Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi  :)

For the past week or ten days, I've been having a lot of discomfort in my lower back.  Sometimes I can't make up my mind whether it's my back or whether the baby is really low down.  It's a feeling of pressure low down around my back.  I've suffered with backache in the past but this is feeling worse than that and it's not really going away.  When I stand I just want to sit and when I sit I just want to lie down flat on the floor.  Lying flat on my back is really comfortable for a while but the relief doesn't last long.  Then getting up and standing up hurts even more.  I had a warm bath earlier and the pain went to a dull ache but returned shortly after I got out.  I'm currently sat upright on my exercise ball to write this but it's painful again so I'm going to have to move.

I'm generally fit and healthy, was active before getting pregnant and I have continued with gentle daily exercise.  The minimum I do is walk 30-45 minutes with the dogs every day and I also use a cross trainer a few times a week.  Yesterday and today, I've caught myself waddling occasionally because the sort-of shuffle from side to side is more comfortable than normal walking.

Is it just normal pregnancy backache?  I'm not due to see anyone now until I see my GP at 25 weeks but to be honest I don't think I go that long without trying to do something to help myself because it's really uncomfortable throughout the day and night.

Please help.  I'm feeling a bit blue about it :( but I refuse to complain because I'm just so happy to be pregnant  :)

Flozzie x

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

Although it is common to have backache in pregnancy, this does sound more painful than most. I would advise you to see your gp tomorrow to be examined and they can at least give you some painkillers to help,

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you  ^daisy^

I didn't explain the problem when I rang but my surgery have booked me in to see the medical registrar tomorrow morning.  What's a medical registrar?  ???

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,
A registrar is a senior dr, so you should be ok,

All the best,

Emilycaitlin xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts