at Brighton Hospital tomorrow to meet the consultant, hope he nice and that all is going to plan.

I'm trying to catch up with the thread, so for now a big hello to everyone else, hope you all are well and enjoying the sunny weather.

Take care
Love Ambar xx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hiya

Bex - congrats on two boys! That's definately thrown the theory out!  ;D

Ambar - thx for your IM, have IM'd you back! Good luck tomorrow, hope he's nice. I've got my consultant appointment on Thursday but I know I don't like him as I've met him before  ::)

Bit late so won't hang about, hi everyone!
Cxx

·
Registered
238 Posts
Morning everyone...... ;D

I have got my first hospital appointment today ...at last it came... I get another scan HE HE will try and have a peek to see if there are any dangly bits!!  ;)
Everything was mad at the weekend...gasman came to change meter to find we had a bad gas leek and turned the gas off .... ever tried to cook a Sunday roast in the microwave  ;D ;D . Well i thought at least we have hot water from the shower and hey guess what next morning that broke too!! Gas fitter said it was dig up whole ground floor or re-pipe the gas.....so we went with the re-pipping....Ahhhhhhhhhhh well i am all gassed up again so all good! We have just put our loft plans in so we hope to hear by th end of Aug if we can do it.... if not then we will have 2 babies in our room till they are 16  ;D ;D
Hope you all are doing well.... me... I feel like the girl on Charlie and the choc factory...blowing up! ;D ;D
how are you Caroline?? hope you are well...
love Jelly belly xxx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Jelly Belly!  ;D (you must change your sign in name!)

How exciting for you! Hope you get so see something although I think it would be a very skilled sonographer to be able to see anything at 13 weeks. Even at 16 weeks I'm told it's only 80% sure - apparently sometimes the dangly bits get caught up and don't show up! (Ouch!)

Hmm, Sunday roast in a microwave, don't fancy trying it, meself! God luck with the plans, might be a bit squashed otherwise!  ;D

I'm absolutely fine thanks. I think I may have cracked the tiredness, either through eating better and sorting out the anaemia or it's just getting better. I still get tired but not the supernatural, "kill me now" sleepwalking tiredness I had!

Had ante-natal yoga again last night and twin one on the left must have really enjoyed one particular pose I got myself into - felt like she did a flip - really weird but rather lovely. Starting to feel blooming, and happier about my body shape than I have been. I'm told I look huge but it just makes me smile rather than punch people for once - it's definately all babies up front on me now.  ;D ;D :)

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing fine,
love
Caro
xx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Everyone

Well just got back from our first hospital appoitment, the consultant seems really nice, had a chat, blood pressure, glucose test, felt my tummy and said it felt like 16 wks, about right for twins.  That was it, I was hoping to see or hear them but to no avail and am booked in again for the 31st August.  Is this what normally happens?

Jelly Belly hope yours went well :)

Love
Ambar xx

·
Registered
949 Posts
HIya girlies

Can I join you?

Meg can you add me to your list. EDD supposed to be 7/8 March but doc told me they wouldn't let me go past 37 weeks so haven't quite worked that one out yet!  ;D

Feeling pretty naff again as usual.  HAven't chucked anything up today but had my usual morning retching and heaving and feel pretty seedy right now!

Got my next appointment at the twins clinic at my maternity hospital on Friday so just anxious to get there to make sure everything is progressing ok!

Hope you are all ok!

Love

Karen xxx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Oh Ambar - how disappointing. I have to ask to hear the babies at my hospital appointments, they don't offer.
Why don't you call your community midwife and arrange to see her and hear the heartbeats? Sometimes though, they don't like to try too early, in case they can't get them and you worry.
You will hear them soon and it will be worth the wait. I heard mine for the first time last Saturday - again, only because I asked. You have to be so pushy with the NHS!!  ;D ;D

Karen - welcome! Sorry you feel so poorly. It's just part of the whole joy of twins isn't it? I felt like poo right up to last week. Think of it as a good sign - extra hormones to make double trouble!  ;D Hope you feel better soon. Good luck on Friday.

Jelly - you back yet?

Love
Caro

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's meeeeeeeeee......

Hi ya Caro, hi Amber...hi girls....welcome Karen.... ;D
Well I had a fab scan really clear...... but was at a crappy angle to really get a good look at the bits and bobs!!! Also the poor Aussie girlie was chatting about my TX and where i had it done cos she has fertility probs (god that job must be so hard for her :-\) so i could not really focus on the scan,more on her.. ^Cuddle^ So it looks like we will have to go private to find out....anyone else going to find out??
Well i had no other tests done and was told that the midwife would come and see me at home to do my blood pressure etc, so was a bit bemused by the whole thing  :-\ :-\ (but i got to see my bubbas again ;D )
They also gave me a new due date which is the 01/02/04 (which was E/C day so that makes sense) Sorry Megan if you can change my dates pleaseeeeeeeeee ^Heart^
Caro when should i have the scan do you think 18 weeks???? I done the roast on Sunday gone and i did buy a pre-cooked chicken he he so it was only spuds and veg in the micro (it tasted ok.. ;))
Amber ....i too did not get to hear them, think we will have to ask like caro said!!
Hope you feel abit better soon Karen but hey it's so worth it!!! :) :) :) :)

Anyways twinnies will catch you all soon
love Jelly belly ;D

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hello,
Please could I join you ladies???  I have been too nervous to join any of the bun in the oven threads so far but I have been peeking!!! I am 14 weeks pregnant today (same due date as you Jelly Head) and so far, I've been really lucky, I haven't been sick at all - I just got a bit fussy with food for a bit but now feeling great, just very tired!  I look about 5 months pregnant - the steroids I am taking cannot be helping - I am really pleased actually as I have wanted this for so long, so it's great to really look pregnant!  Luckily I am being weaned off them so hopefully my appetite will go back to normal soon!!! 

I look forward to sharing this twin experience with you all!!!

Love Tiggy x

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hiya Jelly,

Glad you had a good scan! That must be such a hard job for something with IF probs, poor girl. Sorry you didn't get a clear pic of your bubbas but it won't be long before you can get one, and at least if you are paying for it, you can take your time!  ;D  If you bear in mind I have an 80% certainty at 16 weeks, it's however long you can wait really. Do you not get an anomaly scan at 20 weeks?

As for due dates, they make me laugh, mine changes depending on which midwife/sonographer/GP/consultant I see  ;D ;D

Tiggy - welcome and congrats on taking the brave leap over here!!  :)

Oh and one last thought for those of us due at Christmas. Someone has dared me to call my girls Holly and Ivy....!!! How cruel would that be?! Love the name Holly but at any time except Christmas!!

night night
xx

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi everyone,

you'll have to excuse me but i am soooo excited having come back from my 9 week scan.  It is official I have the most beautiful twins in the world (and that is not just the proud mother talking ;D ;D ;D - my DH says it's true and he is always right!!!)  They are gorgeous though.  we could see them wriggling around and it just made the whole tiredness/sickiness cr*p all worthwhile.  Have just been round mothercare looking at all the cots and travel things.  Nearly burst into tears looking at the little socks and sleep suits - it has suddenly become so real, even the nappy section was wonderful. 

Hi Tiggy - nice to see you here.

Karen - hope you are ok

Jelly - glad your scan went fine.

Fitouxxx

·
Registered
371 Posts
hi girls

I am being a grump because I hate the new location of our thread. Who thinks it would be better if we just went back to the way it was before they separated us out and were in the Bun in the Oven thread?

A militant Meg ^tantrum^

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi all,

Took me AGES to find the thread, why have we been moved in here, doesn't make sense.

Fitou, so pleased to hear about your brilliant scan, it such an amazing time isn't it, took me ages to get my head round the fact that we were having twins, I wanted a scan every week to make sure they hadn't made a mistake...(didn't get one).

Big welcome to Tiggy and karen.

Jelly, we havent found out what ours are, want it to be a surprise, everyone keeps asking if we know and are really shocked that we dont want to find out.

Had another scan today, both doing really well, almost identical sizes, which is brilliant. Bit cheesed off that we saw yet another different doctor who knew absolutely nothing about me, she actually asked me why I had had steroid jabs 2 weeks ago......SHE SHOULD KNOW.......am now really miserable again having lost all confidence in the hospital. Have to go back next week and they said it would be to see the consultant....here's hoping or there will be milk and toys everywhere.

Right better go cook.........love to everyone else.

sal

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hi girls

I hope I will be joining you for a long time. I found out I was having twins last week and am now in my 8th week of pregnancy. Still a bit in shock and the reason I'm saying I am hoping to stay here for the long haul is that before I had ICSI I found out that I have a bicornuate uterus, basically I have a u-shaped uterus with pretty much 2 cavities. Therefore it may be recommended that I have a selective reduction as the risks are much higher due to my uterus having less room than normal. However when I had my 2nd scan this week the doctor did say that as long as I did nothing but rest from pretty much 16 weeks that there's no reason why I can't go ahead with both.

I was just wondering if any of you have ever heard of women having this and going on to have twins ok. I have been told to wait till the 12 week scan to make any decisions and I am really dreading it although i'm trying my best not to overly worry and hope I don't need to make it. I'm also waiting to get an appointment with a consultant obstetrician at my hospital.

Aside from that everything is going well, 2 strong heartbeats and not feeling too bad apart from tired.

Hope to get to know you all and thanks for listening.

Alli x

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi everyone,

Alli -  I just want to say welcome and that I hope everything works out for you.  i can't imagine the stress you must be under and will be thinking of you.

Meg - I don't understand either, it really threw me .

Sal - glad that they are doing well.  Hospitals can be a nightmare can't they!!!

Fitouxx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Evening ladies,

Has anyone mentioned their unhappiness at our new location to Tony etc? I'll drop them a note, I understand why part of this thread has been moved but us bumps really should be within the Bun thread.

Alli - congratulations and welcome!

Short one from me, absolutely sh*t day starting with a pointless meeting with my NHS appointment. My appointment was at 9.15 - he rolls in at 10am (apparently he has a reputation for this), not interested in signs of infection in my urine, lost last set of tests for urine infection, still hasn't got an answer on how to treat sticky blood in a twin pregnancy (he said he'd write off to "the experts" 7 weeks ago). He said vaguely that he normally treats singleton pg with doubling the clexane dose at 20 weeks. When I asked him if he was going to do that with me, he said he didn't know. I pointed out that I would be 20 weeks in 4 weeks time so perhaps he'd like to find out!!!!  :mad:
Hmm. Do you think I should change consultants??

Sorry to rant. I went in feeling on top of the world and really well and confident, now I just feel that I'm not getting any help to keep this pregnancy healthy, and my medical history is being ignored. Have had a headache all day and know it's because I am livid!

Better go, just winding myself up. Thanks for listening.

love
Caroline
xx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yay to Caro for getting us moved back..thanks a heap.

Caro and Sal I would change consultants or if you can't then simply ring the clinic manager and have a gripe and then generally all goes well after that. It always makes one feel better anyway.

Alli- welcome, what is your EDD and I will add you to the list. As for the rubish you ahve been told about a biconruate uterus then put your foot down. I also have a bicornuate uterus but the twins have pushed the septum up so far now and distorted everything so much that I look pretty normal in there. At first my obs said he would have expected a twin pg to be better than a singleton on for a bicon uterus as they often just nuzzle into each cavity but mine were jsut too greedy for space so don't you be worrying.

Just a note that the list is always on page 1 or page 2 if I am late in case anyone is looking for it and I try to keep going back and updating it.

Lots of love
Megan

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.