Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

I always keep wondering - does "true unexplained" really exists?  I have a feeling that if the doctor tells you that you are unexplained, then they have not finished testing as there must be a reason why it is not happening???

For example, in my personal experience, as far as UK consultant is concerned so far we are classed as "unexplained"....
However, when I flew to a private clinic in Moscow they diagnosed me with 3 things straight away (e.g. luteal phase defect, inflammation of the uteris, immune issues)... So why can't a UK doctor see these things?  Or is the Russian clinics being over eager and just gives out the diagnosis?

Any thoughts from the lovely ladies on a matter?  ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
well, most UK clinics don't routinely run the immune tests as they are (a) expensive and (b) not 100% conclsuive. Was it NK cells or clotting issues? Sometimes for the latter they routinely prescribe steroids and clexane just in case.

LPD is easily seen by dates - but the underlying cause is the important issue. Is it because of a poor egg (ie not responding with the uterine lining) or is it a separate thing altogether? or is it just how the body works and has always worked and would never have been noticed without if treatment.

uterus - i agree they are insufficiently interested in mechanics in my experience - ie anatomical details. i don't know why.

but overall, I agree. A diagnosis of "unexplained" is unacceptable to me. however, millions literally of us worldwide have been given it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts