Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am currently on day 8 of the 2ww and am now getting anxious etc. as to whether I have been lucky or not this cycle.  My actual test date is the 28 April, but am wondering if I can test before then and will it show up as an actual result?  I have been told day 8 is too early because the pregnyl shot I had on the 10 April before e/c would still be in my system.  Is it sensible to test on day 10/11 with a hpt (my clinic dont do blood tests) and carry on testing til day 14?

Or should I just get a blood test done at my GP's surgery, if so what day is best? This is hopefully if I last that long and not have af before! Luv Shas xx

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Shas,

I remember feeling really impatient on my 2ww, it seemed to drag on forever. I tested on day 10 and got a positive (but i am expecting twins so hcg would have been higher)

As hard as it is, i wouldnt test until day 12 at the earliest. So many girls have tested early and its been negative which is obviously heartbreaking, then they have tested on their actual test day and got a positive. Some dont even get a positive until a few days after their actual test day.

Day 8 is definately too early so hang in there. I recommend a clear blue hpt first thing in the morning. Wishing you heaps of luck, let us know how you get on,

Leanne xx

^goodluck^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Shas

Much as the temptation to test early is hard to resist, I urge you to try!!!!  Because I had blastocyst transfer I was told to test 14 days after EC, but tested 12 days later - spent the next two days in utter turmoil as couldn't really read the result - squinting to see two lines etc - and believe me when I say them two days were the longest ever!!!

If you really can't help yourself, I think anyway before 12dpt is too early -  I'm sure other early testers will agree with me!!!  I know its hard, so sending the   ^police^to keep an eye on you!!

^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^

Good Luck ^reiki^
Love
Churchill
x

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi shas,I tested yesterday and got a BFP,I did apreg test in the morning before the hosp and it was negative,I did a preg urine test at the hosp a few hours later and it was BFP,so don't take too much notice of the result until you have a blood test,HANG IN THERE GIRL,love sharon.xxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Shas

the ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^

are patrolling ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^

I know it must be so hard to wait to test and i think i would be the same, but please try and hold out, if u tested and it was bfn u would feel awful til the official test day

I would hold out to test day if u can but if not dont test before day 12 at the very earliest i would say

Sending lots of love to u and Faberge ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emilyxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.