Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think it is ok to bath after getting a BFP, i so love my bath, and i have a chest infection and just want to lie and soak, but am scared so say yes some say no??
what will i do
kim xxx

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am not sure but i think that it has something to do with the temperture of the water...I am haveing lukewarm baths at the moment.

Mary

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
HI Buster, and congrats! I have been busy elsewhere lately and hadn't caught up with your news.  YOu must be over the moon!

I was advised not to take a hot bath during the 2ww because the hot water draws blood to the skin and away from the uterus.  I guess the same thing applies during PG, though the longer you have been PG, the safer it gets.  I had lots of baths later on, but not at the beginning.

All the best, and lots of sticky vibes for your beanie.
Essex Girl xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi hun,

Baths are fine, just dont have the water too hot  ;) At my old property i only had a bath when i was pg could of murdered for a shower in the later stages  ;D I always had red hot baths before being pg and i hated having luke warm baths  ;D

Get the bubbles and the candles out and have a nice soak

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
I too loved my baths but had problems getting in and out when I got bigger!!  ;D ;D So, I was stuck with showers in the later stages so I would say go and enjoy your nice relaxing baths before you 1) get too big and 2) have a baby who doesn't want you out of their sight for more than 30secs!!  ;D ;D 

I now have to shower with C sat in the bathroom doorway so I am in full view of him!  ;D ;D Not the most relaxing!!  ;D ;D I only get to have a soak at the weekend when DH takes C out for an hour or so!

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Yes its great fun trying to shower/bath and entertaining bubs  ;D

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hi Kim,

My books say not to have the bathwater over 100F which is not too lukewarm but comfortable (although not hot like I like it).

mayve x 

·
Registered
343 Posts
Kim

Just wanted to say I agree with everyone's advice about not having the water too hot. One thing you may notice when you get to be v big (apart from the getting in and out issue - have someone to hand!) is that I found that dh would have a good old work out herself at the same time. I don't know how, but she could always tell when it was bathtime for mummy. Look out for some elbows and Knees jutting out!

x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I think as long as the water is not too hot then its fine.

Congratulations and I hope you feel better soon.

x x x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts