Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi girls

need the benefit of your experience ere ....

Got lots of books for holly girls... touch n feel, dear zoo, caterpillar and touch and feel and thats not my books range , animal zoo, noisy books

Looking for books for Luke ones your little boys love  ones he can grow with hes 7 months old

which ones do they love
]
help please ....

Love Juxxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Mine all love much the same books rather than them being for a boy or a girl, but I do remember buying some of the "That's not my....." range e.g. car, train and Santa. I also got ds1 a couple of tractor books in Marks and Spencers which had sounds at the end.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Ds1 loves the hungry caterpillar and the gruffalo. In fact, all the books by Julia Donaldson and Axel Schaeffler (sp?) are a hit and have been for a long time. They have lovely sing-songy text and vibrant drawings. You can usually get them in asda and tescos. I've just bought the last three ds1 needed to complete the set.

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Julia Donaldson and Axel Shaeffler have got about 10 books in total - gruffalos child, room on the broom, the snail and the whale, squash n a squeeze, Charlie cooks favourite book, stickman etc x

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Definitely get

Where the Wild Things Live by Maurice Sendak

Haunted House (a great pop up book) by Jan Pienkowski

Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
346 Posts
My DS was given Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae and Guy Parker Rees at Christmas and it has quickly become a firm favourite so much so that it is his chosen book for bedtime every night. It is a short rhyming story with great pictures.

Another favourite but more for the pop up pictures and sounds than the story is Peter Pan J.M. Barrie and Paul Hess. He's not interested in the story yet but will quite happily look at the pictures.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love Aesop's Fables...the boy who cried wolf etc.  I had it as a child and the morals at the end of each story really stuck in my head.  I bought the boys a copy for their 1st birthday and it brings back lots of lovely memories from my childhood.  They also have the Mr Men books, Lucky Wish Mouse, Where Wild Things Are. 

I think Tesco have a BOGOF offer on at the mo on children's books.

Hepburn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.