Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

We have just been allocated a SW (last Wed) and were told that we now just have to wait for her to either ring us or write to us.

How long do you think we should wait to hear?  I was going to chase them up this Friday, or will I just be considered as pestering them?

Also we are almost definitely going to want adopt from abroad unless the SW can convince us that domestic is the way to go.  For those of you that are adopting domestically, what were the parameters that you had to agree to eg did you have to say you would take a child between 2-5 or could you stipulate that you wanted a child under 2 etc?

TIA

T x

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi there

Great news on getting allocated a SW!!.
We got a call from ours and thats when we found out!, so she booked 4 appoinments there and then.
I would wait till 2 weeks is up and chase then, that way it looks like you are on the ball but not inpatient...hopefully they will call you first..

With rrgard to ages, we didsnt have to decide until the end of the homestudy, it may be that your SWhas a small input into it, but its just what they feel and not set in stone. Luckily ours had picked the same ages as what we had so it was really good.....
We chose 0-2 for our age group although wehave been told upon review we can always change the age groups.

Hoping you get a call soon!

Natxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
T

Same as Nats, we didn't have to say until the end of the homestudy and there's a section in the form F about it.

I'd say like Nat too that two weeks is more reasonable.

Good luck
Karen x

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both - I shall wait until next wed - that will be 2 weeks!

We are in a bit of a dilemma at the moment about domestic versus inter-country, there are sooooo many pros and cons to both!!

Oh boy, decisions decisions!!

T x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Milktray -  You'll know which decision is right for yourselves!

As for ages - stick to your guns - if you want a young child, then say that's what you want, don't be talked into anything that you might regret later, it's not good for you or the child.

On a positive not - great to hear you've been allocated a SW,your journey is just beginning - enjoy it!

Love
Andrea

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Milktray,

Good news on the sw.

Laine x

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Milktray,

I am really intrested in your journey as you know we too are sort of looking into intercountry adoption.

Are you still intrested in russia and if so have you any more info ( i think i faxed you info a while back)

Which county are you from, they seem to have allocated you a sw fast?

Fiona

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Fiona

We live in Warwickshire.  Although we have been allocated a SW she may well tell us that since we had tx only 2 months ago we will have to wait, so it's a double edged sword really!!

We are still in two minds as to whether we will do domestic or intercountry adoption.  However if we go down the route of intercountry then it will definitely be Russia.

We start Russian at evening school in the Autumn - yikes!!

We have also become members or OASIS, which has been a fountain of knowledge for us.

T x

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the SW coming to see us tomorrow for our first visit - yikes!!

We have been cleaning like mad tonight - she probably won't even look round, but at least I feel safe in the knowledge that if she does the house is clean!!

T x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.