Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies ,
I made gingerbread shapes for our Christmas tree , and to eat yesterday .
Whilst they taste great , they don't smell strong , and i am not getting 'that' smell from me tree dec's that i wanted .
Last year i had some gingerbread trees from Ikea , and they smelt amazing right through Christmas , theis year they arn't doing them , hense me and K getting out big cook little cook act going .
I used the recipe from the Bo-ro book , http://www.be-ro.com/f_insp.htm and like i said they taste great , but are putting out zero aroma ?
Any suggestions ?
^feedback^
This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that
fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Could you eat the one from Ikea or were they just for decoration?
I would see if you can get some ginger flavouring/essence - they tend to give out a stronger aroma....  TBH ground ginger doesnt have a super strong smell, if you open a packet of ginger nuts you dont generally smell them from the other side of the room.

If you want to stuff the taste and go for the smell then I would bung in whatever you can get your hands on - essence & bump up the ground ginger. They will give out a better smell but you probably wont want to eat them  :-\

Rx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Staly's right, ginger on its own generally doesn't smell strong.
You'll get a better smell - or aroma! - if you add some cinnamon and/or mixed spice  ;)  - I happen to think they taste better too!

Claire x

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
And some ground cloves too ... x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
(cloves are in mixed spice)  ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.