Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Thanks.

Yep, Im nervous too but also excited. Its hard isnt it? Getting over that mental hurdle of ''its come to IVF''. Im looking forward to feeling like I have some control again.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Control? What's that then??

Good luck with your appointment. Keep in touch.  We may even bump into each other one day in Bart's!

Take care

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hiya.

Noodle - Tried to respond to your PM but it wouldnt let me  :mad:  My full name is actually Michaela. Have a look on Friends Reunited to see if you remember me!  :) Sounds like your weekend was more fun than mine anways. We saw a house (not to far from where I think you are) but got beaten to the post by a first time buyer (grrr) so now we will get ours sold and then looks again.

Spent today re-glossing the kitchen bupbaords (all 17 of them) and now have snow blindness.  ^eyes^ Only 1 month, 2 weeks to our appointments!

Ronnie - Ugh, Im trying to remember  ;D  LOL - the hot lamps are from when they did the IUI's. Will you still be seeing Jo even though you are going onto ICSI? We will probably just do straight IVF as DH's count was always good. Especially since he quit smoking and cut down on whisky (his weakness). Plus, Ive been losing weight too so we hope to be good candidates...
Have you heard from them yet?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Ky-G

I have to phone Jo around the 8th of this month to see whether we qualify for the NHS freebie.  I really don't know why they are taking this long to decide! We are due to have the blood tests on Valentine's day (if my AF is on time!). Jo will also be carrying out my scan to check that my bits are still present and correct. My in-laws are coming to the hospital with us just in case dh keels over when he's having his blood taken so they'd be able to carry him back to the car!!!!!

It's a shame that Bart's doesn't have a satellite unit (like Lister) thus saving us from having to go up to London every other day for scans just before ec.

Have you mentioned about your treatment to your work yet?

Take care & speak soon

Ronnie

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hi all,

Just crashing your thread for a mo, cos I wanted to let you know about my orange badges.

Lots of us at my clinic have them, and wear them at the clinic so we can recognise eachother, as mostly we don't know what eachother looks like!

To buy one, please look here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=21783.0

Jo x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Jo - nice idea.

Ronnie- Ugh! Mentioned it at work and now three days later my job role is changing to something far less interesting and important than it is now. Feeling mighty grumpy about it all and might go to the union!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Ky-G

That's awful! I guess there's been no mention of a re-structure before & that it's only affected you!  It sounds like a union job. What's yours like? 

I've read our staff handbook & noticed that I can get time off for treatment (1st one only), so I may say something very near the time just to save myself some holiday.

Jo Thanks for the suggestion.

Ronnie

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi everyone

Got to go to Bart's on the 23rd of Feb,for information afternoon.Anyone else going on that day??Will that mean i will start ivf that month or have to wait until next period??
  Good luck to every one

SAM v x x x

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good luck Sam, hope your info evening goes well, I go in on the 16th to find out exactly what to do next.
Who knows maybe I will get my info appt sometime soon

Sweetie (mel)

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi Mel
  Hope your appt goes well,is this your first time going to Bart's and is it your first go??
  I which the 23rd was here now been waiting so long to start.But hopefully it will all be worth it. Good luck,please let me know how you get on.
      love SAM x x x

·
Registered
622 Posts
its my 3rd appt so far 1st went with Dh back in July and went through usual bumph, with blood tests, TVscan, and not forgetting hubbys test  ;), tehe, then went back in september unfortunately to find my nhs hosp had not sent on my notes, so subsequently not all info to hand, was advised to have my remaining tube removed due too 'hydrosalpinx', so after going back to GP and getting ref back to nhs hosp finally seeing consultant at local hosp only for him to say I do not have 'hydro' so do not need removed, aaaarrrggghhhhhhh , and could of have started ivf back in october.
needless to say am tad peeved with tooing and throwing, go back to barts on 16th and hopefully going to get this sorted out once and for all, really wish to give ivf a try.
Me and DH are having self funded treatment as hubby has 2 daughters by previous marriage so knocks me off spot for a free go, a very unfair rule for those of us ladies who do not have our own children but htats life i guess.. On the positive I love the girls would just love an addition..
Ok I best get off soapbox, get asked a simple question and i go on and on and on lol
take care
Mel (sweetie) xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Sam - Let me know how it goes! That's the same appointment we have in about six weeks time.

Sweetie- How frustrating! Im hoping my notes will already be there as my initial referral was back in November.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Bump - Nicky come find me here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts