Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner has azoospermia and only one testicle as he had the other removed as a child as a result of an undescended testicle. He blood tests are normal so the urolygist expects a blockage. He has to have an exploratory operation in a few months which I think will also involve the removal of any sperm they may find. My partner seems to think they can just remove the blockage and everything will be fine. Has anyone had any experience of this?

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi Vic,

My DH also had an undescended testicle as a child which was operated on when he was 6 years old.  But unlike your DH when he had the blood tests his FSH level was elevated and then when he saw the Urologist he didn't think there  was a blockage.  Unfortunately my DH's SSR was unsuccessful and after much soul searching we are going down the DIVI route.  But, I have heard much better results when Azoospermia is caused by a blockage rather than non-obstructive like us.  If the blood tests are normal then I think so far so good.

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your journey and sending you and you DH lots of ^Cuddle^ and  ^fairydust^

Anne xxxxx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that information, I still have hope! How long is the waiting list for ssr? Does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi again  ^wave^

I think the waiting list for SSR depends on where you are in the country but our longest wait was to see the urologist beforehand so we paid to see him privately and that really speeded things up.  Basically in between each 'stage' of diagnosis etc we had to go back to our fertility centre and we seem to wait for ages to see them.  We saw them on the 17th of May to follow up on what the Urologist said and then they amazed us by doing the SSR on the 24th May.

Never lose hope and stay as  ^reiki^ as possible because you'll find a way through, no matter what happens.

Keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you both xxxxxxx  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi Vic,

We've got our counselling session tomorrow eek!  Although we've since discovered that it's not couselling per se - but an informal chat with the nurse and we'll get lots of bloods taken etc.  I'm very nervous about it because, as if the odds aren't stacked against us already, my cycle has just decided to go up the swanny and I have missed two periods - now convinced I've got serious problems and working myself up into a state -  ^idiot^

I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow!

^fairydust^  Anne xxx

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Just to add that you have to wait 6 months between SSRs for testicles to recover so in fact, best to have any sperm retrieved frozen!  In which case, it may be better to wait for day of EC itself...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.