Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have been told by my Consultant that I can be referred to Herts & essex for ICSI. :)

DH and I are going to the open evening this month to find out more about the clinic but what I have read so far on this part of the site has made me feel clam.  They seem to be very nice with low waiting times.

I just wanted to really say Hi to anyone else in the same position and to hear of other's experiences with ICSI and whether they had any success with them.

Also just wanted to say thank you to all the members on the site for all the useful information they share and all the support given.

Hopeful

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Hopeful,

I can't say enough good things about H&E, I have had 2 cycles of ICSI there and they worked both times. I have a 16 month old daughter and am 15 weeks pregnant with twins.

I did long protocol 1st time and short 2nd time, both times I only harvested 5 or 6 eggs and had 2 empies put back in on 3 day transfers. I was abit jealous reading about women who got over 20 eggs harvested, but as I was told it's quality not quantity that counts.

Good luck with it all, and if you have any questions feel free to ask away, no matter how silly you think the question is.

Bryony.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bryony

Congratulations on your Twins.  How exciting.

I am so pleased to hear that you rate Herts & Essex so well.

I will certainly pick your brains.  I am going to an open evening soon so will be ncie to see the clinic and meet the staff for the first time.  Am very nervous but also anxious just to get started.

Hopeful x

·
Registered
161 Posts
hopeful2012 said:
Hello

I have been told by my Consultant that I can be referred to Herts & essex for ICSI. :)

DH and I are going to the open evening this month to find out more about the clinic but what I have read so far on this part of the site has made me feel clam. They seem to be very nice with low waiting times.
Hi, just wondering when the open evening is? We are also due to start soon. We have our first consultation next week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The open evenings at H & E are the last thursday of every month.  YOu need to book a place and they only have 10 couples at each evening so its easy to ask questions.

They give a talk about the whole treatment process then show you around the clinic then you can ask questions.

If you want to contact them to book on the next evening their number is 01992 785060.

I have to say I was very impressed and they were all very friendly.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi Hopeful

Just wanted to say H & E are fantastic. They treat you like a person and not a number and always make you feel like they really care about you.
I have a 3 year old son from ICSI and am now 12 weeks pregnant again with ICSI.
Good luck but you will be in good hands.
Sg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi

I would recommend H&E. I have been seeing them for nearly two years now. We have had 2 x IUI and 3 x ICSI. Unfortunately no success yet.  :( But they are very friendly, I feel comfortable going for scans on my own and overall it is a lovely environment, especially compared to some of those I visited in London.

Good luck.

Willisess x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, i cannot speak highly enough about H&E and feel very blessed that we were referred there. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant after my first IVF cycle. Everyone from the Receptionist to the consultants make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.