Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi sorry in advance if i am posting in the wrong place but not sure where to post!  ???

it is four months since i had my son and i have had 2 periods now. i am currently on day 18 of my cycle and have the most horrendous pain in my tum. when i pick up my son its even worse - its so bad i actually am avoiding picking him up whenever possible! i am guessing it is to do with ovulation but i havent had this before (although last month it was quite painful). i have endometriosis but this pain is different/worse than i have had before pregnancy  :( i have not taken any contraception since my pregnancy (hoping for a natural miracle!).

just wondered it this is 'normal' and its my body sorting itself out following the pregnancy or if i should be going to the doctors? i dont really want to go unnecessarily.  ::)

hope you can shed some light on this for me  :-[

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,
I've moved this as you may find more help here.  Midwives only deal post natally up to 4 weeks, so we can't really advise you properly on things beyond that stage.  Hope you are feeling better soon,

emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi,

If you are in any doubt you should go and see your gp, although since having T i now have very heavy periods and i get quite a bit of ov pain as well but it doesn't stop me from functioning.
If you don't want to see your gp you could try ringing nhs direct and see what they say. I hope things settle soon for you.
take care

Love Philippa

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I had the same thing when my periods returned - they did settle down eventually (after several months) but go and see your GP if you're concerned,

Marie xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts