Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My name is kat im 29 and have a beautiful dd who is 3.
We had no problems conceiving her but she was born via a very difficult and messy section
I recently had a lap and dye done which showed that both my tubes were severely damaged as a result
of my section and IVF is my only way forward!
So heres my questions
How do you chose a clinic? Do you go on success rates? Location? Price?
Im finding it all very daunting and just dont know where to start!
Im sorry if im posting this is in the wrong place
Many Thanks for getting this far
Kat xxx

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:)hi kat and welcome......iv got blocked tubes and my way 4ward is ivf also......im waiting now to go on the waiting list, its on the nhs....iv just got to have a pelivic scan in 3 weeks....i had a choise of 5 clinics to choose from.....that are nhs funded...it was so hard to decide.i joined ff and asked around speaking to ladies who were at the clinics.i wanted to go with the better percent clinic really.....i was toying with bourn hall or oxford fertillity unit.....i went on web sites and also most of all went with my gut felling......i no how your feeling you want the best chance and the best clinic and lots go round in your head....a little tip i went on sites here for the clinics i had in my head for a few weeks and just read there storys day in day out and weighed up my findings.....it did really help me.also if you are paying if that was me i would not decided on price.i would decided on clinic....what area are you in.....xxx 

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hiya Kat and welcome to FF ^hugme^

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Tubal Factors ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

Secondary Infertility board ... http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=44.0

Any questions re IVF? Want to have a natter? Then have a look here :)
IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

The governing body for fertility treatment in the UK is the HFEA, have a look at thier site too, lots of ifo on clinics and cost ...
http://www.hfea.gov.uk/fertility.html
http://www.hfea.gov.uk/fertility-treatment-cost-nhs.html

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our Volunteers for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts