Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Babes with Bumps - Rest & Relaxation or Business as Usual during 2WW???

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Viking Girl 
#1 ·
^feedback^

hi there,

^congrats^  congratulations to everyone on this thread!!!  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

i am not actually pregnant.  just had a bfn on our first icsi cycle  :'(  but about to embark on a natural fet  ^snowflake^  and was hoping all you pregnant ladies might be able to offer some insight as to what you did during your successful two week waits.  ^2ww^  did you rest & relax as per zita or was it business as usual & back to work???  ???

i really really really want to give our frosties the very best chance of hanging on so would be grateful for any suggestions that resulted in your fantastic bfps!!!  :) ^merlin^ :)

hope you can help...

wishing x

#2 ·
Hi Hun

Sorry to hear of your recent BFN  ^hugme^ :-*

I rested in bed for the 1st 3 days on the advice from my consultant  ;) then i just rested for the rest of the wait  ;) i also laughed a lot (one of my clinic buddies posting funny pics of her donkeys)  ;D ;D laughing apparently is good for the embies  ::)
I drank 2l of water per day and a glass of milk before bed, i had 5 brazil nuts from e/c onwards and a glass of pineapple juice too  :p stopped this from BFP  :-*

Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Emmaxxxx

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about your BFN. Better luck for the FET.

On this 2WW I was back to work between EC and ET and even on the day of ET and during the 2WW. Life was as normal, except I trained less (no running, no spinning, etc).

I was on vitamins before TX and during 2WW. And lots of water. Other than that, life as normal.

#4 ·
hi emma,

congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

thank you so much for your advice, i will be getting myself a large delivery of milk and pineapple juice before et!  and looking forward to that nice long rest!  :)

wishing x

#5 ·
hi swede,

wow, everyone seems to do the complete opposite from each other but still get the same results - now i don't know what to do!  ???

congratulations on your bump, not long now!!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

wishing x

#6 ·
Hiya!

I did a bit of both really - I rested a fair bit (I took the 2 weeks off from EC day onwards) but still went shopping and did normal day to day stuff. After a week I wished I hadn't had the time off as I was going  ^idiot^. I had some spotting from 9dp2dt until day 11 and then kinda gave up so stripped all the paper off the hall the day before I went back to work! That was the Monday and I got my BFP on the Thursday morning!

I'm not sure there is a right and wrong way really - just do what feels right for you I guess!

Karen x

#7 ·
Hi wishing

So sorry about your BFN but  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for FET.

I kind of followed Zita and her R&R theory but did get severe OHSS so also had no choice in the end as I was quite poorly. I really took it easy with my feet up as much as possible. I also drank approx. 3 litres per day and had a high protein diet (again, I had to because of the OHSS). Another thing that I was conscious of was ensuring a good blood supply to my uterus and used a hot water bottle to keep my feet etc warm - I didn't want to divert any unnecessary blood away from my core organs and uterus (it was December though!) - I didn't use the hot water bottle directly on my abdomen.

Apart from taking my multi-vits and omega supplements, I didn't eat Brazil nuts or anything else that is supposed to be beneficial but I do think that giving your body a chance to recover from the IVF and all the hormones and invasive procedures is important and therefore a really good balanced diet is a must. I know that women get pregnant all the time and carry on as normal but, in my opinion, this is quite different. It is also much more of an emotional strain and I think that your mental wellbeing can be as influential as your physical wellbeing and if going back to work makes you even more stressed or feeling guilty then if you can get signed off it is probably best.

Everybody is different, but these are just my thoughts......

I really hope this helps!?!

Good luck,
Annette x

#8 ·
Hiya

I took the whole of my tx cycle off
Mainly because my clinic was 100 miles away and the travelling would have become stressful and felt it would lessen my chances

I had lots of protein up to my test date from starting stims
i had 1 pt organic semi skimmed milk a day (minimum) 2l water and 1 glass pineapple juice (juice just up til ET day)

During the ^2ww^ i took it slow and easy, rested for the first 3-4 days, took a gentle walk from about day 5, never carried any shopping or anything, well thats what dhs are for isnt it ;)

On day 5 of my 2ww i actually fell down the stairs (not reccomended!) and thought i was doomed

As you can see from my profile it worked for us

Em

#9 ·
well, i think i'll probably go with the restful relaxation school of thought.    that way, i'll probably worry less!  i'm still sure that i jinxed things last time by doing too much.  :-\

thanks for all your help!  :)

w x

#10 ·
hi emma, swede, karen, annette & em,

just wanted to let you all know that, having taken your advice regarding the 2ww, we found out a few days ago that i'm pregnant!!!  ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^  thank you so much for all your hints & tips!!

swede & em - oliver and zachary are both adorable - congratulations!!!  ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^

emma, karen & annette - not long now...  hope you are all enjoying your pregnancies and putting your feet up while you have the chance!  :)

wishing xx

^fairydust^

#11 ·
Wishing

Sooooooo very pleased for you hun - it is the best feeling  :) :).

Sending you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for the next 8 months!

Take care of yourself,
Annette x

#12 ·
thanks annette!

w x

^fairydust^

#13 ·
Wishing - massive congrats from me and a very busy bump!!

Karen x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.