Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Now I know i'm nowhere near the stage of working out baby names  ^idiot^ but passing the time at work, my DH and I struggle with boys names.....girls I have millions to choose from (probably going to be harder to choose one and stick to) BUT boys we're struggling, DH prefers the more traditional boys name where I like the quirkier ones....

Any suggestions would be fab to while my hours away at work  ;D

Rach xxx

Ps. sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldn't work out where to post!!!  :-[

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
We never had a problem with ours as i always knew i would have a girl, and i'd always planned to have a Mollie!!  i don't know what i would have done if a) she had turned out to be a boy and b) dh had seriously objected to the name!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mollie is a gorgeous name, with girls names my DH and I totally agree....or should I say he agrees with what i've told him we're having  ;) BUT with boys we're at loggerheads and can't come up with anything that both of us like!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Can I just say (from someone who has gone through life with a mispronouced, inevitably misspelled, difficult to comprehend etc name (no, it isn't mayve)), just go for a lovely, not-unheard of one with the normal, expected spelling of it!  :) 

and especially for boys --- not too quirky that the poor fellow is going to get made fun of (or picked last for the physical ed football team!).
My vote for boys names are those that are the classic ones.

Oh yes, and stay away from names of fruits and bridges ;)  just too weird!

Have fun with the choosing!

mayve x

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you Mayve  ;D that's my DH argument to a T!

I still can't help thinking of a trendy name though  ::)....god help my children  ;)

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Actually one of dh's concerns with Mollie is that it would get spelt Molly her whole life and annoy her!  But there was no option with it as she is named after my nan who is a Mollie!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strangely enough I thought my name was classic (Rachel) but the number of people that want to make me a Racquel...Rachael...Rachael  ;D

I'm sure Mollie will develop her own way of letting people know how her name is spelt  ;)

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Probably quite bluntly if her little personality now is anything to go by.... ;D

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Too quickly!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
We're having problems with names too and we only have 4 weeks left til due date. Starting to get a little concerned now as no names seem to stick out that we can agree on  ::)

As for spelling - everyone spells my name wrong even those who have known me for years  ^bigbad^

xx

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
We have found out we are having a girl so here were my fav boys names!  :)

Harrison, Oscar, Archie, Rory, Stanley, James (Jamies, J) Haydn, Russell, Chester, Woody, Corey, Max, Dexter, Jolyon, Elijah, Joe, Rhys.

Maybe give you some inspiration? For the record DH hated all but James!  :eek: ::) ;D

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
If we where having a boy it would have been Luke but no its a 2nd girl so we having a harder time deciding
I also liked Jacob, Rhys, Joseph
what ever you go for check the initials

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would have to add nothing too long as I am an Elizabeth and have always been called that and hate it now as a result when it is shortened to Liz which strangers seem to find acceptable!  ^bigbad^

I am going to give my baby a 2 syllabul name and a nickname so they have more chance!  I always used to call myself Rhia when I was little and sometimes wish I did now as it would make life a lot easier!

Exciting thinking about names - DH and I are already at it!  And I like traditional but weird names!!  But nothing too popular!  Decisions decisions!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
hi everyone,

me and dp are having similar problems over names he wants names like montague, phelim and mortimer  ::) and he just wont steer away from caitlin for a girl, i would like to carry on the j tradition that i have started with my little family as we are joshua, jeska but she gets called jessica which annoys her to no end and me janine so we are all js but dp is dead set against it.

The thing is i know what flavour we are having but he didnt want to know so i still have to keep thinking of both flavour names  ;D ;D

good luck to everyone choosing names but my favourite has to be jj

love janine xx

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kiki - think you need to get that baby name book out otherwise lil bubs will be known as just that!  ;D

Ja5ey - love your boys names esp Rhys, Max, Archie...I am truly inspired, although i'm sure DH will be the same as yours and plump for James!!  ::)

Clare - congrats on another girl.....i'm a big fan of Joseph & Jacob - have to be careful whatever we choose as surname ends in EY!

Libeth - decisions decisions indeedy...it's a conversation DH and I are constantly having and arguing over!  ::) I think you're right on the nickname front. I was christened Rachel but get called Rach all the time (which I don't mind but parents hate it!) I'm a big fan of Oliver...well Ollie actually but not so sure i'm a fan of Ol?!!  ;D

Janine - loving the J tradition you've got going on with your family! My DH's family are all M's...apart from his brother  ??? Loving the name Joshua too!!!

Watching TV last night and there was a character called Connor and DH and I both looked at eachother and said that's a nice name......the only one that we've ever agreed on - there is hope  ;)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Rachey,

My nephew is called Connor otherwise it would have been on my list - it's a lovely name.  :)

Talking of shortenings - my name is Jennifer and I have never been a Jenny, but a Jen - some people have taken it upon themselve to shorten it to Jenny without being invited to, but they are few and far between. I think it is possible to control the way people shorten your name but its a risk and I think I'll play it safe and choose something where I like all the variations.  :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i'm beginning to think Connor is a good contender so far....well it's the only name DH and I actually agreed on  ;D

Think you're definitely right about shortening names, my parents decided to call me Rachel thinking it couldn't be shortened  ^idiot^.....and cringe everytime someone calls me Rach...or even Ray!  ::)

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Ethan!

I also love Jack, Oscar, Elliot, Rory, Harry and Thomas!

Marie xxx

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ethan was one of my faves....as is Elliot or Ellis, but surname begins with E and ends in EY?  ::)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts