Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Sorry mods. Know this is prob the wrong place but am in a mad rush with no time to search.
Have just popped out and bought some Avent bottles as stoppped bfeeding this week and J never got on with the TT ones I have. Seems so wrong to be buying new bottles for a 1 year old!!!!
Anyway mothercare had two types...one in the classical packaging and one with some kind of gold highlights on the packaging which claims to be clinically proven to help settle baby/less colic. These are the ones I picked up. Just about to open the box and the pic on the box seems to show a teat with a valve in it?? I picked up extra teats in size 4 as J is now over 1 and they are just the regular airflex teats by avent. I did ask the shopgirl whether these bottles require different teats but she was useless and said they only stock one kind of avent teat (the airflex ones) and therefore they were probably ok. Are they? Any avent users out there? Help! I bought 4 extra teats and a 4-pack of bottles and don't want to open any packaging before I know the teats will match the bottles, so will know what, if anything, I need to return.
Thanks!
X

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Hi, if its the one I am thinking of, we picked a couple by mistake too. The normal Advent teats work fine with the new bottles, you just have to remember to fit the little valve into the new bottles or they leak. we ended up putting a star on the new bottles with a marker pen so we could identify them and make sure the valve went back on them.. and stop milk pouring out when feeding.

helen

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Thanks for reply!
I was desperate and opened the bottle pack and found out the bottles inside had the normal airflex teats on a size 2 so the size 4 airflex ones I'd bought were fine. The bottles don't have the extra bit you mention - they're the other kind apparently. The ones I have are kind of yellow - some new bpa free material Avent have come up with. Apparently their older bottles weren't entirely bpa free although they were marketed as such.Hmm....
I did a quick search online and found out that these bottles have given people a lot of trouble with leaks and sure enough mine are quite leaky. Feel quite cheesed off!!!
Still I am not about to go out and buy a second lot of bottles for my one year old. Buying the first lot felt silly enough!!!
XXX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.