Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Matilda's not the best of sleepers, however things are improving.  In the process of trying to improve the sleep issues, she's been moved from our bed to Moses, from Moses to cot and back from cot to moses.  I've finally worked out that she simply loves sleeping in a cosy place.  When she's in the cot, her arms will fling out - particularly at that 'jump' into a deep sleep and this wakes her.  The same happens when she wakes naturally and it all unsettles her.  None of this happens in her moses as her arms are snuggled against her and have nowhere to flap about to.

Now, as with all growing babies, she's getting too big for her moses and need to move her into the cot.  It's no so much the transition into the cot that's the problem, it's the fact that the cot doesn't give her the secure feeling that she gets from the moses.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can deal with this?  Someone told me Jojo Maman Bebe did some 'supports' which go under the blanket to reduce the cot mattress space, but I can only find supports to stop baby from rolling over and these are a bit too restrictive.

Thanks

Claire
x

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi Claire,

Before I start I never used a moses baskets so the boys have always been in their cot beds.  What we have done is put rolled up towels in their bed so they sleep in between them.  So basically they are supported by a towel (sausage) either side.

The 'jumping' thing I believe they do get used to it in time.

Sorry not much help.

Sharon xx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Claire,

Do you use sleeping bags?

From my experiences, they give that "secure" feeling.

Dee
xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts