Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Baseline 24th march

14K views 163 replies 6 participants last post by  HippyChicky 
#1 ·
Hi

This is my first ivf and i started D/R saturday just gone. Im D/R for a long time due to my clinic not being able to fit me in for EC in march, so have moved it to april.
Wondering if there is anyone else who has their baseline on or around the 24th march to share experience's.

xxx

#2 ·
I start D/R next Saturday and my baseline scan is Mar 28th

#3 ·
Hi Michelle, am on day 4 of DR and this is my first and hopefully last IVF. I am also DR for quite a long time and my baseline scan is on 24th March. Its so nice having a cycle buddy! Good luck with your tx and i hope and ^pray^ that we both get a BFP.

^fairydust^
Footsie
xxx

#4 ·
DHC - Hi hun. Hope all is going well, you must of started yesterday, are you injecting or sniffing? good luck  ^reiki^

Footsie - How are you feeling? Are you injecting or sniffing? Nice to have a cycle buddie too. Its nice to not feel so alone is this journey. Where are you having TX?

AFM - Im injecting and im on day 9 of DR. Started AF 2 days ago, its been a bit heavier than normal but no more painfull for me. The only side effect ive really been having is that i keep forgetting to do things or cant remember if i have done things. Example: went to run a bath, put the tap on walked away came back 5 mins later and forgot to put the plug in  ^idiot^  silly things like that!

xxx

#5 ·
Michelle, it's next Saturday I start sniffing, got to do that for 3 weeks then hopefully can start stimming. I get a bit forgetful as well when I'm d/r, this will be my 3rd attempt and each time it the side effects have been different.

#6 ·
DHC - Oh yeah just read your first post again, sorry. Good luck next week! This is what i mean with my brain, it just dont work!!! xx

#7 ·
XxMichellexX said:
DHC - Oh yeah just read your first post again, sorry. Good luck next week! This is what i mean with my brain, it just dont work!!! xx
hehehehe

how are you finding the side effects so far? have you had any hot flushes yet ?

#8 ·
Hi Michelle and DHC, hope you are both having a good Sunday.

Michelle - Am injecting and so far no terrible side effects. I hope it stays that way!! Am at Homerton in London. where are you? You are so right its so nice having someone to talk to on here who is going through the same thing as family and friends don't really understand!!.  :)

DHC - Good luck next week.

Footsie
xxx

#9 ·
Thanks Footsie.

To be honest I found most of the side effects bearable with d/regging, it was the stimming that made me feel rough.

Good luck to you both xx

#10 ·
DHC - I am getting hot sometimes, but at the mo im on AF and i get like that during that time anyway. So just have to wait till AF finishes and see how i feel then.

Footsie - Im at Bourn hall colchester. Even tho all friends and family know that i have to have IVF, none of them know that im having it right now. I just dont know how i am going to feel going through this the first time, so didnt really want all the question from everyone, as they would phone every 5 mins to see how im getting on. Its good to talk to poeple who have been or are going though it tho as you all understand.

xxx

#11 ·
Hi Michelle and DHC,

How are you both getting on?

Today is day 6 DR and i have a terrible headache despite having drank 1.5ltrs of water already! I am just getting fed up with this and wishing the next few weeks away! Arrrrrrrrrrg

hope u are both having a better day

#12 ·
Hi hun, Sorry the headaches are bad  ^hugme^  hopefully they ease up soon. Ive not been to bad so far, starting to get slight headaches. Just hoping the weeks fly by now. Just wish that i could tell if it was working. Did want to phone my clinic and see if they could fit me in for a scan but i supose i will just have to wait. Hope you have a good day x

DHC - Hope your well hun x

xxx

#13 ·
I would always get the headaches just after doing the nasal spray and they would last for a few hours. Drinking water and having a paracetamol should help to ease them.

Well 4 more days until I start sniffing, I think that's when it will all hit me again, the reality of going through another tx.

#14 ·
Hey all

Footsie - Hows the headaches? Mine have gotten worse  :(  just trying to get on with it but it really does stop you in your tracks x

DHC - Not long now hun x

#15 ·
Hi Ladies,

Michelle - The headaches are not too bad at the moment just feeling a bit low today. Am sorry yours have got worse just try and drink lots of water. I also had acupuncture last night which might have helped. Yay.....3 weeks today to the baseline scan. I just keep wishing the days silly eh! hope you feel better hun.

DHC - Hope you well. I bet you can't wait to get started!

#16 ·
Footsie - I know what you mean about wishing the days away. I dont know if having a ticker in my sig helpfull or not, i look at it everyday and get excited that another day has gone but then think anout how many days are left  ^idiot^ 
Can i ask, if you dont mind, why you are DR for so long? xxx

#17 ·
I love your ticker as it shows exactly how many weeks and days to go.

I have no idea why am DR for this long. The clinic just gave me the dates for bloods/scan and I didn't question them why because I was just relieved to get started at long last! My guess is that they didn't have anymore spots for EC at end of March. I was quite unhappy about it at first but now am quite glad because it will be more convenient to take time off work for EC/ET. I have also read (on another forum) that DR for long sometimes is better for some women and the chances of a BFP are higher! hope its true for us

Enjoy your evening
xxx

#18 ·
Ohh i hope thats true about DR for longer!
Same reason im DR for such a long time, and also more convenient for me too as i work in school and easter half term is right around EC/ET.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#19 ·
Hi everyone and hello Michelle again  :)

I am DR at the moment on day 2 and so far, no side effects. I am also taking Norethisterone and about an hour after i take it, i feel sick for a bit and have had a thick head all week.

I am also doing DR for 3 weeks (+2days) as baseline scan on the 23rd - again cos my clinic is chocca. I have the 2nd and 3rd week off in April coincidentally so hopefully that will be most of my 2ww, although being at work would have probably made the time past quicker!

Nice to see there are a few of us going through tx at the same time xxx

#20 ·
Morning ladies,

Hope you are all well.

I am now on day 12 of DR but still no AF! I've got all the signs of but she's not here yet. Its been a rough few days with headaches,cramps and sore (.) (.) aaaarrrrrrrrrrrg!

Michelle - how are you doing hun?
DHC - so you've now started uh? how are you finding it?
Angel - hope you are ok.

xxx

#21 ·
Hey all

Angel - Hi hunni x Hope all is going well and the side effects are not affecting you too much.

Footsie - Hope AF makes an appearence soon hun.

DHC - Now you have started (i hope im right this time)  ;D  Hope its all going ok.

AFM, still having slight spotting but getting less and less each day, its been annoying AF lasting this long but i hope that means that DR is working and my lining is now nice and thin. Headaches seem to be easing, they are at their worst a few hours after my injection so can find it hard to sleep.

Take care xxx

#22 ·
Hi all,

Its really nice there are a few of us going through tx at almost the same time and good to support eachother.

I am now on day 6 of DR with the nasal spray and yesterday i started feel really sick and on and off again today. Feel really rough with a thick head! Horrible and got 18 days to go! :mad:

I hope you are all feeling a bit better?

Most of us seem to be experiencing headaches, i guess from Michelle that they may get worse yet?

Chin up all, its worth it  :) xx

#23 ·
Hi ladies,

Hope you are all keeping well.

Michelle - how are you doing hun? has the spotting stopped now and how are the headaches?

DHC- how are you getting on with the jabs? hope you are ok.

Angel - Hope you are feeling better now and the headaches anr lessening.

AFM, now in day 14 and AF finally decided to show up yesterday so quite relieved. Two more weeks to baseline scan and I cant wait to hopefully start stimms!

Have a good evening
xxx

#24 ·
Hey Footsie,

Its getting closer now isnt it - cant wait! Stimming for me two weeks tomorrow :)

Yes thank you my headaches are better, more like a thick head everyday which feels like i am hungover when im not! :mad:

Michelle how are you? Hope your feeling better now?

My AF is due today and i also stopped the tabs 3 days ago so anytime now, it will be here with a vengence no doubt :mad:

xxx

#25 ·
Hi all

Footsie - Spotting still here but very off and on  :mad:  Glad AF arrived for you hun. Not long now hey  ;)  x

Angel - Hope AF doesnt keep you waiting. Glad your head is feeling better x

DHC - Hope your ok? x

Getting quite fed up with DR, been at it since 19th feb and now just getting impatient to start stimming, never wishing my days away so much.

xxx

#26 ·
well d/regging is a pain in the @rse, think I've got every side effect possible with it, bleurgh !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.