Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have read in a baby magasine in France that you have to start very gently to clen your baby boy's for skin but I am wondering when to start doing this?

Thanks for any advice?

Steph

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chux, I think I will ask the paed next time I see him

Steph

G

·
have you thought of circumsicion..most definetly more hygenic....prevents alot of infections/diseases when older....probably best to do your research on it...

goodluck
:-*

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi
Sorry - just couldn't not reply to this one.
The idea that circumcision is more hygienic is a myth!!  The foreskin is there for a reason - it keeps things moist and preserves sensitivity.  All the advice is that unless you have a religious or medical reason for doing so, you should leave your son's penis intact.
Tams

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Circumcision is however proven to be useful in preventing HIV infection in heterosexual males http://jme.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/33/6/357.

Coming from a culture that cicumcises I think that the men would probably deny that their sex lives are worse than non-circumcised men through any lack of sensitivity. Anyway rather difficult to do a compare and contrast i would have thought!

betty

/links

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Betty M said:
Anyway rather difficult to do a compare and contrast i would have thought!
;D

Well, funny you should say that because both my step son and my nephew had, er, problems in adulthood (and after they became sexually active) that meant they had to be circumsised. I've never plucked up the courage to ask them if it has improved their sex life.

Aside from religious, I know that circumcision is quite popular in the USA but, frankly, I reckon if it it ain't broke don't fix it.

Incidently, ona related point. I have noticed that my love little man loves to play with his Little Benny and he's started pulling the foreskin back a bit himself. Should I stop him? It does look painful but, silly boy was weeing in the bath earlier and laughing at it....gawd help me! ::)

C~x

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Caz

my friends who has had 2 boys has told me that they inevitably do very young in the bath and then later on in their bed older. This helps with their higiene in a natural way allegedly.

Best Regards

Steph

·
Registered
868 Posts
tams said:
Hi
Sorry - just couldn't not reply to this one.
The idea that circumcision is more hygienic is a myth!! The foreskin is there for a reason - it keeps things moist and preserves sensitivity. All the advice is that unless you have a religious or medical reason for doing so, you should leave your son's penis intact.
Tams
+ 1

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
WEll im from Canada and most men get circumsized... i actually never saw a NON circumsized man till i was 23 and that was my DH lol who is british..and it kinda freaked me out lol

I am expecting a boy and i wondered what to do... my moms advice was to do whatever the father was.. that was LO wouldnt think he looks different from daddy...

anyway i know its kinda off topic but just thought id share my story

·
Registered
868 Posts
Junnie said:
WEll im from Canada and most men get circumsized... i actually never saw a NON circumsized man till i was 23 and that was my DH lol who is british..and it kinda freaked me out lol

I am expecting a boy and i wondered what to do... my moms advice was to do whatever the father was.. that was LO wouldnt think he looks different from daddy...

I agree with your mom ;)

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Foxys girl said:
Junnie said:

I agree with your mom ;)
Me too. My brother lives in the US where it's also more commonplace and my SIL had not seen an uncircumcised one before! The family doctor, paediatrician etc were all really surprised when my bro insisted their DS was not 'done' either. They keep giving her really duff advice about cleaning it, stretching it back and generally yanking it around! She's always checking back with me about it!

Caz said:
Betty M said:
Anyway rather difficult to do a compare and contrast i would have thought!
;D

Well, funny you should say that because both my step son and my nephew had, er, problems in adulthood (and after they became sexually active) that meant they had to be circumsised. I've never plucked up the courage to ask them if it has improved their sex life.
Errrr my DH also had it done later in life due to a medical problem and I don't think he thinks it's improved his sex life at all - although it wasn't long after he had the op that we started our IVF tx and I subsequently got pg - I don't think his sex life has improved from all that!

C x

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thing is.. .if I was back in canada...and my DH was circumsized I would have it done...

but here its normal NOT to have it done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts