Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
Where in london do I go for a private hsg or a HyCoSy? I had a bad experience with hsg-very painful but the hycosy was bliss, obviously I would prefer a hycosy. I had them done years ago but would like to check out my tubes if one is at least patent. they were blocked before but I had successful tubal cannulation done 4yrs ago. I had them done on the nhs and private 6yrs ago but he private clinic I went to at the time have closed down. I really dont want another laparoscopy-too much for me after 4laps over the years. I live in West London and Im 41
thanks
Danni
xxx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi there

I cant answer on the hycosy but I had a painfree HSG at hammersmith (private) and a very successful Hysteroscopy last year (also private, to get rid of excessive scarring from mmc/ERPC in Nov 06) there as well.  Dont know if that helps at all.  I had had a very painful HSG done at an NHS hospital previously but understand that the pain levels are dependent on whether you have an issue with blockage in your tubes?  Maybe I am wrong and someone else can help?

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi there Danni, have you tried asking on the locations board you post on they may be more girls on there who dont post on here but who know more about clinics in your area ect.  :) i hope you get some positive feedback  ;)
keep checking back

xxx

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hi Danni

My first one years ago was awful and I felt traumatised. I had one a few weeks ago and it was an amazingly different experience. It did not hurt at all and they were lovely.  I had it done privately by Prof Hemmingway a very nice lady at the princess grace hospital in central London near baker st tube. Good luck

Julie xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi, just to mention Prof Hemmingway did my HSG as well, although at Hammersmith.  I think she must have the gentle touch then!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys
Im close to Central London and many private clinics in Harley street and also 10mins from Baker Street, so ill enquire. This is for July or August about Day7-10 of my cycle.  Ill take antibiotics for 1day before the procedure and 2 days after. I just dont want any problems .Is that correct?
My hsg done 10years ago was so painful i almost passed out but my tubes were patent and beautiful, maybe its the person doing the procedure cos the one i had in 2003 was not much painful ??? but my tubes were found to be blocked
thanks again
Danni

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Dani- I was perscribed antibiotics for 3 days to be taken after the HSG-  I didn't take them  ;D Anyway just looked and my HSG was about £500 privately there - I phoned one day and did it the next as the timing was right - good luck

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Prof Anne Hemmingway did mine at the Princess Grace Hospital, around 500 pounds, she was excellent and very kind and I was a nervous wreck.  I wasn't given AB's afterwards, told to take pain killers before.  Mr Trew (cons at the Hammersmith and 92 Harley St arranged mine)- pm me if you want details
Lx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts