Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this sight and also new to IVF

My husband and I found out recently that  probably our only option to have children is to have ICSI. My husband had two operations for undescended testicles when he was a child and our doctor believes this is what has caused an extremely low sperm (o.06) count and poor mobility.

We are now waiting to see whether we can proceed with ICSI. Hubby and I both have some tests to do and should hear at the end of July whether we can go ahead with ICSI in September. I am extremely hopeful that ICSI may work for us as our doctor said there was a chance it would work and  he told us about a recent case of ICSI he had where he only managed to extract a single sperm using PESA but still got a pregnancy.

Fingers crossed now that we can go ahead with the ICSI - is it something you have considered?

I know exactly what you mean about everyone else having children, since getting married it is quite unbearable constantly being asked about when we will have children, most people are assuming that I am putting my career ahead of motherhood - if only they all knew!

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Cactus ^hugme^
You will see I have moved your 1st post out of Suzzanes thread and into one of its own ( editing the just first line of you post too) This is so you get replies and support for your journey from the start.
I am sorry to read you too are needing ICSI it is good your consultant has given you some hope, all I can say is make some diet/lifestyle changes add in some vitamins so that whatever ^sperm^ is retrieved is of Good quality.

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

Pre- natal Care ~
CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will find a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.
For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Cactus,

Welcome to FF its agreat site where you can get lots of questions answered and have a laugh too!! There's some great ppl on here!!

I'm having ICSI too, we were diagnosed as unexplained IF back in January and have already had 1 ICSI (sadly negative outcome) and starting 2nd ICSI very soon.

Your Doc seems to have a very positive attitude and thats what you need on this IF rollercoaster ^reiki^ all the way!!

Good luck with your tx and I hope you get starting in September, thats only 3 and a bit months away!!!!

Luv Suzee xx ^hugme^

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Cactus,
I've had two cycles of ICSI due to hubbys very low sperm count. He also has Anti sperm antibodies and so they can't swim very well at all.
I made my hubby start taking multi vits every day and it increased his sperm count by quite a bit. It's great to hear that your doctor is so positive.
Just to shine a ray of hope your way I'm now 9 weeks 4 days pregnant  ;D So ICSI can and does work. Try to stay positive and strong hunny. I'm sure it will be your turn soon  ^hugme^
Miracles happen every day  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Good luck for your treatment
Sarah xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts