Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There !  :) :)

I have 11 mnth old twins (Alfie  ^blueted^  & Evie ^pinkted^ ) and decided to return back to work part time (16hrs) and put babies in nursery.

I am unfortunate not to have family to look after them so had to fork out nursery fee's.

I am missing my babies like mad and feel lost without them with me !  :'(

Anyone returned to work and used a nursery ? 

Any advice and tips would be appreciated !  ;)

Ali    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Ali,

my boys started nursery part time at 6 mths old . I went back to work when they were almost a yr old so they went full time then.It was absolutely awful at first- I missed them like so,so  much and worried all the time that something would happen to them and I wouldn't be there to look after them.

A year on from that I'm so pleased that I decided to go back to work/put them into nursery. They absolutely love it and have made fantastic progress. They don't even look twice when I drop them off in the morning and quite often they have to be persuaded to stop what they're doing and come home when I collect them!

I found that it helped that I organise everything the night before so that I'm not rushing around in the morning- if I'm stressed
I'm sure it affects them. I also spend 10 mins or so making sure that they're settled at nursery before I go to work.  I've also kept to the same routine - drop them off at the same time/collect at same time as I think routine helps them to feel settled.

It will be hard at first but it honestly does get easier with time and if I thought for one minute that I'd done the wrong thing I'd stop work- so far, so good though!

Lucy xxxxx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Bookmarking hun and it does get easier - promise xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

I went back to work when the boys were 2. I stayed at home with their sister so felt terrible leaving them. Like you and Glitter we have no family near by and are paying around £750 for the boys a month :eek: (3 full days a week) I can't wait for September when we get a little help. Child care vouchers do help a bit but it's still a huge chunk of my salary. It was really difficult to leave them at the beginning as they both clung to me and cried. However once I was out of the room they were totally fine. They both really love Nursery and have come on leaps and bounds :) I too drop at the same time and collect but I find that lingering around makes the separation worse so I drop and run which works better for my 2. Sam will still cling to me at times but someone always comes to get him from me and gives him a cuddle.

I found that the time it gave me to be me made me a much better parent. The time I have with them is so precious, where as when I was at home with them all the time I got so exhausted I didn't give them as much of my time as I could have done. I was there, but more in body than in mind :-\ Now I get to eat my lunch without sharing it out and got to the loo on my own at least 3 times a week!! ;D

I find that I have to be very organised to get everyone where they need to be on time in the mornings. Bags are packed the night before, packed lunches made for me and Meg and clothes laid out for the boys. That way I'm not flapping about like a mad woman trying to get 3 children mobile for 8am!!

It will get easier hun ^hugme^

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys !!!!!!!!! ^hugme^ ^hugme^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts