Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching bbc3 at the moment about sperm donors, at least it is highlighting the problem of sperm shortage even if it is a slightly odd programme.

L

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
It is very odd, isn't it?  Was a bit offended about the old man saying he'd donate 'au naturale'  ::)

·
Registered
81 Posts
As the holder of this rather sad title, I am rather miffed that they faked an interview with "Scotland's sole sperm donor".

I'd expected better of the BBC.

David

PS There are more now.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
David - the cheats!! (I'm tempted to make a joke about scots men and producing sperm, but it would be in bad taste so I wont!)
What was the programme title and will it be repeated?
Lizi.x

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi
I too watched this although it was only cuz a friend called to say it was on, i didnt c any ads for it...as 4 that man sayin he wud donate if he cud sleep with the wives arrrrgggghhh wat an idiot, made my OH so angry.

That bloke in NI made us cry, how he went away and thinking about it all day and wat he said oh if only more men thought like that!

Anyway I have emailed bbc3 asking if it will be aired again maybe on bbc1 or 2, with more ads that it will be on so possible people will watch, wonder if they email me back? ::)

Love
Laura xx

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi all

I watched this programme with great interest, as partner has azoospermia caused by a chromosonal disorder so sperm donor is going to be our route. It was called the great sperm crisis

I'm really pleased that they raised this issue, unless your in this situation like us I dont think the majority of the general population realize what a problem there is. I certainly didn't before starting on this road.

I cant believe that they faked that interview with the scottish guy, it seemed so genuine, I didn't realise the situation was that dire in scotland and in NI.

actually the guy in NI also made me cry. I do hope that was genuine and not faked as well.

I find it disgusting that that politician woman wouldn't even give the presenter the time of day and that the only other one they spoke too appeared to not have any idea.

Whilst it was a good programme and anything that raises the topic of sperm donation and the change of rules by the HFEA, I do think it would be better aired on one of the more popular channels,

David on behalf of all the couples you may help, thank you.

becky

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Becky  :)

If asked, I wouldn't have been interviewed anyway as, though friends and family know, I don't want it to be known at work. 

The only way they could have got to me is via Ninewells (other than putting an ad in the national press  ;D) and I'm pretty sure that to protect their patients, they would not have wanted to risk my anonimity being compromised as there would be no doubt for any recent recipients who their donor was.  I doubt if HFEA rules would allow a message from the media to be passed on in any case.

Best wishes

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts