Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an eleven week scan yesterday and the sonographer seemed very concerned that she could see the baby's bladder. Apparently she shouldn't be able to detect it this early so she thinks that its full for some unknown reason. I've been told to go back in three weeks to check it again. She said it could be nothing, but it could be something. Has this happened to anyone else - I can't find anything about it on the net. The baby was one of a twin but sadly I lost the other one just before Christmas and since then I've been terrified of losing this one. Can anyone help - three weeks seems an unbearable wait. I should be so happy to be finally pregnant but it feels like the worry and anxiety never stop.
Moosie

·
Registered
116 Posts
Moosie

I am sorry to hear this hun, must be hard for you having to wait.  Could you call your midwife and ask her advice?  Most midwifes are available every day of the week or have cover for those days when they are not.

I am afraid i am not familiar with this, but it doesn't seem right that no one explained it to you.
I know what you mean about the worrying, it never seems to stop does it hun?  still once you get an explanation you will be able to set your mind at rest and hopefully continue with a happy healthy pregnancy.

Sorry not to be of help but I know it feels horrible when you send a post asking for some support and people don't reply because they don't have all the answers- sometimes it is good just to have some supportive messages.

Thinking of you

Kitty4

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I hope you get some reassurance soon. By coincidence, I was reading a paper by Kypros Nicolaides regarding the nuchal scan. It mentions that 50% of fetal bladders are visible at 10 weeks, 80% at 11 weeks and 100% at 12 weeks.

Here is the link:

http://www.fetalmedicine.com/pdf/11-14/english/FMF-English.pdf

Hope everything is OK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It makes a world of difference knowing that other people know how you feel, when it feels like the rest of the world doesn't understand. I've just downloaded that weblink so I'll have a good read of it. Hopefully it will reassure me.

Moosie x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there.

I'm enquiring about a posting you made in January.

My wife has been for a scan today and has also been told our baby has a prominent bladder and that she needs to go back in two-three weeks for an additional scan.

Can you shed any light on this matter to stop my wife going loopy during the next three weeks.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hi
It might be worth giving Antenatal Results and Choices a call to set your mind at rest.
They can provide information and advice and possibly be able to answer any questions you might have.

Their website is www.arc-uk.org

Good luck ^reiki^
Deb

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

1 - 6 of 6 Posts