Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have taken the last 2 cycles in the morning with my morning dose of metformin but was wondering if this is right or should it really be taken in the evening? My gynae did not mention when to take it.

I am waiting for this cycles AF (well hopefully wont come and will have a BFP but hey ho not holding out too much for it!) and then I have to take oestrogen tablets and go back to clinic to have a post coital test done (yuk) as last time my mucus was not very good, poss result of the clomid as it can affect your mucus. Once has the test done I will be given Norethisterone to have a false period and then I can take my 3rd cycle of the clomid.

If anyone can let me know how and when they take their clomid and or if anyone else has had to go through post coital testing it would be much appreciated.

Heres hoping........ ^reiki^
Lou
^rainbow^

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi lou

i take my clomid in the evening or late in day as possible, not sure if it makes much difference?
I havent had a post coital test done so cant help you with that one
im sure the other clomid girls can give you some good advice ^goodluck^

love
suzie x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

I don't think it actually matters when you take it...all I do know is that when I 1st started taking it I was advised by lovely ladies here to take it at nightime as it lessens the side effects as you sleep through most of them. I take mine at bedtime & am on 4th cycle & can honestly say not really suffered too badly at all ^afro^

Haven't had a post coital test before I'm afraid so can't help you there...but there are things you can take to try to improve CM....

Grapefruit juice
Zinc
Evening Primrose Oil (don't take after ovulation though as can cause uterine contractions)
Expectorant cough medicine (thins the mucus so easier for ^sperm^)..there's a separate thread somewhere on this forum with all the details as quite specific (probably got knocked down a few pages if you want to search) & shouldn't take after ovulation.

Good luck & take care
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hiya, yep i take mine as I'm falling into bed.  They keep me awake but I find this way I'm asleep before they kick in.  Did take it earlier once on holiday and felt pretty wrotten a few hours later.  good luck xx  ^reiki^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.