Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies,

Would be really grateful if you could reply and let me know what time bedtime is / was for your 2 and a half year old  ???
Also when they dropped the daytime nap ???

Thanks very much  :) :)
Looby xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Here bedtime is when CBeebies shuts down so 7pm. As for a daytime nap, J keeps looking like he is going to drop his then starts having one all over again and it's been like this for a couple of months now. From chatting to others though he seems to be one of the few his age to still have one (he was 3 a couple of weeks ago).

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey Looby :)

Kitty's was 7.00pm (although she's pushed it to 8pm now she's older ::))

Can't remember when she dropped her nap :)

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry should also have asked - did your LO's still go down easy at this age  ???

Eg we start kate's bedtime routine at about 6.45 and she is normally asleep by about 8.30
I have tried putting bedtime later - but it still takes the same amount of time only she goes down much later  ;D ;D

xx 

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi,

We're 7pm bedtime here too. Lucas is asleep by 7pm on the dot (95% of the time). Henry was always a 7pm bedtimer as well but it has got later and later since he turned 3 - it's a very good night if he's asleep by 7.30pm.

Henry dropped his day time sleep just as he was approaching 3.

S xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Honey we start at 6 with 'wind down' (yeah right  ::) ) and milk and beebies.  At 6.30 we supposedly go for a bath but as daddy's in charge from this point, it's often getting towards 6.45/7 , though since M dropped his nap and is usually about to flip over into overtired any time from then, I've been trying to get them both to head off upstairs bang on time at 6.30.  
Then the two of them usually enter some kind of timewarp in the bathroom and emerge at about 7.30 to start stories, though again we're on a bit of a campaign of timeliness at the moment, so in theory, it's bath, stories and bed by 7.30.  He usually chats a bit before nodding off, sometimes though there's tears before bedtime or he convinces daddy to read yet more stories.   Always asleep though by about 8.

M dropped his naps finally about a month before S came along - great timing, as it was also a week before I broke my ankle  :(  
So he was about 2.5 years.

Claire x

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Ditto claire! Heather dropped her daytime nap just as lucy came along!  ^bigbad^ So she was just 2!

She will happily sleep in the afternoon though but we have a nightmare getting her to bed at night- can be up to 10pm and her little head is still at the safety gate!

We decided it was easier to cut our losses and stop her sleep- she may kip in the car if out but not for long- and this way she is so shattered that she's often asleep by 7! She will go through till 8ish....8.30 this morning was very nice!

Tend to wind down after tea, not usually bathed every night but bit of zoo lane with milk then stories in bed.

love Rachel x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
We rarely do baths in the evening anymore as it's just too much of a rush so I bath them in the morning. Dh gets home from work by 6pm and then tears around with J and M for half hour, around 6.30pm they get their pj's on then onto dh for cuddles, milk and whatever CBeebies decide they will show. ;D They know that as soon as the green screen comes up it's bedtime and very rarely kick off. By the time teeth and some messing around are done, they're usually in bed by 7.15pm and the majority of the time go straight to sleep.

Mine are early risers though so I would imagine that makes a difference.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ladies,

Madam will happily skip her nap if we are at home - but the minute we go out in the car after 1pm
she is fast asleep within minutes
I wasnt sure about forcing her to skip as we would then be tied to the house every afternoon
must admit she is knackered by 7pm and normally falls asleep on her bottle

Any suggestions ??

xx

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi

Gavin was 3 in March and he still has an afternoon nap but he doesn't go to bed till 8.30pm.  that's been his bedtime for a while as dp only gets home after 6pm so we deliberately had a later bedtime so they could have some time together.

it's a tricky one getting them to skip naps becasue they get so grumpy!! 

Annette

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
N goes to bed about 7-7.30pm depending on what time DH gets home & how squirmy N is (the more squirmy the more tired!). He has a bottle downstairs now before bath, then bath & then Daddy chases him up & down the landing whilst trying to put a nappy on him & put his pj's on (this is very difficult these days). Then DH has to pin him down in the cot to get him into his sleeping bag but generally he's asleep within 15 minutes. Just recently he's been waking early, an time from 5am onwards & not going back to sleep.

In the last few weeks N has def slept less in the morning & some mornings he won't nap at all. If he's been at the Adventure Play on Tues am he sleeps for a bit at nursery cos he's so exhausted he can't avoid it. He's def pushing to stay awake by whatever means he can ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Angus is 2 years 11 months and is inbetween with the dropping his daytime sleep - ie he'll go without if for a few days but then it will catch up with him and he'll need one. But it does mean he doesn't have to have one so frees us up sometimes.

Bedtime is after cbeebies. So 7pm if no bath and about 7.30 if bathing (we stopped bathing every night a few months ago. we did a fixed routine from about 6 months if not earlier so we have no problems getting him to bed unless he is really overtired. So a few months ago we decided to try it without the bath and he was fine. This is good as we don't have to do it everynight now - mre like every other though there is no hard and fast rule.

If angus has a daytime sleep he has to have it early ie awake by 1pm or he takes ages to go to sleep at night.

We do have one thing that we perhaps do 'wrong' we have to stay with him till he goes to sleep but since that is usually 5 mins after story time it's not that big an issue.

Good luck with this one!

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Hun,

Missy Moo has just gone down ... is chattering away saying goodnight to Monkey and Elephant  ;D

She still naps during the day ... about an hour.

My Munchkins have never slept 12 hours (well ok maybe once or twice  ::)) and I can guarantee she will be awake by 7am tomorrow.

F is still having a nap in the mornings (only about 1/2 to one hour) as otherwise he would be a little *bleep* at nursery!  ;D
He is still up ... have to give him 10 mins after E.

Sometimes we do keep them going ... bedtime can come forward a bit but getting up in the morning time always seem to remain the same  ::)

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - Putting the Munchkins in the car is the best and most guaranteed way of making them sleep.  Infact, if we have something on in the afternoon at the weekend, DH will take them out for a drive in the morning.  When being driven, both will sleep for up to a couple of hours.
Bad Mummy that I am, I have even stuck them in the car, gine for a drive until they fall asleep and then parked them up outside the window at home!  :eek:
Sometimes, we will do anything for 5 minutes peace!  ;D

·
Registered
841 Posts
My DSS was still having a nap, if given the opportunity, until he went to school.

HJG

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hi

My routine is 5pm tea, followed by bath and in PJ's and down stairs for quiet time by 6pm to watch cbeebies bedtime hour- DD lays with me and DS lays with DH and 6.30 DS goes to bed and DD goes up at 6.50 and for her its teeth brush and toilet and asleep by 7pm! they both sleep for at least 11.5hours a night (if not longer- more DD)

DS is 21m old and has an hour nap about 12,30 everyday too and if he doesnt get it her tens to be a grump however today he didnt sleep (as out in buggy at DD nursery school) and feel asleep on DH at 5.30 (they had an early tea/bath as both shatter-children that is!)

DD doesnt have a nap and hasnt since she was 2.5yr old

xxx

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Hey Looby,

Kaydn is still having a daytime nap, normally for about an hour, although he can go without if we are out & about somewhere.
The days we are at home I put him down for a nap around 2pm, he pretty much always says 'no nap today, not tired' but I attempt it & if he sleeps great, but if I can still hear him chatting & kicking his legs 20-30 mins later I'll go up & get him.

K also goes to bed at 7pm. We don't bath every night, only about twice a week so our routine is normally dinner around 5pm, nappy change & into pjs around 6.20, back down for a Beebies & a cup of milk & then bed when Beebies finishes.

I hate to say it, as you are quite clearly having a few problems with Katie going down, but K goes down fine. Most days he will be asleep very quickly, sometimes I can hear him singing 45 mins later, but once he's in bed I don't go back into him, as he is not upset when awake.

With us though, K has pretty much had this routine from 3/4 months old so is well used to it. If Katie hasn't had a set routine this way from a young age it will be harder to 'train' her at this age.

What is Katie doing when she is awake at bedtime? Is she crying or just awake?

Maybe if you talk us through your bedtime, I'm sure you will be given some good advice to try & tackle it.  ^hugme^

Siobhan x

p.s. MJ, It's so lovely to see you posting on these threads!  :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hello

Brody is 3 in september and is always asleep by 7.30 at the latest, in bed by 7 and we usually start bedtime routine by 6-6.15 depending on if he has a bath or not.  he has a bath, then pj's, then milk and stories (he usually has 3) on our bed and then he's always in his bed by 7pm. 

He loves going to bed but we've done the same routine since he was very little so he knows what's coming really.  We've started to "race" to bed once stories are over, so it's fun for him to finally get into his bed when he always "wins"  ;) the race.

He still has a day time nap, rises at about 6am at the mo and is always back asleep around about 4 hours after he gets up

Hope this helps and hope your probs are sorted soon!

Keri xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
K is in bed at 7pm :) He usually chats to himself for about 20 mins and goes off :)

He still have about and hour and a half nap in the afternoon ! ^pompom^ ;D

I am really lucky he likes his sleep ;D He woke up at 9 this morning :) , usually its about 8:45  :)

xx

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Hi Looby
D's gradually dropping her nap  - no nap five days out of seven i guess - can't call it - she'd really like to sleep about four but that's not going to happen - if she looks like dropping I try to start 'Keep Daisy awake' plans - which usually work.
She has her bath usually about six thirty ish - then stories and milk then she goes off by seven thirty. Is allowed to come down after bath on Frid and Sat but no other days. Mostly no problems - sleeps til six thirty or so now - phew - after years of the five thirty alarm call!

Take care Looby - it'll happen
Poll

1 - 20 of 24 Posts