Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but I am now struggling.  Am halfway through my first IUI 2WW and also doing weightwatchers. 

Arrghghghghghghghghghghghghg

Realistially, how much weight do you reckon you gain after giving up ??

And, how much longer till the cravings go.  Mostly have been OK, but has the worst craving at lunchtime today.  Didn't smoke but did do £250 on my credit card in 20 minutes  :eek:  :eek:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Nix76,
Well done on stopping smoking. It does get easier after a few weeks. I stopped last June and I feel so much better now. You don't realise how tight your chest is until you stop. I didn't put alot of weight on after stopping (half a stone tops), but everything does taste so much nicer when you stop so be aware of how much you eat. I like foods now that I wouldn't touch while I was smoking. I know that it's a really hard time to stop with us lot under so much pressure from the tx. You should feel so proud of yourself for doing it now. A week of not smoking is 100% better than smoking!!
I think it does start to get easier but truthfully I still have a few cravings now and again. I reckon it's similar to being an alcholic, in the sense that once you're a smoker you are always a smoker. It gets to the point where you would still love to have a ciggie but you don't see the point because of all the time that you've been stopped.
Hang in there and just think of how you are helping your body and hopefully your future childrens healths.
It's not a good idea to start with the retail therapy, I spent an absolute fortune  ::) Try putting the money that you would have spent on ciggies in a jar. When there's plenty go have a splurge  ;D
Good luck for the future
Sarah xx

·
Registered
292 Posts
hi Nix76, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! 
Well done on giving up the dirty ****!!!  It's bloomin hard!!!!!  I know, I'm day 12 off the **** and day 12 of D/Ring, so besides being a complete ***** because I'm off the ****, it's probably doubled due to D/Ring!!    I've also noticed I am eating a lot more and hoping I settle down on that soon else I'll have to buy a new wardrobe in no time.  I do believe its easy to put on weight because as a smoker we're used to holding something in our hands and putting something in our mouths (all through habit too), so now instead of a *** we go for the wrong stuff such as chocolate!!
Are you using anything such as patches, I've gone cold turkey and had a few cravings since my very last *** but I either take a good gulp of water or chew a chewing gum for a couple of minutes, this takes my mind off the craving!  AND I tell myself I'm doing the right thing for my eggs that will bring along my little angel!!!!
Good luck and keep it up hun, I can't say it gets any easier as I'm only a few days more than you off them!!!  But as Sarah says, don't go doing the retail therapy cos you'll spend a fortune!!
G x x

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no smoking. 

Very proud that I survived the sunny bank holiday weekend without succumbing !!!!!!!

:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well done you, its soo hard isnt it (iv stopped 7 weeks ago) Im same sun comes out and its as though **** taste nicer ^idiot^

How long you given up? Keep up the good work, i dont no if the cravings get any easier but as the weeks go by you def think about smoking less and less. ;)

Jo

xxxx

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
;D  It;s not even been 2 weeks yet, but am still pretty proud of myself !!

Definitely have to keep an eye on eating though cos will end up the size of a house if I dont  :eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
And so you should be, i found the first fw weeks so hard so hopefully you'll find it easier swn  :)

Ive put on loadsa weight, i was between size 6-8 but now im more 8-10, i wasnt to worried to start with but if i carry on at this rate i'll be huge.(im actually chewing a dairy milk as we spk!) ^bigbad^

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no !!!

Was dieting prior to quitting and starting this cycle of IUI, but think the combination of 2WW stress and no ciggies isn't doing my diet willpower much good.

May have to wear a gag !!!!!  ;D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not a bad idea, i'll be giving it a go soon!! ^idiot^

Everyone keeps tellin me to nibble on fruit or raw carrott but im really craving chocolate ???
arr well theres only so much a girl can do eh..... we'll diet after weve cracked the smoking.
Second thoughts if tx goes well we can blame the weight gain on pregnancy,  ;D
looks like a win win situation to me..... ;)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
;D  My plan exactly!  Get the long wished for BFP and then can get as fat as I like for a few months !!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Girls
What are you 2 like???  ;D ;D  I'm exactly 2 weeks off the **** and yes the sun is out and oh how nice it would be to go out in the garden with a cup of coffee and a ***, right it's time for water!!!

Well done Nix76 on getting through the weekend.  I'm eating like a pig at the moment and I can feel I'm putting on the weight but you girls say, if we get the BFP at the end of it all, we'll all be happy!!!!!  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Simba, how did Sunday night out go???  Hope you managed to say no thank you to a ***!!  ^hugme^
G x x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Haha.... right so thats a plan, lots of bfp please, that will be our well deserved reward for
not smoking. ;)

I started rdg Samias diary before i quit and that really inspired me to give up, im sure it'll help us all get bfp's. What stages are you 2 at? :)

Im waiting for af to arrive to start ivf cycle (due today but i just no im guna be late cause i dont want to be) ^bigbad^

G- I didnt go out sunday, we were getting ready, music blaring, vodka and redbulls flowing and my mum phoned to say dd wasnt well so she brought her home, i didnt mind though, wiped off my makeup put my jimjams on and brought our duvets down for a girlie night on the sofa haha. Poor love has a chest infection gota pick her antibiotics up this afternoon. :)

Sorry i tend to go on and on and on once i start lol! :eek:

Love Jo

p.s good to chat to others going through the same,its bloody hard giving up smoking and ttc ^hugme^
xxx

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simba - you chat away hun!  It's BLOODY hard ttc and giving up smoking !!

I am currently coming to the end of my first IUI 2WW - am on constant knicker check at the moment !!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Girls Try some tic tacs.

They do the trick and taste much nicer

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Girls

How are you all doing today??    Jo so sorry to hear you didn't manage to get out on Sunday but hey at least you weren' put into a situation of drink in one hand and wanting a *** in the other!!!  :)  Hope DD is better today hun  ^hugme^  Hope AF has arrived, mine was 2 days late, isn't it funny, you never want it and then once we have tx, we're praying for them to come!!!!  ;D
Nix76, bless you on the knicker watching, what date is your test??? best of luck with it hun AND still off the ****, well done girl!!  ^hugme^
I'm on day 3 of stimming, didn't really like D/Ring but jeez this sticking injections in oneself is a bloomin nightmare, well at least so far DH has been doing it for me, bless him, he's a little star!!!!!
Angel83, I'll have to try the tic tacs and they're low in fat too aren't they???
laters
G x x

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AF arrived last night, 3 days before test day.  I have never wanted to smoke more than I do right now...........

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oh nix  ^hugme^
So sorry to hear af arrived, life is so cruel.
Sorry havent been on for few days dd not been very well.
What have clinic suggested? Mine still test even with af? xx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts