Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LO has just turned 1, and for around 4 weeks now she has had really bad wind.  It is waking her at night - she is crying out, arching her back when I hold her, then after while (sometimes just 1 minute, sometimes 30 minutes) she does some big farts  ^shake^  and calms down.  She doesn't normally properly cry at night, if she wants us a for a cuddle her crying is less urgent, but this is nasty crying and even if I'm holding her walking round the room (which usually calms anything) she still crys with tears.

When I'm holding her and giving her water at night you can feel her tummy gurgling (not really rumbling, but like a waterfall).  I wondered if it is cos we have changed her milk, from Aptamil 2 to Aptamil 3 (weaning milk) or if she is intolerant to bread or wheat.  I've tried removing bread from her diet, which seemed to help a bit, but when I mentioned it to the HV she said I shouldn't remove food groups from her diet without proper advice.  She wasn't particuarly helpful as to what to do, except see the GP. 

My LO did have bad diarhorrea at the start of this, and was waking to poo at night (which she normally doesn't do) so we thought she had a tummy bug to start with, but it has continued now.  She farts in the day too, quite loudly, but it doesn't seem to hurt so much (guess she is distracted and moving round more in the day).

Any ideas kind ladies?  What it may be or what I could try to help it.  (I'm wanting to get this sorted as we want to do controlled crying a bit more, as she is still waking 1am for water and 5am for milk - not good at 1 year old!).  I did wonder if it may be teething related, what do you think?
Thank you for reading.  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Any change in formula can take a while for them to adjust to although not normally weeks, and I remember my HV saying that if you find one that suits don't change it. Is there a reason you aren't moving her onto cows milk now instead of formula?

Has there been any other changes to her diet? The thing is, as you rightly say, it could well be teething or a bug too and there's no real way of knowing unfortunately. :(

Chux xx

·
Registered
667 Posts
Aww hugs to you and your LO  ^hugme^
My DS has suffered with the same sort of thing and it was down to me changing his milk (due to the snow and they didn't have his) he would wake screaming in pain - not nice is it  :(  was happening for a couple of weeks but not every night maybe twice. I spoke to the other mums at my babygroup and some of their LO's had suffered similar things and was down to their milk or diet. One woman said cheese caused it in her daughter as she noticed a pattern.

I just gave my DS a baby massage when he gets a bout now and row his legs and this works a treat - lots of bottom burps  ;D

Good luck hope your LO is better soon x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.