Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have what may seem as a strange question i have a tummy ring and have been told sometimes the skin can split which has frightened me although i have never seen this happen to anyone i know.
I have  brought a pregnancy one to use has anyone seen or heard of this or do you think its best to take it out altogether when pregnant??
thanks shallot

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi

I took out my belly  button ring when pregnant and to be honest it doesn't heel very well with the stretching skin and stayed quite a marked red colour for at least 6 months after.  I did look round for a pregnancy ring but couldn't find one, the other alternative my beautican had was using fishing wire.....(sounds gross but is apparently used quite commonly)

Some people don't go that bumpalicous so you might well be able to get away with a normal one for at least the first 6 months

Haven't really helped you there, though sorry

Good luck

Netty

·
Registered
632 Posts
What's a pg belly button ring??

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi,
I got one off Ebay and I just searched for pregnancy belly button piercing. It was made of a really flexible plastic which you could cut to size yourself, I think that it was a couple of quid, good luck, I know lots of girls who have successfully kept their belly button piercings whilst pg.
lol
Dxxx

·
Registered
416 Posts
I took mine out as it started to look a little stretched. Didnt put a retainer in, and it looks partly healed now, so I dont think I'll get a ring back in afterwrads :( Dunno why, but I thought that since me ears are still open and I hardly ever wear earrings that it'd be OK. Silly me !

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hiya!

I tried one of the pg rings, but my skin was stretching in ways I didn't want it to - so I ended up taking it out.  I really didn't want to!  It took nearly a year for mine to heal & then I had to take it out!  It's worth it though!!!  :)

xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I kept my usual ring in the whole time - i wasn't expecting to be able to though, so had bought a pg ring from ebay - yes, only a couple of squids.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone
Thanks for your replies I've put in a pregnancy one now I'll see how i get on already looking a little stretched and I'm only 17 weeks I'll see how it goes thanks again
Love Shallot xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts